Mike Singletary is right man at right...

Mike Singletary is right man at right time

There are 28 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 1, 2008, titled Mike Singletary is right man at right time. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

I have no idea whether Mike Singletary 's approach will work in today's NFL . I have no idea whether players will listen to him, tune him out or tape him to a goal post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Captain Lou Albano

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Nov 1, 2008
Check out this Singletary poll:
www.sportsfanlive.com/web/poll...
fritz

New York, NY

#22 Nov 2, 2008
made me sad to see because it reminded me of a time when the bears were a team of passionate, fiery tough minded players. Instead of the meek, mealy mouthed sheep led by the mumbling bumbling lovie smith. Mike knows what kind of team effort is needed to win and is trying to evoke it out of a team of losers. Lovie doesn't evoke anything but boredom and his players walk all over him. Lovies aproach won't get the best out of his players. Mike may not either but it is a damn sight more satisfying to watch.
loopy media

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#23 Nov 2, 2008
looks like mikes putting some energy back into the game im keep my eye on em,go bears
William Root

Northbrook, IL

#24 Nov 2, 2008
Mike is a reflection of what this city is about, and what the sport of football should be. Work ethic, and class. Many modern day players lack one or the other, or both! Mike seems to love the game that gave him an opportunity when fans could still afford to take their kids to games. As far as his outbursts go, has anyone ever said something they later thought could've been said better to the children they love? It's called passion! In a time where "Drugs and Thugs" seem to be the norm in the NFL, and very good players think it's all about them it's nice to see anyone try to bring the game back to what it's supposed to be "A Class Act"!
IronMike

Hinesville, GA

#25 Nov 2, 2008
I want Mike Singletary to be head coach of the Chicago Bears.
unbearleavable

Hillsboro, MO

#26 Nov 2, 2008
During his playing time he led by example just as he is doing now trying to install some accountability into a team that has quit on itself and its fans. I will always go back to a freshman religion class that the Father had all the athletes including football players stand up as he called out the sports. After we were standing he professed these are your leaders and I expect more out of them than just showing up to class.
furlacher

Fairbanks, AK

#27 Nov 2, 2008
Not only is Singletary making a fool of himself, so is anyone who thinks these techniques are a good idea. Most of the players these days have been through 4 years of college, are millionaires, and contrary to Pacman, most guys are just as adult as other guys their age, if not more.

Singletary being "fired-up" is really just an overmatched man embarrassed at his performance and shedding the blame. Very 1970's. He'd better be careful because if anyone on the team is friends with Vernon Davis he just lost a little of their trust.

This guy is a joke. He's not a leader, he's a bully. People don't respect bullies, they make nice to the bully's face and break them down behind the bully's back. I don't care if this is football and their men and supposed to be "tough". Respect is respect and the only people Singletary is going to get respect from is 50 year old men who got screamed at their entire lives by bad coaches, bad bosses and bad fathers.
loopy media

United States

#28 Nov 2, 2008
sounds like you see a shrink,i love it when million dollar divas gets a ear full for stupid play

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kawakami: Time is right for 49ers' York and Baa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News San Francisco 49ers: Where did it all go wrong? (Dec '14) Jan '15 Levi Stadium sucks 8
News New York Giants' Larry Donnell Benches Himself ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News Baalke, Harbaugh won't tolerate domestic violence (Sep '14) Sep '14 John Harbaugh 2
News Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
News TE Gonzalez named to 14th Pro Bowl (Jan '14) Jan '14 WhoCaresAboutTheP... 1
More from around the web