One loss could dim UC's bowl outlook ...

One loss could dim UC's bowl outlook | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 24 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 2, 2009, titled One loss could dim UC's bowl outlook | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Brian Kelly is glib and opinionated, willing to talk about almost any subject . But ask the Cincinnati coach about his team's bowl picture if the Bearcats lose Saturday at Pittsburgh in a game that will decide the Big East champion, and Kelly professes ignorance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Luckeye Larry

Dayton, OH

#22 Dec 5, 2009
UC beats PITT!!!! Hell of a game, way to go Bearcats! UC 's road of being the best team in the state has just begun. They would absolutely destroy the luckeyes. Kelly is staying, he has the perfect position in a great sports city. He will begin to take away recruits from O$U.
Go Bucks

Crossville, TN

#23 Dec 7, 2009
DC Buckeye wrote:
WestCoastDon, 2012 can't come soon enough for those of us who believe Tressel has misused the talent he has. I don't know who the right coach would be. But once Tressel is gone I am sure someone will emerge. But none of them is going to show their hand now if they are currently with a big-time program.
But what I do know is that Tressel's record of "achievement" is trending in the wrong direction. He peaked with the Fiesta Bowl win over ND -- in the 2005 season. Since then Tressel has lost 3 bowl games in a row (and I fear a 4th is coming), was humiliated by the SEC twice on the national stage, humiliated by USC in 2008, outcoached by USC in 2009, etc. The Big 10 has been a joke the past couple years so all those Big 10 championships don't really mean too much -- unless of course the end-all-be-all for Buckeyes is the Big 10. Boring.
There are 2 sides to the ball -- it's not just about the defense. But under Tressel you would never know that. And yet he's the one running the offense. The irony. Run on first down for 2 yards, run on 2nd down for 1 yard, face endless third and long situations that usually lead to 4th down, punt, kick a field goal, mismanage the clock -- it's all frustrating and boring boring boring. That may be enough to win the Big 10 but it doesn't cut it against the SEC, PAC 10, and Big 12.
And of the names you mentioned, good grief let's hope we go nowhere near any Stoops. Bob Stoops is worse than Tressel. He's the only coach who actually makes Tressel look somewhat decent on the national stage. And Stoops would likely have his own "family, friends, and cronies" coaching staff like Tressel now has. Let's get a real coach and some real assistant coaches.
Fire Tressel Now! Go Buckeyes!
How about you.. you sound like you're a football genius.. but then again
all the lamebrains think they know more than the coaches.
will

United States

#24 Dec 7, 2009
I hope they beat Florida
realist

Tallahassee, FL

#26 Dec 7, 2009
will wrote:
I hope they beat Florida
The interesting sidenote is that Urban went to Cincinnati for college. It's ironic. The mood down here among Florida fans is dejection. I work with people from both Florida and Alabama. Tallahassee is very close to AL and GA. The extreme disparities in verbal and nonverbal gestures this morning were absurd. The Tide fans are euphoric, which really contrasts the Gator fan. I don't see any Gator flags up today. There are usually lots of them around town.

But it's only a game - not WWIII. I am sure Cincinnati is fired up. It's too bad about that Nebraska kickoff at 40 yards and out-of-bounds. The easy return and 1 second field goal were a saving grace for Mack Brown but deep disappointment for Nebraska and the Bearcats. However, the Sugar Bowl is prestigious for the Bearcats. I don't know if UF will feel the same after losing to Alabama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Pike Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where do Panthers turn at QB? (Jan '11) Mar '11 Anonymous 10
News Panthers now must focus on offense (Jan '11) Jan '11 Shane Smith 1
News Journeyman St. Pierre to start at QB for Panthers (Nov '10) Nov '10 achlop 1
News Panthers QB Clausen has concussion; Panthers upset (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News 2010 Cincinnati Football Predictions (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dave Harrison 1
News Irish eyes focused on Crist's development (Jun '10) Jun '10 BigDan 1
News Ex-Mizzou football player Saunders arrested (Apr '10) Apr '10 KC Beck 1
More from around the web