Rodgers leaves game with concussion, won't return

Dec 12, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Charlotte Observer

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is sacked by Detroit Lions defensive end Turk McBride during the first quarter of an NFL football game at Ford Field in Detroit, Sunday, Dec.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

I hope he learned his lesson, if not, then it will be a short career for Rodgers. What a disappointing game, losing to the Lions is not acceptable, and GB will be hard pressed to even make a wild card bid. Bears and Giants need to lose for GB to have any chance.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

I admire toughness in a QB as much as anybody. However, there is a fine line between toughness and stupidity sometimes. I hope AR learned a lesson too. He is needed too much not to slide and avoid those hits.
eric

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Thats 2 concussions now,so its getting very serious now.
DEWY

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Is it not easier to get these once you get the first and second ? Could shorten his time quickly. And with this O-Line who knows. With NY and the bears left he could end with two more.
normallylikeyell ow

Bellefonte, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

I thought Matt played well except for the one unfortunate throw. I cannot figure out why we didn't challenge the ball Jennings insisted he caught in he end zone and what was with the sudden change in play calling on the last drive? We had it going. Detroit played well, but we didn't look like a playoff ream with either QB in there. Outcoached imo. No reason to not be ready to play today.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

normallylikeyellow wrote:
I thought Matt played well except for the one unfortunate throw. I cannot figure out why we didn't challenge the ball Jennings insisted he caught in he end zone and what was with the sudden change in play calling on the last drive? We had it going. Detroit played well, but we didn't look like a playoff ream with either QB in there. Outcoached imo. No reason to not be ready to play today.
I don't understand the non challenge either, I don't know if their was enough evidence to overturn the call, but you gotta try when your offense has struggled all day to get into the end zone. This is same non challenge crap I seen in the Atlanta game when Gonzalez clearly didn't catch that fourth down conversion. Frustrating to say the least.
mike l

West Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

mc is the worst coach in the nfl bad play caller stubren ard stupid needs 2 b fired nowi am desgusedall 5 loses r his fault
eric

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Most dont agree,BUT, i liked that last play 4th and 1,you got Jennings one on one,throw it up there for a TD or draw the PI which could have been called but unf.for us it wasnt,BUT thats why you throw it,draw the PI call or a TD,it just didnt work in our favor.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

eric wrote:
Most dont agree,BUT, i liked that last play 4th and 1,you got Jennings one on one,throw it up there for a TD or draw the PI which could have been called but unf.for us it wasnt,BUT thats why you throw it,draw the PI call or a TD,it just didnt work in our favor.
I agree about the play, I just wish it had been Rodgers throwing that pass instead. This loss hurt the Packers playoff hopes big time. I hope Rodgers doesn't miss any more playing time, but if it does happen, I suppose it's better to miss the Patriot game than the last two games. Those two games are "must win" games.
eric

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Yep,have to beat NY and Chi for any chance with tie breakers.A win over NE would be nice obviously,BUT,If Minn beats Chi that offsets the GB lose to Det.( as far as the tie breaker,div record,NFC record,Common opp. ect) so you are right about that!
Clifton Concussion.
Colledge left with a knee
Jenkins hammy
Damn this team is just snake bit!
Im worried about AR now! 2 concussions in the same season,thats scary.
I thought i read somewhere down the line that once you get a concussion,its easier for the next one ect.
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

I didn't mind taking a shot on the 4th down. It was a pretty good throw. I was disappointed Jennings didn't compete for the ball, rather than trying to draw a penalty. It was the 2nd and 1 delay run call I didn't get. That was coming out of a timeout after five straight completions. In fact, why call timeout at all? You've finally got their pass rush winded and you call timeout on 2nd and 1 with 1:34 to go? Plenty of time and all three timeouts remaining. If you were going to run, then maybe you run and then burn the timeout. The announcers seemed perplexed by the decision also. The 3rd and 1 play was not what I'd consider a high percentage play either (to gain a yard). That's why the 4th down play looks bad.
eric

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

very true.Mc screwed up on that one.I didnt agree with the 2nd and 1,BUT, since he did,why not go for a short high % 5 yrd throw on 3rd and 1 and at least get a new set of downs at the least and the ball is at the 25,plenty of room for WR to sprint and with 2 TO at that point and a minute to go,the play book is almost completely open.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Turk McBride Discussions

Search the Turk McBride Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
New Orleans Saints Player News Update: Saints S... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Heartfarts 3
Detroit Lions Links: Jim Schwartz and company g... (Aug '11) Aug '11 phatso 1
Camp observations: Detroit Lions' Willie Young ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 phatso 1
Five things to watch that could shape whom the ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Hugh Jazzcock 1
Michael Vick causes Lions coaches to lose sleep (Sep '10) Sep '10 Kornback Rattler 13
Chiefs Recognize Black History Month (Apr '09) Apr '09 Karen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••