Oakland Raiders Would Be Foolish to Even Consider Bringing Vince Young on For 2013 Season

Mar 13, 2013 Full story: Rant Sports 8

If there's one thing to take away from Vince Young 's career, it would be he never should have been a starting quarterback in the NFL to begin with.

Full Story
DAVE 23

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2013
I have a friend that knows a friend that was telling some one that Rean Leaf. is available on da weekends..
rdider fan

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 13, 2013
I agree.... ther raiders have been haunted with qb that justdont have the passion to win. Young is not it..
BigDaddy

Merced, CA

#3 Mar 13, 2013
If Young is willing to come to the Raiders for the veterans minimum and be our third QB, then I say sign him. He's better than Lienart or Boller, our backups the last couple of years.
Mike M

Tempe, AZ

#4 Mar 14, 2013
I wouldn't mind Young on a 1 year/700 K sort of deal. But i essentially disagree with this article. Young was(and is) a great talent who just lost his way with the mental aspects of the game. He showed a heck of a lot of talent as a rookie and made a pro bowl that year if memory serves. He really regressed though each year, and proved that he wasn't able to really take all the pressure of being a starting NFL QB and the "face" of the franchise. It has happened before and will happen again.
raiderfaith

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Mar 14, 2013
We need a third string that is going and can learn to be a starter.
raiderfaith

Holly Springs, NC

#6 Mar 14, 2013
I say that because Palmer is short term, Pryor is a question mark at best. I know he has a following. But no matter how good he is, you have to be smart and prepare by getting someone for our future. Young is getting up their in years and not a smart move for third string. If we were a contender, that would change the thought process.
DAVE 23

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Like a said.. da simple fact da his name is being mention.. give me da jivibiviris.. clean slate.. no nonsence names.. at any cost..
Freddy

United States

#8 Mar 14, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
I say that because Palmer is short term, Pryor is a question mark at best. I know he has a following. But no matter how good he is, you have to be smart and prepare by getting someone for our future. Young is getting up their in years and not a smart move for third string. If we were a contender, that would change the thought process.
Palmer is not as short term as most people think. His skills have not diminished. Having said, I agree. Vince Young is not a good fit for the Raiders or the development of Pryor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vince Young in Dallas (Jun '13) Dec '13 Cruel Summer 4
Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Packers QB Rodgers could miss 3-6 weeks (Nov '13) Nov '13 Reggie 5-3 9
Vince Young wants to be the next quarterback of... (Oct '13) Nov '13 WideLeft and Right 5
The San Diego Chargers Should Bring in Quarterb... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gas Monkey 5
Green Bay Packers Trade Talk: Kenny Britt is th... (Oct '13) Oct '13 CSI Spielman 7
Green Bay Packers Make Final Roster Cuts (Sep '13) Sep '13 answerman75 2
More from around the web