Broncos trade TE Tony Scheffler in 3-way deal

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 30
Denver Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler was traded to the Detroit Lions Monday in a three-way deal. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What the Heck

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 19, 2010
There goes one of our "go to" guys again. Did not see that coming. Looks like the offense is going through more of a rebuild than I imagined. Personally, I think Tony is worth a lot more than a 5th round draft choice, a heck of a lot more!
Cookie B

Littleton, CO

#2 Apr 19, 2010
So now does McDuck feel better about himself? Does he really feel like the man in charge? Does he feel like he is showing everyone he has the power? Was he never hugged as a child which may point to his power-trips??? Or was he bullied???
fan

United States

#3 Apr 19, 2010
You can't keep trading your experienced players for draft picks unless you are prepared to have a few losing seasons. The team might be decent in 2013 but I don't think McDaniels will be leading it.
BroncoHater

Denver, CO

#4 Apr 19, 2010
Hahaha I love this. Keep giving away your good players. Orton will have noone to throw to and Knowshit Morono will have to face 8 in the box almost every down. He couldn't do jack against normal defenses last year so he'll suck more this one. 5-11 at best. I'll love watching these idiots lose.
Bronco Fan

Denver, CO

#5 Apr 19, 2010
fan wrote:
You can't keep trading your experienced players for draft picks unless you are prepared to have a few losing seasons. The team might be decent in 2013 but I don't think McDaniels will be leading it.
Maybe not. Whoever we pick up during the draft can be used for trades later. We are at the beginning of this wave. Don't forget we have a new and proven quarterback who can actually throw the long ball down the field and accurately. Makes sense that we would change from a TE focused passing game to putting more speed and agility on the field. A lot of disgruntled fans predicted a losing season last year and it never happened.
jdt

Denver, CO

#6 Apr 19, 2010
Denver traded a quality experienced TE drafted in 2nd round of 2006 AND a 7th round pick for a 5th round pick this year? Who orchestrated this deal and management approved? Boy I guess we couldn't wait to draft in the 5th round of this year all the while rebuilding this team and still remain competitive.

Since: Jan 10

Denver, CO

#7 Apr 19, 2010
Good grief- guess we are going for the all NCAA team next year. McD is starting to push it pretty far
Pendijo

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Apr 19, 2010
This Guy was another spoiled brat punk like Cutler(Mr Interception) No big loss. Go Dolphins.!!!!!
MOD

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 19, 2010
I love my Broncs, but has anybody seen Bowlen lately? I think he has Alzheimer's, I'm serious. And where is the new GM in all of this? The jury is out, but I'm losing faith.
Pendijo

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Apr 19, 2010
MOD wrote:
I love my Broncs, but has anybody seen Bowlen lately? I think he has Alzheimer's, I'm serious. And where is the new GM in all of this? The jury is out, but I'm losing faith.
Maybe he is hanging with Al Davis.
patriotshater

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 19, 2010
Now you all are finally noticing what McDumba** is doing to your Denver Patriots? Were you serious when you thought this guy wanted Cutler, Marshall or Scheffler? Did'nt he try replacing Cutler before getting to know him? He brought over Jabar and then benched Tony. Never played Payton Hillis after a great season. Then benched Marshall and Shef at seasons end at your expense. Cheers Bronco fans lol!! Now go cheer for your Josh McDumba** leader and tell yourself i love his vision!!lmao
MOD

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 19, 2010
Pendijo wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe he is hanging with Al Davis.
Nobody's THAT mentally ill! LOL!
LMFAO

Greeley, CO

#13 Apr 19, 2010
Before I opened this page I made a prediction to myself that most if not all comments would be negative. Specifically towards Coach McDaniels. Why? Because the smart football fans realize Tony Sheffler doesn't matter, and this is an irrelevant story. A good pass catching TE with below run blocking skills are a dime a dozen. We got a 5th round pick for a guy that was going to be cut. The haters just need a forum to be unhappy.
LMFAO

Greeley, CO

#14 Apr 19, 2010
Cookie B wrote:
So now does McDuck feel better about himself? Does he really feel like the man in charge? Does he feel like he is showing everyone he has the power? Was he never hugged as a child which may point to his power-trips??? Or was he bullied???
Psychological projection or projection bias (including Freudian Projection) is the unconscious act of denial of a person's own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, the government, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.

Asking rhetorical questions about somebody you don't know in a public forum is a little revealing.
leroy from littleton

Littleton, CO

#15 Apr 19, 2010
josh mac daniels sucks ! you picked the right team to tear apart their owner has alzeimers !!! & you have dumbheimers!!!!!!!
Bullfarts

United States

#16 Apr 19, 2010
I wonder why the Lions drafted a TE so high last year

Only to trade for another one

lmao

3-Way cluster fart
Dan

Aurora, CO

#17 Apr 19, 2010
How bad do you need to piss someone off to get traded to the Lion's.
John

Denver, CO

#18 Apr 19, 2010
Rebuilding this team is great
Honest American

Lafayette, CO

#19 Apr 19, 2010
DOWN GO THE BRONCOS !!!! DENVER ! THE NEW DETROIT!!!
BYE BYE PLAYOFFS FOR ,5-7 YEARS AFTER MCDUMASS IS FIRED !
McDUMASS IS KILLING A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM ! THE SAME WAY OBAMA IS KILLING THE GREAT AMERICA !!!WE ARE SO F(*^*K%D ! FOOTBALL & AMERICA
WELL I CAN TELL YOUNG PEOPLE ! i REMBER WHEN THEY WERE GREAT
Honest American

Lafayette, CO

#20 Apr 19, 2010
Bronco Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not. Whoever we pick up during the draft can be used for trades later. We are at the beginning of this wave. Don't forget we have a new and proven quarterback who can actually throw the long ball down the field and accurately. Makes sense that we would change from a TE focused passing game to putting more speed and agility on the field. A lot of disgruntled fans predicted a losing season last year and it never happened.
Dude ! a losing season ? Never happened ???? WTF Team were you watching?? LMAO
This wave thing your talking about ! Well its going to dround & kill everyone !!
Oh I get this Is this You Josh ?? McDumbass ! That would explain Bronco Fan ! because I dont know anymore !Hell The players dont like them selfs anymore ! A winning season is making it though 2 playoff games ! NOT a lucky wild card !! So try watching your team !
I will ,anyone whos kicking the hell out of the Broncos !! Was a Big Fan untel They got rid of Cutler and Mike ! Game over !after 35 years of being a total bronco fan ! Then Jerry Jones Oh Sorry His brother Pat Bowlen ! The Lieing Team killer !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Scheffler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lions RB Joique Bell active against the Bengals (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Patton 2
Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford says he can ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Snoil 2
Rodgers lifts Packers to 24-20 win over Lions (Nov '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 11
Detroit Lions tight end Tony Scheffler responds... (Nov '11) Aug '12 Bob Costas isRott... 6
What If Tim Tebow Were a Muslim? (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tepew 16
Why the heck do we hate Tim Tebow? (Nov '11) Dec '11 Teblow 107
Halloween cheerleaders; The end of 'Tebowing' (Oct '11) Oct '11 Pullingfarts 5
More from around the web