Turnovers causing turnover with QBs

Turnovers causing turnover with QBs

There are 179 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Turnovers causing turnover with QBs. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Cam Cameron is searching for a spark to jump-start the Dolphins' offense, and it might lead to a different starting quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
SDL

Goose Creek, SC

#1 Dec 10, 2007
Start Beck the rest of the season to see how he comes along so we know if we need to look for another "QB OF THE FUTURE" in the 08' draft. I don't know what Lemon will be doing next year but it won't be starting for the Dolphins. In my opinion it's a toss-up as to who gives us a better chance to win one this year so Beck gets the nod since it will help answer questions about the QB position for next year.

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

#2 Dec 11, 2007
It doesnt matter to me. Beck will gain more experience, and may get to work some things out if hr gets the start, as well as not giving him too much time to get down on himself.
One thing I notoced is the same guys on the o-line seemed to immediatly start blocking better when Cleo was put in the game. If I am the Coach, I would start penalizing o-linemen who block diferantly for diferant QB's. I dont care if they like Cleo better than Beck, Do thier job. There is NO reason for a pro to not protect one qb as good as another. The ones who dont, would eb GONE if it were me! Again, it looks as if the dire needs are on O_LINE as well.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Lemon will be a free agent next year, so I am guessing he won't be back. With Beck's performance so far, I am not sure he is the solution at QB for Miami. My guess is you will see Miami draft at least 2 qb's next year. One in the 2nd to 4th and one in the 6th - 7th. And it could also be the bills stopped blizing when lemon was qb.

Rutledge, GA

#4 Dec 11, 2007
If Beck can gain some confidence, and show it to his teammates I have no doubt he will be the solution we need. But it also takes his teammates to help instill that confidence in him, and blocking differantly for him than Cleo isnt going to do that. It would also get o-linemen fored if I was coach. So they better be GLAD Cam is coach, and NOT ME!

Rutledge, GA

#5 Dec 11, 2007
Fired, not FORED lol. Although as far as I wish I could THROW THEM OUT, I should be able to yell FORE!
Rabbittown

Stanley, NC

#6 Dec 11, 2007
The Dolphins need to aquire another 1st rd pick, we need a stud d-lineman and a quarterback, tight-end, a receiver that can catch, and db's that can cover and catch and for goodness sake,TACKLE, TACKLE,TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!
Rabbittown

Stanley, NC

#7 Dec 11, 2007
I'm really starting to realize that W.H. is hurting the franchise by his lack of knowlege of the game. ex: Jerry Jones, he knows what his team needs, from coach to players. why didn't we pick up Tank Johnson, if only for this season?
Rabbittown

Stanley, NC

#8 Dec 11, 2007
I'm very curious as to how players feel in the film room with the team and they see themselves miss blocks that cause sacks and fumbles, dropped passes, some on 3rd down. Or how about the pitiful arm tackling, or should I say waving as runners go by.How can you not fall on an offsides kick that you have all alone. Last but definately not least, the dumba** penalties!! and what can the coaches say, are they doing thier job? I'll bet no one says s***!!!!

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale

#9 Dec 11, 2007
Rabbittown wrote:
The Dolphins need to aquire another 1st rd pick, we need a stud d-lineman and a quarterback, tight-end, a receiver that can catch, and db's that can cover and catch and for goodness sake,TACKLE, TACKLE,TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!
By your list it sounds like we need alot more then just one first round pick.
Ocala Phan

Ocala, FL

#11 Dec 11, 2007
The word in my first sentence that was sensored? Rhymes with low.... gungho

Jeez! <shakes head> Unbelievable!
Stephen

AOL

#13 Dec 11, 2007
There is no excuse for a non-expansion team going 0-16, although we're not there yet, it's on the horizon. Hell, we've already lost the equivalent of a season's worth of games dating back to last year! Injuries and bad luck be damned. Even Cleveland and Houston won games in their first years. Here we are trying to decide which of these pathetic QB's is going to start. Who wants to be the Clown of the Week this time? We all hoped for so much more out of this coach and these players. It hasn't happened. And in the non-football world, when people don't perform on their jobs, well, bye-bye. Normally, I'd say 1 year is no where near enough time for a HC. But, in this completely abnormal situation, this HC must go bye-bye. There is nothing here that shows any potential whatsoever.
guy

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2007
The Miami Dolphins will end up signing Derek Anderson from the Browns. From there, they will get McFadden in the draft.
Dolfankevin

