Virginia Tech tops Cincinnati, ends B...

Virginia Tech tops Cincinnati, ends BCS drought

There are 5 comments on the Perry County Weekly story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Virginia Tech tops Cincinnati, ends BCS drought. In it, Perry County Weekly reports that:

The opening moments were filled with just about every problem Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer feared his team would have against Cincinnati.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Perry County Weekly.

“NFL + NCAA Football!!”

Since: Dec 08

Annandale, VA

#1 Jan 2, 2009
As a Tech grad with a son attending right now, I'm happy for the team and Tech fans everywhere. This was truly a season of perseverence. With four losses, three point wins over Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia, and less than impressive efforts against Furman, Western Kentucky, and Duke, I thought the Hokies were destined to lose in the Orange Bowl. But I was very wrong and I give Frank Beemer a great deal of credit for preparing for Cincinnati. The team was ready and Bud Foster's defense showed again why he's one of the best defensive minds in America. WTG Hokies!

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jan 2, 2009
As a Tech fan and nephew attending right now, I too am happy they have ended the drought. I watch them intently this year and I was not only impressed with the level of coaching but how much the team has jelled over the past season. With my nephew leading the charge, we are going to see an excellent upcoming season. Beamer has these guys dialed in and they are going to show us what they are really made of in the seasons to come.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#3 Jan 2, 2009
see you guys in the DOME in ATL next year ROLL TIDE

Raleigh, NC

#4 Jan 2, 2009
Challenge accepted, the Hokies will be there...

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#5 Jan 2, 2009
Awesome game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Pike Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where do Panthers turn at QB? (Jan '11) Mar '11 Anonymous 10
News Panthers now must focus on offense (Jan '11) Jan '11 Shane Smith 1
News Journeyman St. Pierre to start at QB for Panthers (Nov '10) Nov '10 achlop 1
News Panthers QB Clausen has concussion; Panthers upset (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News 2010 Cincinnati Football Predictions (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dave Harrison 1
News Irish eyes focused on Crist's development (Jun '10) Jun '10 BigDan 1
News Ex-Mizzou football player Saunders arrested (Apr '10) Apr '10 KC Beck 1
More from around the web