Tampa Bay's 10

Tampa Bay's 10

There are 5 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Oct 23, 2007, titled Tampa Bay's 10. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

The University of South Florida football team had plenty of time to mull over its first loss of the season, and also plenty of time to consider some of the calls in the game against Rutgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

A viewer

Tampa, FL

#1 Oct 24, 2007
USF's problem wasn't the officials. USF's problem was two-fold: Defensive backs who cannot tackle and the offense's failure to make adjustments for Rutger's blitzing defense.
RUPlayer 85

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 24, 2007
A viewer wrote:
USF's problem wasn't the officials. USF's problem was two-fold: Defensive backs who cannot tackle and the offense's failure to make adjustments for Rutger's blitzing defense.
Well said! Great game to watch.
Who would have thought

Lutz, FL

#3 Oct 24, 2007
When have you ever seen a coach say, "You know what? That officiating was amazing tonight. Those penalties against us...dead on. Those calls that were made...all correct"?
Like the people above said. You can only blame the officials so much, then you have to take a look at what you didn't do.
O Saban Bin Lyin

Spanish Fort, AL

#4 Oct 24, 2007
You guys are right on but USF got jobbed on the ball pushed forward,I think on the punt coverage. Rutgers coach could have and should have been flagged numerous times crying and selling plays, ON THE FIELD, during the game. He even said he may have embarrassed himself. Leavitt is who he is. But he wasn't stopping the game. The last play to Armani Jackson was a joke, too. No push off, contact yea, but the defender still to this day , never saw the ball.
RUPlayer 85

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 24, 2007
O Saban Bin Lyin wrote:
You guys are right on but USF got jobbed on the ball pushed forward,I think on the punt coverage. Rutgers coach could have and should have been flagged numerous times crying and selling plays, ON THE FIELD, during the game. He even said he may have embarrassed himself. Leavitt is who he is. But he wasn't stopping the game. The last play to Armani Jackson was a joke, too. No push off, contact yea, but the defender still to this day , never saw the ball.
What are you talking about? He may not have pushed the ball forward on purpose, but it is still considered a forward lateral. 2nd point, in todays game, your coach better damn well argue a call. As for the offensive pass interference, I agree that it was a light push off and the RU player did not have his eyes on the Ball. The USF player had him beat, no need at all to push off. He had it. Bad mental judgement in an intense game. I am truly enjoying the Big East and all of college football with the power being spread thru recruiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone McKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings set 53-man roster (Aug '13) Sep '13 viking nation 20
News NFL Draft: South Florida standout Tyrone McKenz... (Apr '09) May '09 Bill 5
News Patriots make more trades in NFL draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 kcusstej 6
News Patriots make plenty of draft-day deals (Apr '09) Apr '09 kcusstej 2
News Ku at Usf (Sep '08) Sep '08 gregory 1
News USF eager to build on success (Aug '08) Aug '08 Ruger 10
News USF's Moffitt urges team to wake up and play (Nov '07) Nov '07 Reality Check 8
More from around the web