Illini cornerback Vontae Davis leavin...

Illini cornerback Vontae Davis leaving for NFL draft

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Illini cornerback Vontae Davis leaving for NFL draft. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Illinois junior cornerback Vontae Davis made it official Monday -- he's passing up his senior season to enter the NFL draft, where he has a chance to be a first-round draft choice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tom

Germantown, WI

#2 Dec 22, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
Funny how things change. Used to be it was the basketball players who went early. Then Bruce Weber came along, and no one wants his recruits.
Last time I looked the Illini basketball team is 10-1. It looks like Coach Weber's team is on the rise.
IlliniForEver

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 22, 2008
I'm happy for Vontae. Even though we had a crappy season, I think it speaks volumes for the program that it is producing NFL level talent. That will only help recruiting. hopefully we will get to the point where we "reload" as opposed to "rebuild."
Frederico El Gordo

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 22, 2008
Good luck Vontae! Sad to see you go but happy you are able to follow in your brother's footsteps.
Charlie Frontbutt

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Dec 22, 2008
If I coached him, he'd be a 6th round pick next year.

After I wear my shorts halfway up my chest on Christmas Eve in Hawaii.
Byebye hick KU fan

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 22, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious? They have played no one of note. The one even modestly good team -- Clemson -- they played kicked their ****.
It's the coaching.
How is this remotely germane to Vontae Davis declaring for the NFL draft? Oh wait, it isn't....
Selfless

Bloomington, IL

#9 Dec 23, 2008
When U of I played Clemson, they were winning the whole game, but blew it at the end. I am not sure how that means they got their **** kicked? If Davis is one of the best corner prospects, its going to be a pretty weak CB draft. He didn't do much of anything this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vontae Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colts confident Luck will play vs Jags despite ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 5
News Super Bowl you have been asking for is coming (Jan '15) Jan '15 Super Brady Boners 2
News 2013 Colts Positional Review: Cornerbacks (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sharon 1
News Vontae Davis: Dolphins' top draft pick arrested (Jun '09) Oct '13 Jets Blow 10,352
News Could Randy Moss find work with Miami Dolphins? (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hank Mossberg 4
News Miami Dolphins Pick 6: Keys to beating the Jets (Oct '11) Oct '11 Lookfarts 9
News Miami Dolphinsa Kevin Burnett: a I havena t don... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Hankfarts 4
More from around the web