No More Long Hair For NFL Players?

No More Long Hair For NFL Players?

There are 30 comments on the Most Valuable Network story from Mar 24, 2008, titled No More Long Hair For NFL Players?. In it, Most Valuable Network reports that:

Via Fanhouse , Adam Schefter is reporting that the Kansas City Chiefs have proposed a rule that would ban players from having hair that's long enough to cover the name on their uniform. via Most Valuable Network

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Most Valuable Network.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#21 Jul 11, 2008
Heh...I remember that game too. I stood up and nearly threw my beer at the tube. I was a little pissed. That was what I would call a cheap shot, but then again, can't blame a guy for getting a tackle...by any means.

That being said...if a guy wants to put himself out there like that, with the added risk...let him. Style before skill? Let him. Just don't come crying to me if you get hurt.

Should it be a rule? Absolutely not. This is still the land of the free right? Well, closest thing out there too it, sadly. I would expect my boss to make me cut my hair before I showed up to work on Monday...I don't expect these guys to either.

LZ
Jeebs

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Jul 11, 2008
LZ-Steel wrote:
Heh...I remember that game too. I stood up and nearly threw my beer at the tube. I was a little pissed. That was what I would call a cheap shot, but then again, can't blame a guy for getting a tackle...by any means.
That being said...if a guy wants to put himself out there like that, with the added risk...let him. Style before skill? Let him. Just don't come crying to me if you get hurt.
Should it be a rule? Absolutely not. This is still the land of the free right? Well, closest thing out there too it, sadly. I would expect my boss to make me cut my hair before I showed up to work on Monday...I don't expect these guys to either.
LZ
thats true. but if they want to have long hair then go ahead because if you do get hurt then it is nobodys fault but your own and its your job you are risking.

another rule i am not in favor of is the horse collar tackle. i seen it happen plenty of times but the only reason this ever became a rule was because one of its star players got hurt and that was t.o. which i am glad because there is nobody i hate more in the nfl than this guy.
mike

Blandon, PA

#23 Jul 11, 2008
dont the yankees make their players have short hair and no facial hair?

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#24 Jul 11, 2008
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
thats true. but if they want to have long hair then go ahead because if you do get hurt then it is nobodys fault but your own and its your job you are risking.
another rule i am not in favor of is the horse collar tackle. i seen it happen plenty of times but the only reason this ever became a rule was because one of its star players got hurt and that was t.o. which i am glad because there is nobody i hate more in the nfl than this guy.
T.O. That guy does represent being a candy ass in this league. I dunno...I'd like to see him succeed, but he's SUCH a one-dimensional player. Take Hines Ward. Take Marvin Harrison. Take Greg Jennings. They all did their receiver jobs, yet still had enough in the tank to block and protect their QB.

Guys like T.O., Chatty Johnson, Randy Moss...all they know how to do is get speedy, and catch the pass...oh, and whine. You need more than that to get into the hall of fame. You need to improve your team...and actually WIN a superbow. Which, by the way, none of those guys have done...and Hines Ward has. Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, Lynn Swann,**Steve Smith (talk about a guy who does whatever it takes to win), Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Sterling Sharp, John Stalworth, Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver, Mushin Muhammad...all Hall of Famers in my book.

LZ
Jeebs

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 Jul 11, 2008
LZ-Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
T.O. That guy does represent being a candy ass in this league. I dunno...I'd like to see him succeed, but he's SUCH a one-dimensional player. Take Hines Ward. Take Marvin Harrison. Take Greg Jennings. They all did their receiver jobs, yet still had enough in the tank to block and protect their QB.
Guys like T.O., Chatty Johnson, Randy Moss...all they know how to do is get speedy, and catch the pass...oh, and whine. You need more than that to get into the hall of fame. You need to improve your team...and actually WIN a superbow. Which, by the way, none of those guys have done...and Hines Ward has. Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, Lynn Swann,**Steve Smith (talk about a guy who does whatever it takes to win), Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Sterling Sharp, John Stalworth, Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver, Mushin Muhammad...all Hall of Famers in my book.
LZ
i cant stand t.o. i do like randy moss though. but then again i am a viking fan and believe hes the best WR in the game right now.
Mike

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#26 Sep 22, 2008
Make it a rule that hair must not cover any part of the jersey. If I was playing today I would have a bag in my locker and my goal would be to fill it by the end of the season with any players hair that was hanging out of the back of their helmet. It wouldn't take long with the number of players with hair down to their ass.
linda tilley

United States

#28 Nov 14, 2010
Geee! Maybe those pretty long haired boyz outta put pretty pink bow in their hair........yuck!!!! Cut your hair, you hippies! Look more like men!!!
PSFCOM

Pasadena, MD

#29 Nov 14, 2010
Mike wrote:
Make it a rule that hair must not cover any part of the jersey. If I was playing today I would have a bag in my locker and my goal would be to fill it by the end of the season with any players hair that was hanging out of the back of their helmet. It wouldn't take long with the number of players with hair down to their ass.
If you were playing today? Really? You'd crap your pants if you walked on the grass.
Dtmig

Palmdale, CA

#30 Oct 2, 2016
I just want their names to be visible.
Bartender

Miami, FL

#31 Oct 3, 2016
I just want Brady's pant bulge to be visible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Polamalu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor retires... (Apr '15) Apr '15 34 Of them 1
News Gerod Holliman May Be Fool's Gold for NFL Teams... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Teblowers 1
News Shear da Beard, annual tradition for one Steeler (Feb '15) Feb '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Tomlin wants continued growth from Steelers (Jan '15) Jan '15 Turds 4
News Pittsburgh Steelers Team MVP: NPC Co-Editors Ta... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Braiden 1
News NFL's Polamalu to trim locks for a good cause (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tomlin Knows 1
News Terrelle Pryor sets Raiders, NFL mark with 93-y... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Flynnished 6
More from around the web