Winless Jets, Giants appear to be goi...

Winless Jets, Giants appear to be going nowhere -

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 17, 2007, titled Winless Jets, Giants appear to be going nowhere -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The last time it was this bad around here was 1996, when Rich Kotite's Jets were in their death spiral and lame-duck Giants coach Dan Reeves was trying to win games with Dave Brown as his quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Stuart Pitt

Bronx, NY

#1 Sep 18, 2007
The Giants defense has quit on Coughlin. Strahan's a prima donna and his non-holdout holdout is going to end up being a stain on his otherwise brilliant career.
Daedalus

Manchester, NH

#2 Sep 18, 2007
If parity has arrived with free agency and the cap the staff is the only place that an owner can spend. Are the New York clubs doing so? Bob Kraft has put together an organization in New England that puts other clubs to shame. Is it a dynasty or a reflection of the tightfistedness that other clubs display? Granted some clubs need the money for their finances of such items like a stadium but other owners simply want to make money and don't make the expenditures of 'dynasties'. So where do we rank the owners of the Giants and Jets? Can they spend this sort of money? Or are they simply milking a cash cow?
Rob

New York, NY

#3 Sep 18, 2007
Daedalus wrote:
If parity has arrived with free agency and the cap the staff is the only place that an owner can spend. Are the New York clubs doing so? Bob Kraft has put together an organization in New England that puts other clubs to shame. Is it a dynasty or a reflection of the tightfistedness that other clubs display? Granted some clubs need the money for their finances of such items like a stadium but other owners simply want to make money and don't make the expenditures of 'dynasties'. So where do we rank the owners of the Giants and Jets? Can they spend this sort of money? Or are they simply milking a cash cow?
You're right, they should go the way of your owner up there in Massachusetts who has some friends that have experience in the CIA. When you can;t beat em, cheat!
mike

Mill Neck, NY

#4 Sep 18, 2007
o MY GoD!! y is there so many stupid ppl ouT THere??......THE GIANTS SUCK!!!>>>>we all KNOW THat!!!.....the jets do NOT. its only been two games for crying out F***in loud!!!....and let me remind u its was against the DAM pats and the ravens so shut ur mouth bout the jets doin bad b/c the schedule is gonna get a little easier!! THEY will....i repeat.....the jets.....not the crap giants r gonna make the playoffs. enough said giants suck jets dont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Will Demps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Demps - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Blanca 1
News Rolle expected to start vs. Texans (Nov '08) Jun '09 CSI 4
hi (Jul '08) Jul '08 raven 1
News Ohio.com - Jamal Lewis wins respect and proves ... (Nov '07) Dec '07 Mellovesjamal 53
News 0-2 Jets, Giants appear to be going nowhere - (Sep '07) Sep '07 Hank-Naples 14
News Winless Jets, Giants appear to be going nowhere... (Sep '07) Sep '07 Billy Copcutt 1
News Coughlin is feeling blue after string of Giant ... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Rahja1 1
More from around the web