Pros weigh in on what position Tebow ...

Pros weigh in on what position Tebow will play in the NFL

There are 40 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 1, 2009, titled Pros weigh in on what position Tebow will play in the NFL. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tim Tebow and the NFL ? Yes, the Gators ' Heisman Trophy winning QB has one more year left in Gainesville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Seminole

Orlando, FL

#22 Mar 2, 2009
He's a great player. Why doesn't he go early to NFL?:) It will be interesting to see him play. I'd like to see him as a linebacker for the Pats or a backup to Brady.
Realtime

Tampa, FL

#23 Mar 2, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
he was maybe the 3rd best qb in college last year.
There are other great quarterbacks as well, the BCS gave us a glimpse of several of them. The NFL is a different league, seats must be sold TV deals must be made, Tebow helps there. Barring injury Tebow can be a real asset to just about any team in the league in that regard.

Would you be disappointed if he found his way to the Bears? Didn't think so!

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#24 Mar 2, 2009
marko wrote:
the miami dolphins brought a trend into the nfl,and tebo running the ball in the wild cat would be so fun to watch...wow
you just need to get off of tebows d!ck because he wont do sh!t in the nfl and will be the biggest bust in the 2010 draft.
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#25 Mar 2, 2009
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are other great quarterbacks as well, the BCS gave us a glimpse of several of them. The NFL is a different league, seats must be sold TV deals must be made, Tebow helps there. Barring injury Tebow can be a real asset to just about any team in the league in that regard.
Selling seats and TV deals are as much a part of college football (see BCS) as NFL, if not worse. When the NFL sells the naming rights for the Super Bowl to FedEx, maybe then they'll be on college football's level.
Realtime

Tampa, FL

#26 Mar 2, 2009
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Selling seats and TV deals are as much a part of college football (see BCS) as NFL, if not worse. When the NFL sells the naming rights for the Super Bowl to FedEx, maybe then they'll be on college football's level.
Dually noticed, still half or more of NFL teams would be happy to fire the head coach in order to land Tebow. The guy is exciting to watch and has over time developed that rare ability to sense a victory. Big Ben proved his worth recently as have many others who at first seemed unlikely hero's (Ken Stabler? Doug Flutie?).

We'll learn together!

Rensselaer

#27 Mar 2, 2009
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are other great quarterbacks as well, the BCS gave us a glimpse of several of them. The NFL is a different league, seats must be sold TV deals must be made, Tebow helps there. Barring injury Tebow can be a real asset to just about any team in the league in that regard.
no, i wouldnt be upset if he was drafted by the bears. in fact, i would love it if they did because im not a bears fan. i have a few friends who have slurping and getting off to tebow ever since his sophomore year and they want the bears to draft him. i really hope they get their wish just to see him get his @$$ planted into the ground twice a year by jared allen.
GatorGal

Palm Coast, FL

#28 Mar 2, 2009
I don't care what team Tim plays for or where he is on the team, I will ALWAYS wear his jersey. He will do just fine where ever he goes, whether he plays immediately or in a year or two. He has great will power, athletism and team spirit.
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#29 Mar 2, 2009
GatorGal wrote:
I don't care what team Tim plays for or where he is on the team, I will ALWAYS wear his jersey. He will do just fine where ever he goes, whether he plays immediately or in a year or two. He has great will power, athletism and team spirit.
In terms of wearing his jersey, I honestly could not possibly care less about how he does in the pros.
Even if he is a bust, which is entirely possible, I'll still wear the #15 UF jersey, and the reason is because Tim is a great PERSON.
Realtime

Tampa, FL

#30 Mar 2, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i wouldnt be upset if he was drafted by the bears. in fact, i would love it if they did because im not a bears fan. i have a few friends who have slurping and getting off to tebow ever since his sophomore year and they want the bears to draft him. i really hope they get their wish just to see him get his **** planted into the ground twice a year by jared allen.
Oh, he'll get planted a lot, how many times did Sapp get up off of Favre laughing__the secret to success is that Favre also got up laughing. Can Tebow do that? Time will tell but I'm betting than he can.
Red Schorsch

Dayton, VA

#31 Mar 2, 2009
Tebow would look like a chump if Jake Locker had gone to USC like Carroll wanted him too. Locker has so much more natural talent. Tebow has a surrounding cast to make him look good, he wont try butting heads with a Steeler or any other dirty linebacker. Locker needs a good QB coach and an O-line/receivers to make him look as good as he really is.
Beltway Gator

Oceanside, NY

#32 Mar 2, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
he was maybe the 3rd best qb in college last year.
Maybe so, but he's the one with the championship rings (yes rings) on his finger. How many other college QBs can make that statement? Especially those you feel are number one or two? None from Indiana, I am sure of that.
Beltway Gator

Oceanside, NY

#33 Mar 2, 2009
Red Schorsch wrote:
Locker needs a good QB coach and an O-line/receivers to make him look as good as he really is.
Hell, with a good coach, O line and receivers, I could make Paris Hilton look good at QB.
Gator Mom

United States

#34 Mar 2, 2009
Tim Tebow can do whatever he sets his mind to do...just like that black stuff says "under his eyes" during the game...Phil 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!)
Mel Kiper

Pompano Beach, FL

#35 Mar 2, 2009
Tebow will not make it in the NFL. Strictly a college QB.

Rensselaer

#36 Mar 2, 2009
Beltway Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but he's the one with the championship rings (yes rings) on his finger. How many other college QBs can make that statement? Especially those you feel are number one or two? None from Indiana, I am sure of that.
and how many of them also had the defense that tebow did?

Rensselaer

#37 Mar 2, 2009
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he'll get planted a lot, how many times did Sapp get up off of Favre laughing__the secret to success is that Favre also got up laughing. Can Tebow do that? Time will tell but I'm betting than he can.
i just want to see him get planted one time just to see how he reacts to it. i dont think he will be very happy and not so sure if he will get up. buy anyway, when it does happen, i will be cheering my @$$ off.
GatorPride

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#38 Mar 2, 2009
I love Tim Tebow so much, he's so adorable.

Rensselaer

#39 Mar 2, 2009
GatorPride wrote:
I love Tim Tebow so much, he's so adorable.
hes nothing but a school boy little b!tch who needs to get his face stomped into the ground.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#40 Mar 3, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
i think tebow will the biggest bust of the 2010 nfl draft.
Is that because he plays in the SEC an they embarrassed the overrated big 10 every year in the big games ?

Rensselaer

#41 Mar 3, 2009
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that because he plays in the SEC an they embarrassed the overrated big 10 every year in the big games ?
no, i admit the big ten sucked this year. the only good team was penn state and they just played that good of an opponent in usc. not to mention penn states secondary was absolutely horrible. they had a good game plan, but just couldnt execute it because of lack of size and physicallity against the usc recievers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kawakami: Time is right for 49ers' York and Baa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News San Francisco 49ers: Where did it all go wrong? (Dec '14) Jan '15 Levi Stadium sucks 8
News New York Giants' Larry Donnell Benches Himself ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News Baalke, Harbaugh won't tolerate domestic violence (Sep '14) Sep '14 John Harbaugh 2
News Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
News TE Gonzalez named to 14th Pro Bowl (Jan '14) Jan '14 WhoCaresAboutTheP... 1
More from around the web