'Unacceptable,' even in victory

'Unacceptable,' even in victory

There are 18 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 25, 2007, titled 'Unacceptable,' even in victory. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For the Bears, it was a win, and that's all that ultimately matters. But it didn't feel especially good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

true bear fan

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 26, 2007
as long as they continue to let archuleta play, they will give up big plays, whether it be by air or ground. He can't tackle, can't cover,and can't run. I could catch a pass off of him and I'm 60. Put the Manning boys in the safety slots and keep McBride and Peanut on the corners.
Better yet; put old 54 at the free safety spot. He played there in college plus it might help his aching back

Since: Nov 07

NW Chicago Suburban Area

#2 Nov 26, 2007
It's called denial by the all others.
Go SOX-Hawks-Bears

AOL

#3 Nov 26, 2007
I have to say i was happy when i heard the Bears picked up Archuleta but the guy is terribe!! I will be happier when they dump him.
Roy

Lincoln, IL

#4 Nov 26, 2007
They could put their receivers in the defensive backfield. They can't catch balls, but perhaps they can tackle someone. Then they won't have to see those spirals bouncing off their facemasks anymore.
Rosetta Stone

Cicero, IL

#5 Nov 26, 2007
The offensive line is just as guilty, providing virtually no protection for Grossman and sometimes not even blocking
the opposing players who have a clear shot at the QB. Note the difference with Indianapolis and New England where the quarterbacks have all the time in the world. It's no wonder they're successful. Add to that the feeble offensive play calling with no sweeps, no deception, no options and predictable plays and one has to question why the unimaginative, non-effective offense side of the game. Is it Lovie or Turner at fault?
Fire RonTurner

United States

#6 Nov 26, 2007
Who called the quarterback draw that Grossman fumbled in the Red Zone? If for no other reason, Turner should be fired for that one call. Rex running gives us the best chance to score??? Give me a break... Get Rid O' Ron!
Alex

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 26, 2007
Lovie. We all know you love Archuleta from his St. Louis days, but those were long ago. HE CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE. PLAY PAYNE, the rookie you drafted. PLAY McGowan. PLAY an extra line backer as strong safety. BUT SIT ARCHULETA!!!
Steve

United States

#8 Nov 26, 2007
So many comments here I agree with. I bet Archuleta is a nice guy, and for that reason, I will gladly give him a ride to the airport if the Bears will ship him out immediately. The guy has lost it...he's a "once was". Ron Turner has to go. He is much better calling plays for high school offenses. And did you notice how, when Fred Miller was pulled out, the Bears offensive line did much better, and so did Grossman. I'm not a big Wrecks Grossman fan, but I do think with protection and decent play calling, he can lead this team. I don't believe it is all his fault.
Alan

Ogden, UT

#9 Nov 26, 2007
"Substandard game by Bears' defense-again"? How about "Pathetic-again"? Where's Rivera when you need him most?
wwbb

Palatine, IL

#10 Nov 26, 2007
i think there are some major personel changes needed with the bears on offense and defense. how many on the current roster (including coaches/coordinators) do you think:

1) should go away after this season

2) will go away after this season

There should be a line in Vegas on this number
jack

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 26, 2007
looks like the defense really misses rivera more than anyone.

anyone else sick seeing this defensive call, "both linebackers (briggs and urlacher) are head on center, ball is snapped and both backers bail out into pass coverage." count how many times you see this call next sunday. i think the defense is more vanilla than the offense, if that is possible.
Mark

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 26, 2007
Kevin Payne is on IR, to whoever suggested we should play him. But it's hard to believe that McGowan would be any worse than Archuleta.
Joe in DC

Purcellville, VA

#13 Nov 26, 2007
As a long time Bear fan now living in DC area I can assure you that Archuleta is not missed by the 'Skins. Why not replace him with Urlacher? It could add years to Urlacher's career. He's a good linebacker but he's not Butkus or Singletary, so why not try it? Also, both coordinators must go, along with the Tampa cover-2 defense and whatever the current non-offense is called.

Since: Oct 07

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 26, 2007
Archuleta is awful and should be sent on the first bus out the NFL. He was brought in as a run-stopper, but he can't tackle. He's a liability against the pass in that he can't cover anyone -- in essence, Archulta can't tackle, can't defend the pass and is a starting safety for what is the most overrated defense in the NFL. The Broncos weren't scared at all going up against this unit on a 4th and 5 in the second quarter. They confindently lined up and got the 1st down with little problem. For all the bragging and boasting in the off-and pre-season, this defense is full of a bunch of blow holes and second-rate defensive backs. And yes, I am aware that injuries have hurt them, but that's part of the game and your main cogs are still there. You can blame Lovie, or Babich or baby Urlacher ... bottom line is they aren't feared anymore, nor are they dominant and reliable.
terry

Round Lake, IL

#15 Nov 26, 2007
Archuleta is horrible!

hm... wonder if Urlacher can play safety...

and Idonije can play linebacker.

hahahaha - anything is better than Archuleta. Him and Benson are in the dog house.
DEA Agent

United States

#16 Nov 26, 2007
hope they all lose and cry cry cry ha ha ha
Go Bears

United States

#17 Nov 26, 2007
terry wrote:
Archuleta is horrible!
hm... wonder if Urlacher can play safety...
and Idonije can play linebacker.
hahahaha - anything is better than Archuleta. Him and Benson are in the dog house.
Yea, he's pretty bad. I was kinda stoaked we got rid of Harris for him. Now I know I was wrong. The reason teams can run on us, is because our safties. If and when, M. Brown is healthy we are top in both rush and pass defense. I was thinking that Archuleta isn't that good at coverage but, at least he can help on the run. I was totally wrong on that one.
TEMECULA BEAR

Newport Beach, CA

#18 Nov 26, 2007
How about giving Nick Roach a look see? He was well thought of in San Diego, it is just that the Chargers are pretty well set in defensive players. He is an outside linebacker but has good speed, is not afraid to tackle and can can surely give Archuleta a run for his money. Only draw back is that he is a rookie without experience in the pros or the safety position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumaine McBride Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former TSU star Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie sig... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jerry Jones 1
News New York Giants: What You Need to Know Heading ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 steve 1
News Chicago Bears To Sign Rod Hood (Sep '09) Sep '09 Beers 2
News The 10 Most Important Bears in 2009 - #10 (Aug '09) Aug '09 hank 1
News Danieal Manning cramps up but says he will be fine (Jul '09) Aug '09 Senator Larry Craig 6
News Bears defensive end Henry Melton hopes to retur... (Aug '09) Aug '09 BooThisMan 2
News Chicago Bears Kevin Payne ready to go (May '09) May '09 greg from chicago 28