USF eager to build on success

South Florida's Jim Leavitt can't recall having a busier offseason since he was a first-time head coach without a team to actually put on the field. Full Story
Sam

AOL

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Thank you Sun-Sentinel for running an article on USF. Wheres the love for the Florida school that was ranked higher than any one else last season, and has more starters returning than any Fla school!?!? I'm not saying you should cover us as much as UM, FAU, or FIU. I noticed the spring capsules included every Florida school except USF and Florida A&M. Show some respect!
steak comma tube

Lakeland, FL

#2 Aug 13, 2008
GO BULLS !!!
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Aug 13, 2008
Sam wrote:
Thank you Sun-Sentinel for running an article on USF. Wheres the love for the Florida school that was ranked higher than any one else last season, and has more starters returning than any Fla school!?!? I'm not saying you should cover us as much as UM, FAU, or FIU. I noticed the spring capsules included every Florida school except USF and Florida A&M. Show some respect!
Congratulations on your high ranking last year but you finished where you belonged and you didn't finish the highest ranked team in the state! It's where you are at the end of the season that counts! Obviously your Bulls were overranked!
Matt

United States

#4 Aug 13, 2008
Perhaps, but you would have had to have been RANKED HIGHLY in 2008 (listening, FSU and UM?) or RANKED AT ALL (That means you, FAU, UCF, FIU) before you can be OVERRANKED.

Thanks for playing.
ctd

Miami, FL

#5 Aug 13, 2008
Who cares! Florida schools are has-beens in both education and sports. Keep debating which florida school is the crappiest.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Aug 13, 2008
ctd wrote:
Who cares! Florida schools are has-beens in both education and sports. Keep debating which florida school is the crappiest.
Has beens? Hardly! Name another state that can supply as many major football programs with as much talent and be as competitive as the teams in this state! Hate to say it but UM and FSU will be back sooner or later and UF still ranks high academically with UM right there. Get a clue!
Andre USF student

Tampa, FL

#7 Aug 13, 2008
go bullls -- 2008 big east title on its way to tampaaa baaaaay!
ctd

Miami, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2008
fish wrote:
<quoted text>Has beens? Hardly! Name another state that can supply as many major football programs with as much talent and be as competitive as the teams in this state! Hate to say it but UM and FSU will be back sooner or later and UF still ranks high academically with UM right there. Get a clue!
You are comparing schools within the state....I am talking nationally and there is NO comparison.....as far as education is concerned. UF and to an extent, FSU is more concentrated on partying than academics. UM, albeit private, operates like a state school and puts heavy emphasis on sports. Misguided priorities.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Aug 13, 2008
ctd wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing schools within the state....I am talking nationally and there is NO comparison.....as far as education is concerned. UF and to an extent, FSU is more concentrated on partying than academics. UM, albeit private, operates like a state school and puts heavy emphasis on sports. Misguided priorities.
UF is ranked top 50 in the nation academically. And #1 partying. Big deal! They can combine partying with academics and still get it done! And we all know where they are athletically! Where in my post did you ever get the idea that I was comparing schools in the state?
Ruger

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2008
USF is the only team from the state of Florida that beat Auburn last year.
Funny huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone McKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings set 53-man roster (Aug '13) Sep '13 viking nation 20
NFL Draft: South Florida standout Tyrone McKenz... (Apr '09) May '09 Bill 5
Patriots make more trades in NFL draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 kcusstej 6
Patriots make plenty of draft-day deals (Apr '09) Apr '09 kcusstej 2
Ku at Usf (Sep '08) Sep '08 gregory 1
USF's Moffitt urges team to wake up and play (Nov '07) Nov '07 Reality Check 8
Tampa Bay's 10 (Oct '07) Oct '07 RUPlayer 85 5

Tyrone McKenzie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE