Fullback passes on Packers

Fullback passes on Packers

There are 5 comments on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Fullback passes on Packers. In it, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal reports that:

Another day, another whiff by the Green Bay Packers in free agency. Fullback Terrelle Smith, who visited the Packers on Tuesday and received an offer later on, has decided to sign a two-year deal with the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal.

Proball5

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Mar 24, 2007
Fullback passes on Packers, that's bull, if the Pack wanted him, they have all the money needed to sign him. How about changing the article title to: Pack Passes on Fullback.

Since: Feb 07

From the Northwoods of Wis.

#2 Mar 24, 2007
Yes, it does sound a little pessimistic. I wonder if Silverstein was looking forward to getting an interview with another signee, then...no signee, no real story. I agree with ya, if TT really wanted him, we'd have offered more because we were a #2 choice to begin with.

According to reports by Pasquarelli, "Smith was also sought by the Green Bay Packers, but was believed to be leaning toward the Cardinals, in part because he played at Arizona State in college and also felt that Whisenhunt has designed an offense that fits his strengths."
Proball5 wrote:
Fullback passes on Packers, that's bull, if the Pack wanted him, they have all the money needed to sign him. How about changing the article title to: Pack Passes on Fullback.
eric

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2007
He did preferer Arizona because of the running back coach Maurice Carthon. He had Carthon as a backs coach in Cleveland, but im sure going to college in Arizona had something to do with it.Cleveland is a cold weather place so he knows what playing in the cold is all about,so maybe thats another reason he choose Arizona over Green Bay.
Greg

Kenosha, WI

#4 Mar 24, 2007
His agent said he chose to go to Arizona because he is from California and he wants to play close to home. No big loss. This guy was cut from Cleveland, how good can he be?
kidflash

Cambridge, WI

#5 Mar 25, 2007
I'm sure the Arizona ties had something to do with it, but remember he still would have had to beat out Miree in Green Bay. Miree has more experience in the ZBS, so he would have add an early addvantage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

William Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Vikings Orlando Thomas dies (Nov '14) Nov '14 40for60 2
News The Minnesota Vikings.Packer Wannabes (Mar '13) Mar '13 GBPfan 7
News Mike Vandermause column: Green Bay Packers Gene... (Sep '09) Oct '09 turbo88 9
News Brad Childress, Brett Favre add fuel to Packers... (Sep '09) Oct '09 eric 159
News McGinn: Fullback Johnson does bang-up job again... (Aug '09) Aug '09 mike 1
News Packers shut out of All-Pro team (Jan '09) Jan '09 Araron 1
News Packers Release Henderson (Mar '07) Mar '07 Joe 8