Beck gets starting job

The future has arrived, maybe. Dolphins rookie John Beck was handed the baton Wednesday, becoming the third quarterback to start for the Dolphins this season and the 12th starting quarterback to enter the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bill McGraw in Utah

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Nov 14, 2007
Finally a decision on this issue, and obviously late. Lemon is a miniature Culpepper, and the D's need to open it up! I dont know who to thank though, cause Cam dosn't seem to know what he is doing. Someone light a fire!!!
Franco

AOL

#2 Nov 14, 2007
Beck should be worked in after Lemon starts the game .....that way less pressure on the rookie..
wake up Cameron and do your job !
Gary

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2007
Weather you like Cam or not, all the rookies are getting there chance to play. If they don't work out at least the coachs have an idea what the needs will be next year. As for this year lets hope this is the lift the team needs to put up a few wins, or at least play better.
Tyrone

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2007
Ricky W,

You were my favorite Dolphin since Marino. I like to smoke the weed too, but I would definitely have to give it up if I made $500,000 plus per year. You are a mellow and intelligent person and pretty much everyone you meet in real life says you are very respectful and a good guy. You are also a great NFL running back and have proven it every time you are on the field,
Therefore it has been decided by the NFL you would be better off becoming very violent and should begin beating and pointing guns at people ASAP. According to the media and NFL mandated discipline this is much better behavior than the smoking a joint of the stanky stank in your own home.
The NFL policy is ridiculous, they should not even test for weed like the NBA does not test for weed last I heard. Cam can talk about character all he wants; Ricky has great character and is a silent leader. Ricky just has a weakness with the Devils Lettuce, that Sativa is hard to turn down sometimes. They probably have Ricky psyche treated right now with three different pills of Prozac derivatives everyday which has major side effects medically compared to the Sticky Icky and even under heavy meds he will be cleared for play by the NFL as long as their ďaffiliatedĒ doctors say it is ok. Anyway Ricky, welcome back to the NFL again, I truly hope Cam is smart for a change and adds you back to the team as the starting running back ASAP. I am breaking out my old Ricky Jersey and will wear it with pride when he rushes for 250 yards his first game back. If Ricky is in shape he may go for Adrian Petersonís new record of almost 300 yards rushing. Ricky was always like a John Deere tractor and pushed through the line hard. No one can argue that. I hope Beck kicks ass but if he sucks Cam may be out of there within 3 games and Capers made acting head coach. Donít think it canít happen. I do hope the Dolphins turn it around but the worst may not be over yet.

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

#5 Nov 15, 2007
Cam isnt going to get fired if a 1st year rookie qb doesnt throw 2 td's a game with 0 int's, and loses every game. I dont recal Peyton Manning winning alot his 1st year. And the COLTS sucked before him. John Beck will make mistakes. He will make them in his 1st start. But I think he will overcome them. This guy it tough, and has the respect of his teammates already. Ginn Jr os developing. He has a running game that may be getting alot better in a couple weeks. The futute is looking good, even though the present doesnt.
Dennis

Miami, FL

#6 Nov 15, 2007
I want to see him throw interceptions, get sacked, and fumble snaps. We can then see how he reacts to adversity. This is going to be a learning experience and yes he is going to make mistakes, but how he reacts is the real test. He has a great support system(Trent,Lemon, and Cam) for this learning experience and I'm praying he has what it takes to become a good NFL QB. Good luck, Johnny Boy.
One Brown Eye

AOL

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Lol.......This organization is in chaos.
BIG MOE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Nov 15, 2007
Finz fans are pathetic!!
JDB

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Nov 15, 2007
Finally Cameron made the decision but in my opinion it was better if he would had given Beck the chance against Buffalo last week at home ( even the 2nd half of the game ) and we would had been now 1-8
BIG MOE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Nov 15, 2007
JDB wrote:
Finally Cameron made the decision but in my opinion it was better if he would had given Beck the chance against Buffalo last week at home ( even the 2nd half of the game ) and we would had been now 1-8
If he would have came in 2nd half it would have been another loss just like the others pal.
zip it

Miami, FL

#11 Nov 15, 2007
Lemon, you didnt take advantage of your opportunity. You can't run an offence. Let's try to be patient and see what upside John shows us. I'll bet he will go down the field which was just one thing ole' lemon didnt try.
We need a QB NOW!!

SUPPORT JOHN BECK
zip it

Miami, FL

#12 Nov 15, 2007
BIG MOE wrote:
Finz fans are pathetic!!
SO ARE YOU FAT BOY! GET A LIFE!
jab

Decatur, GA

#13 Nov 15, 2007
PATIENCE!
NYDolfanMike

Rochester, NY

#14 Nov 15, 2007
The reinstatement of Ricky at this time is perfect for Beck. Without Ricky, all of the focus would be squarely on Beck's shoulders. Now, with Ricky coming back, Ricky will be the center of attention taking some of the pressure of Beck. Certainly, Beck will have pressure on him but atleast he has company.
BIG MOE

Miami, FL

#15 Nov 15, 2007
zip it wrote:
<quoted text>
SO ARE YOU FAT BOY! GET A LIFE!
Hey, no need to get personal. So what if I'm a fat shut in? Gotta go, it's brunch time.
don shula 1972

United States

#17 Nov 15, 2007
First of all, good luck John Beck. Now,lets give him all the support we can. Play Chatman and Williams in the backfield. This offensive line is playing exceptionally well. Leave it alone. Play Ginn and Hagan at wideout. Every now and then, slip Lorenzo Booker in at slot receiver. With any luck, we should begin to see this offense start scoring 24-30 points a game again. and if this defense can play like it has the past couple of games, We'll see a happy ending here and there. And also the beginning of the future on offense. This formula should tell us what we have on offense. I'm thinking it'll be better than expected. Then hopefully , we can begin to diagnose the defense again. Beginning with a d-lineman and a couple of cornerbacks. Good Luck Fins.
Unbiased

United States

#19 Nov 15, 2007
Racist organization with a racist fan base. They will never have a black qb
Biased

Miami, FL

#20 Nov 15, 2007
Unbiased wrote:
Racist organization with a racist fan base. They will never have a black qb
Those racist Dolphins and their lilly white team. KKKeep up the good work KKKam. KKKLeo is a KKKareer backup just like KKKulpepper now is.
exile

London, UK

#21 Nov 15, 2007
Cam pointed out one thing I've been thinking, which is that Beck's not a typical rookie. A 26-year-old father who's lived overseas is not the same mentally as a 21-year-old who's adjusting to his first year off a college campus. This won't be easy and Beck's not going to go all Marino-in-84 on us, but he's more mentally equipped to handle the adversity that's coming his way than most rookies.
exile

London, UK

#22 Nov 15, 2007
Hang on a minute. Some dude from Mississippi's coming in here to call us racist?
Dang, that's like a Jets fan accusing us of poor hygiene.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
NFL Playoffs Mark End of Kurt Warner's Career |... (Jan '10) Jan '10 nena 2
Quarterback Kurt Warner decides to retire from ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rita 1
Warner brings end to stirring 12-year NFL career (Jan '10) Jan '10 ClassAct 2
Rams Game Sunday Will Be Televised On FOX 2 (Nov '09) Nov '09 bil 2
Rams Sell Out Of Home Opener Vs. Green Bay (Sep '09) Sep '09 40for60 7
Rams quarterback Trent Green retires: report (Jun '09) Jun '09 bulldog3 1

Trent Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE