Big Ben's timing never better

Full story: Baltimore Sun
Not to be smug about it or anything, but I had no doubt the Steelers could go 92 desperate yards against the Ravens' defense. Full Story
trew

Columbia, MD

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Roethlisberger is a top echelon QB, he was doing this a rookie; so the people trying to excuse Flacco's lame performance by saying "he's just a rookie" do not hold water. Roethlisberger won big games and went to the Super Bowl as a rookie and Matt Ryan is carrying the Falcons to the playoffs, Flacco is treading water; a poor man's Roethlisberger.
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

#2 Dec 15, 2008
It's a special team made EXTRA special with the assistance of the black-and-white striped guys.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#3 Dec 15, 2008
trew wrote:
Roethlisberger is a top echelon QB, he was doing this a rookie; so the people trying to excuse Flacco's lame performance by saying "he's just a rookie" do not hold water. Roethlisberger won big games and went to the Super Bowl as a rookie and Matt Ryan is carrying the Falcons to the playoffs, Flacco is treading water; a poor man's Roethlisberger.
I wouldn't get that down on him. The game plan for him stunk, aside from adding the extra lineman in there at times. Obviously I am a Steeler fan, but I think the Ravens have (finally) found their QB. Plus, Cameron really hasn't had much success in his career versus Pittsburgh, regardless of which team he's been with.

If I were a Raven fan, and I am not, I would feel like I playing with house money...new coach, new rookie QB, new RB's, and they are in the hunt for the playoffs.
Gravdigr

Altoona, PA

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Roethlisberger did not go to the suprebowl as a rookie. He went 15-1 and lost the afc championship his rookie year. His second year he led the steelers to the superbowl and they won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willie Colon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jets' Mornhinweg: QB competition isn't '50-50' (May '14) May '14 Saluki Rod 4
Austin Howard to Sign with the Oakland Raiders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Captain Canada 6
New York Jets' Willie Colon Hates the New Engla... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Statfats 8
New England escapes by Jets with 13-10 victory (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Willie Colon (Apr '13) Apr '13 George W Bush 4
Is Kelvin Beachum Ready to Start for the Pittsb... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ktownitalian 1
Why Has Pittsburgh Steelers Guard Willie Colon ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
More from around the web