AOL

#15 Dec 11, 2007
Seem like the only thing Cameron got right was Beck is not ready to play in the NFL.
The reality is because Cam's such a lousy Head Coach is the reason Beck is not ready to play. Sort of self fulfilling prophesy. The team was not good under Liar Saban but is HORRIBLE under Cam's command.
My prediction; Dom Capers will be the Head coach next year and the Dolphins will still stink. I love the 'fins but this is the worst organized, poorest executing team I've seen since my high school team.
Woody

West Palm Beach, FL

#16 Dec 11, 2007
The Dolphins are so screwed up it does more harm than good to start Beck. Look at any rookie QB thrown to the wolves too soon...its always with crappy teams, ie Smith @ 49'ers and Linert @ Cardinals. Depending how bad the team is, you may see glimpses of talent, but this is hardly possible in the Dolphins case. QB skills need to be developed for at least one year under controlled circumstances, ie Rogers @ Green Bay...he will be good even though he came out as a junior after only 1 year at Cal, and 2 years in junior college (glorified high school). Hell, I don't know what the answer is, but if you think you are going to see Beck's talents emerge in this situation, have another cold Hamm's on me, and go check out hot women at the beach instead of watch the damn game. You have a better chance of getting lucky with a hottie than seeing Beck show whatever talents he truly has.
Chicken Little

Ferndale, FL

#17 Dec 11, 2007
START BECK. What do they expect will happen to him when he only gets a second or less to throw the ball. Why didn't they think to roll him out? The Dolphin brain trust might need an IQ injection. We will go 0-16 no doubt. Will Wayne raise my ticket prices? My lease expires at the end of the season, will Wayne have the smart business practice to raise my ticket prices? I vote for D-Line with number 1. WR and DB in 2nd. Then get another MLB and TE please,
Gorge

Covington, LA

#18 Dec 11, 2007
we should be more concerned about building the lines rather than thinking about wasting another pick on a quarterback
Dolfankevin

AOL

#19 Dec 11, 2007
BravPhin wrote:
It doesnt matter to me. Beck will gain more experience, and may get to work some things out if hr gets the start, as well as not giving him too much time to get down on himself.
One thing I notoced is the same guys on the o-line seemed to immediatly start blocking better when Cleo was put in the game. If I am the Coach, I would start penalizing o-linemen who block diferantly for diferant QB's. I dont care if they like Cleo better than Beck, Do thier job. There is NO reason for a pro to not protect one qb as good as another. The ones who dont, would eb GONE if it were me! Again, it looks as if the dire needs are on O_LINE as well.
The Bills had full house blitz package on Beck from the first snap and switched to a four three defense when Cleo came in, expecting alot of base running plays Lemon threw one long pass, followed by one good run to get a TD, then the offense piddled around for the rest of the game.
Jorge Arreola

Mexico

#20 Dec 11, 2007
We need another QB, also a new General Manager, Mr Mueller shall be fired, we need a new players a new team, this guys have played very bad, the Miami dolphins fans want a one victory over pats, but this players have not pride.is very sad but is really

Regards from Mexico City
JackPhinFAN

Ridgewood, NY

#21 Dec 11, 2007
Cleo looked a bit better, but they were rolling him out. Beck looked aweful, but the play calling seemed scripted. They did not react to the blitzing until Beck was pulled.

I am not sure Beck or Lemon are the future, but it did seem that the playcalling was some of the problem early on. The O line did not help.
Michael Alexander

New York, NY

#22 Dec 11, 2007
Chicken Little wrote:
START BECK. What do they expect will happen to him when he only gets a second or less to throw the ball. Why didn't they think to roll him out? The Dolphin brain trust might need an IQ injection. We will go 0-16 no doubt. Will Wayne raise my ticket prices? My lease expires at the end of the season, will Wayne have the smart business practice to raise my ticket prices? I vote for D-Line with number 1. WR and DB in 2nd. Then get another MLB and TE please,
I hear your frustration and agree that Beck needs more time to throw. Teams realize the Dolphins more talented RB's are injured. Beck does need to read some of the blitzes and check off to a quick pass. Lemon will be a free agent next year. If I were his agent I would have him some where else. The better free agents will not want to sign with the Dolphins after this season. However it is better to rebuild with through the draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
News NFL Playoffs Mark End of Kurt Warner's Career |... (Jan '10) Jan '10 nena 2
News Quarterback Kurt Warner decides to retire from ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rita 1
News Warner brings end to stirring 12-year NFL career (Jan '10) Jan '10 ClassAct 2
News Rams Game Sunday Will Be Televised On FOX 2 (Nov '09) Nov '09 bil 2
News Rams Sell Out Of Home Opener Vs. Green Bay (Sep '09) Sep '09 40for60 7
News Rams quarterback Trent Green retires: report (Jun '09) Jun '09 bulldog3 1
More from around the web