Safety Bell's return crucial to Dolphins

As he reached the sidelines in the season opener, Yeremiah Bell sensed something wasn't right with his left leg. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Steve

Kula, HI

#1 Jul 19, 2008
How can you say Ronnie Brown's injury was not as damaging as Bell's? After Ronnie was injured the offensive line that was playing so well went down the toilet and the entire offense struggled to do anything. Also what is more important than Bell's return is the performance of the front 7. If that front 7 performs well they can cover up for a lot of what is lacking in Miami's secondary. You also forget that last year Miami went through what, 9 safeties? And the they played a rookie free agent and a bunch of free agent cast offs before they finally turned to Jason Allen. When Allen finally started the Defense got better and I think its because he knew the defense better. Thats why good coaches turns to players who knows the system before they turn too players who they think is more talented but never played in their system. Don't get me wrong Bell is important part of the secondary but the importance of his return in this blog is overly dramatic.
mike

Germany

#2 Jul 19, 2008
Bell is a playmaker. I knew it was going to be a long season when he got hurt. Hopefully, he can stay healthy for the next few seasons.
Reality

United States

#3 Jul 19, 2008
Has anyone seen him run? Is he as fast as he was? I remember looking at Dan Marino's leg after his injury, and it was like a peg leg....hopefully, with Bell's tear being higher on the leg, he'll be able to get back to where he was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami grabs a good veteran safety or prospect at "last cut" day before the season.
Daryl

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Jul 19, 2008
A few months a go the sentinel posted a picture of bell at some type of function and I must say that even a s a Body Builder myself it was impressive. In the past I always saw him as a smallish guy and he looked very Frail but I think this new workout regiment and mind set has put him over the top physically now he armed with the type of strength and endurance it takes to do big things. I could see him having a huge impact this season if he's healthy. Thats a Big IF because lets face this is a violent sport and injuries happen lets hope its not him so he can show us what he is capable of.

“W Y S I W Y G”

Since: Jan 08

Cumming, GA

#5 Jul 19, 2008
Conditioning, or lack thereof, is what really cost us last season along with really bad coaching and poor leadership.

Hopefully all that has been fixed this year. All this started with that damn bubble - I hope they tear the damn thing down.

Looking for a winning record this year. Every season there are a couple of surprise teams - no reason we can't be one of them!

Only a week till the fun begins.
cnich

United States

#6 Jul 19, 2008
Bell is a must in this secondary unit. He's the best hitting player on the team now. If Bell would have played most of the last season we wouldn't of been 1-15. Pray for a healthy Bell this season.
Rumblefish21

New Concord, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2008
Hopefully the whole team comes out in better shape!People can say what they want but last year our season was over before it got startred due to poor conditioning and lack of spirit.My hope is that this new group of coaches has them all in plaing shape come opening day.It has been a major issue for several seasons.You must win the early ones and finish strong.It is truly a year round issue.However I will be happy to see us win just a few more games over last years dismal performance!We are rebuilding and after last year the only way we can go is up.Last year was an all time low.I'm looking forward to this season and will be cheering for my team as always!!!! HELL YEAH GO FINS!!!!!!
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jul 19, 2008
Reality wrote:
Has anyone seen him run? Is he as fast as he was? I remember looking at Dan Marino's leg after his injury, and it was like a peg leg....hopefully, with Bell's tear being higher on the leg, he'll be able to get back to where he was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami grabs a good veteran safety or prospect at "last cut" day before the season.
Yeah...you sure are an expert on the Dolphins. You provide such great insite of the players and management....do you work for the Dolphins?
Big Red

Ocala, FL

#9 Jul 19, 2008
"""All this started with that damn bubble - I hope they tear the damn thing down."""

Most of the practices we shouldn't need the bubble as the heat helps with conditioning - BUT - that heat can be a double edged sword. That bubble is what you call an asset. It will be kept and utilized. Count on it.

