Dolphins Fire Cameron

Dolphins Fire Cameron

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Dolphins Fire Cameron. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Cam Cameron was fired as the Miami Dolphins' coach Thursday by new boss Bill Parcells after plunging to an 0-13 start in his first year on the job and finishing with just one victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

pancanfinfan

Los Olivos, CA

#1 Jan 3, 2008
I believe Cam Cameron was a class guy who did his level best to try to get things going in the right direction. He was doomed from the beginning though. In the end, the Cam / Mueller co-general managership was not a good model for a guy coming into his first coaching gig. His questionable play calling and decision making on the field probably did him in, not his draft. I supported Cam and I will now support Parcells and his efforts to turn this organization around. I'm not one to flippantly call for anyone's firing like many of the idiots do here. I hope that we can give Parcell's and Ireland some leeway in making the necessary changes. However, I can see the "fire the tuna" blog's next year if the Phin's come out slow next year.
Parcell's reputation as a no nonsense guy preceded him & commands respect from all in the organization from fans, to assistants to players. I will do this. Given the circumstances of the organization he inherited, Cam ends up being the guy who jumped on the hand-grenade in the fox hole for this disfunctional organization. It may well be written someday that is was Cam's 2007 draft that started the turnaround for the Dolphins. For this sacrifice today, he should at least be thanked.

“Go Bears and White Sox”

Since: Jan 08

Brookfield

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Parcells will turn the Dolphins around. He knows what he is doing. Wish he was in Chicago...
MJZ

Yonkers, NY

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Familiarity, Philospohical compatability, a strong leader. I think Parcell's knew enough of Cam to know that philosophically they were not on the same page, with repsect to player selection, play calling and coachig style. Familiarity counts, but if Parcell's felt that he and Cam were on the same page with the philosophy he'd most likely keep him. Even if the Fins went 8-8 this year, without the approach being the same Cam would be gone.
Raymond

AOL

#4 Jan 6, 2008
I laught at all you fools who wants Cam as a coach. He was a coach all right. He was a JOKE of a coach

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
News NFL Playoffs Mark End of Kurt Warner's Career |... (Jan '10) Jan '10 nena 2
News Quarterback Kurt Warner decides to retire from ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rita 1
News Warner brings end to stirring 12-year NFL career (Jan '10) Jan '10 ClassAct 2
News Rams Game Sunday Will Be Televised On FOX 2 (Nov '09) Nov '09 bil 2
News Rams Sell Out Of Home Opener Vs. Green Bay (Sep '09) Sep '09 40for60 7
News Rams quarterback Trent Green retires: report (Jun '09) Jun '09 bulldog3 1
More from around the web