BREAKDOWN: Dolphins key position battles

BREAKDOWN: Dolphins key position battles

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 18, 2008, titled BREAKDOWN: Dolphins key position battles. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Reagan Mauia vs. Boomer Grigsby The more versatile Grigsby supplanted Mauia as the starter Saturday and boosted his chances with a 7-yard catch, key blocks and a special-teams tackle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Ram

Miami, FL

#1 Aug 18, 2008
One of the things that will make both options at many of these positions gone is the cuts by the other 31 that we pick up. The DB's and OT's better watch out
john

Miami, FL

#2 Aug 18, 2008
I see Beck being Cut and the reasoning behind this is McCown is experienced and he could help Henne on the sidelines while Chad is on the field. He could step in if Chad goes down, if Henne should start after Chad injury then if he is overwhelmed then McCown could be a good insurance policy.
If Beck is cut we would have a better chance of re-signing him if we have a lot of injuries.I really don't if McCown with his experience wouldn't get picked up as an insurance policy for some team. Maybe this would be good for beck in the long run and we will know more about his commitment to football. Maybe he will master the playbook during the downtime. Maybe he will workout at BYU. Maybe he will go on a morman mission?
Chris

Lakeland, FL

#3 Aug 18, 2008
Why not cut Ernest Wilford IF Sparano and Co. stay true to their word and keep the best players? He has been a huge disappointment.

GINN
HAGAN
BESS
KIRCUS
CAMARILLO

ARMSTRONG to PS
tarniman

Homer, GA

#4 Aug 18, 2008
I don't like the idea of cutting Wilford for two reasons, his size and his run blocking ability. I also think he will shake the dust off this year and contribute this year. Did you watch the Jag game in the 3rd quarter, If Henne throws the ball high for a tall receiver he would have had his first TD as a Dolphin. Tall receivers are good in the red zone, and the only tall Receiver we have is Wilford. Wilford probably caught more passes last year for the Jags than any Dolphin receiver. Once he gets his head in the game he will be an asset for the Dolphin. And besides I don't think he going anywhere because of the contract that he signed.
tarniman

Homer, GA

#5 Aug 18, 2008
I admit, one thing I don't like about Wilford is his aggressiveness. He is a big guy and he needs to act like a big guy. I would like to see get more aggressive on catches. He is playing to soft right now. I think that will change .
Eddie

Warrensburg, NY

#6 Aug 18, 2008
The analysis sounds pretty solid to me but I hope they find a spot for Bess. Bess is going to be a solid slot/possession WR in the NFL.

Wright may be tough one to cut and I would say he stays over keeping 4 TEs.

“W Y S I W Y G”

Since: Jan 08

Cumming, GA

#7 Aug 20, 2008
john wrote:
I see Beck being Cut and the reasoning behind this is McCown is experienced and he could help Henne on the sidelines while Chad is on the field. He could step in if Chad goes down, if Henne should start after Chad injury then if he is overwhelmed then McCown could be a good insurance policy.
If Beck is cut we would have a better chance of re-signing him if we have a lot of injuries.I really don't if McCown with his experience wouldn't get picked up as an insurance policy for some team. Maybe this would be good for beck in the long run and we will know more about his commitment to football. Maybe he will master the playbook during the downtime. Maybe he will workout at BYU. Maybe he will go on a morman mission?
No way Beck or McCown get CUT - maybe traded. Neither one would clear waivers for the practice squad. Regardless what the Beck hater's think - he has considerable trade value value. The fins carry 4 QB's into the season if they have to becuse sooner or later someone will need a backup due to injury.

Thinking any of these QBs will be cut is naive.
Tony Brown

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Why isn't Miami trying to get Boldin from Arizona?
Strong, fast durable pro-bowl receiver that they really need!
MJZ

New York, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Roth saved his job? Are you nuts? The guy is a DE not a LB. Geez.
Dophins Suck ballz

Miami, FL

#10 Aug 20, 2008
Dolphins couldn't score a touchdown let alone score Boldin. You PHins are a bunch of losers. Chad P couldn't even start his car let alone start as QB. Dolphins STINK like Shiet!!!! JETTS RULE this Town...Florida is our Town...a northners Paradise...you mutts work for us.. the rich! Keep serving me hotdogs you sorry A S S Phins fans...ha ha ha ha JETS 12-4 Phins 4-12 ha ha ha ha
Steve

Carson City, NV

#11 Aug 22, 2008
y-not wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Beck or McCown get CUT - maybe traded. Neither one would clear waivers for the practice squad. Regardless what the Beck hater's think - he has considerable trade value value. The fins carry 4 QB's into the season if they have to becuse sooner or later someone will need a backup due to injury.
Thinking any of these QBs will be cut is naive.
Speaking of naive, McCown isn't eligible for the practice squad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs put S Page on IR, sign CB Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 leo from post oak 1
News Dolphins' changing of the guards since 2003 (Aug '08) Aug '08 Guard_On-the_Block 4
News Sparano mulling tight-end decision (Aug '08) Aug '08 JWC85 7
News Browns acquire defensive back from Dolphins (Aug '08) Aug '08 ryan 11
News Daniels sent to Cleveland for draft pick (Aug '08) Aug '08 Nick 6
News Miami Dolphins trade CB Daniels for undisclosed... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Tom Loy 4
News Miami Dolphins camp notebook (Aug '08) Aug '08 Zardki Wslinsu 15
More from around the web