GO MIAMI!
CleosSecondCousi nCletus

Mount Juliet, TN

#10 Jul 19, 2008
"Even if all of the Dolphins' rehabilitated and rehabilitating players return to pre-injury form, this still won't be a contending team."

And which quatrain references the 2008 Miami Dolphins season and its inevitable failure oh Great-Seer-Of-Things-Still-Yet -To-Come?

Let's all just pack it in and go home and wait until next year. The Amazing Ethan has spoken. And in such a matter-of-fact manner, it must be true.

Old cliche for ya Amazing: "That's why they play the game." You just never know. Well, most of us anyway.

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#11 Jul 19, 2008
Nice argument, Ethan, but this is a team sport after all. Y-Bell's injury was devastating to the secondary because there was no depth there. And because Cam Cam ran the program like summer camp for kids, the team was not in football shape by the time the exhibition games began and then the injuries started piling up. This started the domino effect. Before long, half the scrubs were starting.

It is good to see the TunaFish place a huge emphasis on conditioning BEFORE camp even begins. This may help cut down on injuries (from my lips to God's ear!).

While it is good that Y-Bell has added upper strength muscle, why didn't he work on those skinny legs? That seems to be where his problem truly lies.
Mike

AOL

#12 Jul 19, 2008
The teams stinks with or without Bell. Can you say 1-15 AGAIN?
SRB

Collierville, TN

#13 Jul 19, 2008
Hopefully we will get one win against the Bills and Patsies, and two against the PETS, that IMO it will be a successful season. What ever happens I still see us with a really high pick for next years draft. Maybe we can land a lock down CB. Any ideas on who that could be?
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jul 19, 2008
Mike wrote:
The teams stinks with or without Bell. Can you say 1-15 AGAIN?
1-15...
Marty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Jul 19, 2008
GFK wrote:
<quoted text>
1-15...
I strongly disagree. 0-16 is more like it. This is the year!!!
Dolphins Blow

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Jul 19, 2008
GFK wrote:
<quoted text>
1-15...
1-15. should have been 0-16. f@ck the Dolphins!
john

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 19, 2008
I see them finishing 8-8 and competing in every game. I think they will be a smash mouth football team that will be predictable a lot but because they execute so well the oppt. will not be able to stop them.

I also think the defense will be our achilles heal this year but next year watch out. If the offense can get the running game going and with GOOD game management we are going to surprise a lot of teams.
cool hand luke

Anchorage, AK

#18 Jul 19, 2008
the changes and stability are welcome. i can't wait for the season opener to see how these guys come together and what the season holds.
Jon

Rockville, MD

#19 Jul 19, 2008
I wish these 0-16eeners were setting lines and backing them up with their own money (especially since it's never happened).

The internet bookies have the over/under at 5.5. Seems fair, but I'd go with the over.

The offense ain't goning be too fun to watch, but at least the end result won't be last year's nightmare.
Chris

Hialeah, FL

#20 Jul 19, 2008
Jon wrote:
I wish these 0-16eeners were setting lines and backing them up with their own money (especially since it's never happened).
The internet bookies have the over/under at 5.5. Seems fair, but I'd go with the over.
The offense ain't goning be too fun to watch, but at least the end result won't be last year's nightmare.
Chronic gambler over here. Get some help dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chiefs put S Page on IR, sign CB Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 leo from post oak 1
Dolphins' changing of the guards since 2003 (Aug '08) Aug '08 Guard_On-the_Block 4
BREAKDOWN: Dolphins key position battles (Aug '08) Aug '08 Steve 11
Sparano mulling tight-end decision (Aug '08) Aug '08 JWC85 7
Browns acquire defensive back from Dolphins (Aug '08) Aug '08 ryan 11
Daniels sent to Cleveland for draft pick (Aug '08) Aug '08 Nick 6
Miami Dolphins trade CB Daniels for undisclosed... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Tom Loy 4

Travis Daniels People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE