Beck gets starting job

Beck gets starting job

There are 60 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Beck gets starting job. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The future has arrived, maybe. Dolphins rookie John Beck was handed the baton Wednesday, becoming the third quarterback to start for the Dolphins this season and the 12th starting quarterback to enter the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Allan B

AOL

#44 Nov 16, 2007
Wayne has destroyed the team. Who cares about the pathetic Dolphins anymore?
alandfleming

Venus, FL

#45 Nov 16, 2007
it's about time we dumped the lemon
Unbiased

Pinola, MS

#46 Nov 16, 2007
You and your mentally challenged coach can are a joke.
Unbiased

Pinola, MS

#47 Nov 16, 2007
The Dolphins deserve Cam.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#48 Nov 16, 2007
Bill McGraw in Utah wrote:
Finally a decision on this issue, and obviously late. Lemon is a miniature Culpepper, and the D's need to open it up! I dont know who to thank though, cause Cam dosn't seem to know what he is doing. Someone light a fire!!!
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#49 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
The Dolphins deserve Cam.
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#50 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#51 Nov 16, 2007
Allan B wrote:
Wayne has destroyed the team. Who cares about the pathetic Dolphins anymore?
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#52 Nov 16, 2007
BIG MOE wrote:
<quoted text>YEA!! THE GOOD OLD AMERIKKKAN WAY!!
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#53 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
And why didn't Lemon try? Because at every presse of cam he was openingly critizing Lemon for any turnovers. Cam killed Lemon's confidence,. Lemon knew that he had to play mistake football because Cam was just waiting for an opportunity to put his handpicked boy in.
Now that Beck is the starter there will be no over emphasis of taking csre of the ball. Hell, Green turned it over 6 timese in one game--4 picks and 2 fumbles and cam said nothing.
I know cam with his double standards and lies cannot have respect of the locker room--humiliates Culpepper; throws Lemon under the bus at his pressers; pretends there is open competition at the qb position then makes final decision on leadership. We can all guess what that is. Says Beck would have earned the start; would not take ricky williams back.
Cam is a joke. He does not have a backbone nor the respect of his players.
you're dumb.
rico

Homosassa, FL

#54 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
cam is a perfect coach for this organization; after all he's from Indiania--"home of the ___" I'm sure that philosophy is deeply rooted in him.
you're gay and you love sweaty men.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#55 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not worthy of starting in White racists eyes. He's always being compared to Ray Lucas simply because he is black. Now you can begin making excuses for the white boy
you're dumb.
ted

Homosassa, FL

#56 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe as long as the white establ8ishment has stuck with Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, Brian Griese, David Carr and on and on....
you're dumb.
Geezle

Jupiter, FL

#57 Nov 16, 2007
It would be a lot of fun to see the Dolphins put a couple in the W column this year while building for next. John Beck may be just the spark they need. Good luck to John Beck!
Geezle

Jupiter, FL

#58 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
Racist organization with a racist fan base. They will never have a black qb
This has NOTHING to do with race. It has everything to do with trying to win a football game, or two! If Lemon were winning games he'd still be in there. Cameron does not want to repeat the feat accomplished by only one other team in NFL history.(winless)
Patton Dietz

Smyrna, TN

#59 Nov 16, 2007
finally, I've said all along the guy needs to take his lumps this season and learn from it, he's a 26 year old rookie, and a very mature 26 at that, he said he's not going to try to do "too much", but I for one would love to see too much rather than the too little that has become all too common this season, and who knows maybe the 'fins win 2 or 3 games, this team and especially the younger guys can build on that. Ginn Jr. in particular can only benefit, come training camp next season the timing will be down. I see Ginn Jr. as a young Steve Smith, returns punts, lightning fast, is being worked into the passing game, etc.
Patton Dietz

Smyrna, TN

#60 Nov 16, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
passing on Drew Brees for a black QB that had one good year during his entire career and wasn't even healed from a knee injury that literally could not have been more severe,(tearing his ACL, MCL and PCL) does not sound like a racist move to me, stupid, but certainly not racist, if anything it seems the organization has went out of it's way to find a black QB, not the other way around.
tfain

United States

#61 Nov 16, 2007
its about time!
Unbiased

Pinola, MS

#62 Nov 16, 2007
YOU KKK CAN
JED

Detroit, MI

#63 Nov 17, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
YOU KKK CAN
Okay ...... I never weigh in on racial discussions because to me and to anyone that's been involved in sports at the higher levels ..... we know there's no such thing as race!

You sir are the one that has a racial problem .... simply because that's the way you are looking out of those bizarre glasses that you're looking through !

Take your race 'CRAP' and I do mean 'CRAP' somewhere else .... this is a g.d. football forum. You should contact the 'Jerry Springer' show or the 'Maury' show or the 'Oprah' show, if the only thing that you care about is, or can see, in this world, is racial 'CRAP.'

I can tell you with 100% conviction ..... 99.9% of all professional athletes, when they walk out between the lines, never even think about a human's skin color.
Even Charles Barkley ..... who does see lots of color, never saw it when he was receining or throwing an outlet pass to a teammate.

So listen up and listen up good ..... get some psychological help for your illness.

Cleo Lemon, not that you'll ever get a chance to meet him .... will be the first person to tell you this, his # 1 ally in all of professional football in one Cam Cameron as it was Cam that went to Arkansas St. to work him out and it was Cam that convinced A.J. Smith (San Diego GM & personnel guru) that Cleo has some NFL skills that can be polished up and allow him to play at this level. I can assure you that if the 'team' had a few victories while Cleo was the signal-caller, he'd still be starting. They are looking for any kind of 'spark' they can find that can help get them a victory ... period, end of story!

You've never heard anyone in the Miami Dolphins organization ever so much as say one single solitary word that could be construed negatively about Cleo Lemon. And that includes secretaries, etc., etc.

Cleo Lemon is a highly valued player on this team, and he did lots .... repeat, lots, of good things in the last 5-6 games. Just no victories yet and that's what the 'TEAM' is looking for.

In summation ...... take that vile, prejudiced mindset of yours somewhere where perhaps they might appreciate your slanted perspective of the world ..... this ain't the place !!!!!!!!!

Now get out and stay the heck out !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
News NFL Playoffs Mark End of Kurt Warner's Career |... (Jan '10) Jan '10 nena 2
News Quarterback Kurt Warner decides to retire from ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rita 1
News Warner brings end to stirring 12-year NFL career (Jan '10) Jan '10 ClassAct 2
News Rams Game Sunday Will Be Televised On FOX 2 (Nov '09) Nov '09 bil 2
News Rams Sell Out Of Home Opener Vs. Green Bay (Sep '09) Sep '09 40for60 7
News Rams quarterback Trent Green retires: report (Jun '09) Jun '09 bulldog3 1
More from around the web