Cincinnati's Kelly heading to Notre Dame

Dec 10, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kansas City Star

Notre Dame is betting Brian Kelly is the man who can finally win it all for the Irish.Two people confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that the Cincinnati coach and Notre Dame had reached a deal for Kelly to replace Charlie Weis.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2009
Ed in Connecticut

Northford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Notre Dame and it's athletic director should be ashame of themselves, yes I am happy that they have a new coach but their timing and approach to/with coach Kelly was poor and unprofessional, and for Kelly to drop these kids in Cincinnati before these kids competed in their post season undefeated year....is very questionable. Is Notre Dame this desparate, how would they have felt if they were having an undefeated season, and they were bowl bound and someone approaches their coach....they'd be crying like Regis Philburn. Coach Kelly you should be ashame of yourself, you recruited theses kids, you coached and trained them, and when they needed your moral and ethical supervision....you took the money, what a selfish man, you could have waited until after the season, and you did not have to abandon these kids in the biggest game in most of these hard working and deserving kids lives, for your own personal gains. You could have waited

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Coach Kelly didn't set a good precedent. What is he going to do if a NFL team comes calling, leave his team high and dry again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tony Pike Discussions

Search the Tony Pike Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where do Panthers turn at QB? (Jan '11) Mar '11 Anonymous 10
Panthers now must focus on offense (Jan '11) Jan '11 Shane Smith 1
Journeyman St. Pierre to start at QB for Panthers (Nov '10) Nov '10 achlop 1
Panthers QB Clausen has concussion; Panthers upset (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
2010 Cincinnati Football Predictions (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dave Harrison 1
Irish eyes focused on Crist's development (Jun '10) Jun '10 BigDan 1
Ex-Mizzou football player Saunders arrested (Apr '10) Apr '10 KC Beck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••