Packers Release Henderson

Packers Release Henderson

There are 8 comments on the wfrv.com story from Mar 7, 2007, titled Packers Release Henderson. In it, wfrv.com reports that:

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday released fullback William Henderson. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at wfrv.com.

wozz e mohtoe

Dane, WI

#1 Mar 8, 2007
now heres a guy to get emotional about,heres a pro,this guy was an island,sure handed,if half the players like william,they'd win championships ,you gotta drink commin on me william

Since: Feb 07

Madison, WI

#2 Mar 8, 2007
Agreed -

If William catches on with another team - good for him, he's put in his time and deserves whatever he gets. If not, I look forward to him retiring as a Packer.
eric

Salome, AZ

#3 Mar 8, 2007
I think he will def. be in the packer hall of fame for sure. I stilll say this release is a big mistake, there isnt exactly guys breaking down the door to play here. The 21 symbol of packker football is debating every year if hes going to retire or not and sooner than not he will retire, and an average team with no marque players isnt gointg to be a ttop destiny for any player of substance.
Godzilla

Waunakee, WI

#4 Mar 8, 2007
I'm saddened by William Henderson's release from Green Bay. A fine professional football player, and a better PERSON -- which in the long run counts for a lot more.
I, like most other Packer fans wish William the very best in his career and afterwards. I sincerely hope, he will be named to the Packer Hall of Fame, as he is deserving of all the plaudits we can give him.
Aaron

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Mar 8, 2007
It's time for the Pack to switch up the backfield. Dump the fogeys and zone block your way to the Super Bowl. Henderson is way old.
Jerry

Kenosha, WI

#6 Mar 8, 2007
Hey, I like WH as much as any fan, he's a good guy. But Aaron is right.....it's time to move on. Can't afford to keep him any longer.
Brett

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 Mar 8, 2007
fear not...we will have justin griffin soon enough.. probably rueben droughns as well
Joe

Fond Du Lac, WI

#8 Mar 10, 2007
William Henderson isn't that great of a person. Last season he went to a place where Packer players talk on a radio talk show, and sign autographs. People pay a little bit of money for them autographs which is all donated to breast cancer research. He talked on the show, and refused to sign his name on a couple of footballs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

William Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Vikings Orlando Thomas dies (Nov '14) Nov '14 40for60 2
News The Minnesota Vikings.Packer Wannabes (Mar '13) Mar '13 GBPfan 7
News Mike Vandermause column: Green Bay Packers Gene... (Sep '09) Oct '09 turbo88 9
News Brad Childress, Brett Favre add fuel to Packers... (Sep '09) Oct '09 eric 159
News McGinn: Fullback Johnson does bang-up job again... (Aug '09) Aug '09 mike 1
News Packers shut out of All-Pro team (Jan '09) Jan '09 Araron 1
News Fullback passes on Packers (Mar '07) Mar '07 kidflash 5
More from around the web