Cincy rips Kelly as he heads to Irish

Dec 10, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NY Daily News

Brian Kelly is leaving Cincinnati to become the new head coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Comments
1 - 20 of 90 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2010
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
pongo

Canton, OH

#1 Dec 11, 2009
You can not believe the coaches --- they all lie and look out for themselves. Tells the players that he was staying at Cincinnati and bolts a day later to ND. Why not man up and say "i am looking at the ND job". He is not the first coach to do this and will not be the last. But be a man about it and tell the players the truth, they are the ones who performed to open does for you to get this opportunity. If they did not perform you'ld of been fired.
CLUM

Valdosta, GA

#2 Dec 11, 2009
Get over it. He's coached other teams, won with them then moved on. Who would want to stay in Cinncinnatti when you could go to Notre Dame?
Ben

Portland, OR

#3 Dec 11, 2009
I don't follow college football much but I'm curious: who decided that he wouldn't coach in the Sugar Bowl? Was it Kelly or the AD?
HOGFAN

Germantown, TN

#4 Dec 11, 2009
pongo wrote:
You can not believe the coaches --- they all lie and look out for themselves. Tells the players that he was staying at Cincinnati and bolts a day later to ND. Why not man up and say "i am looking at the ND job". He is not the first coach to do this and will not be the last. But be a man about it and tell the players the truth, they are the ones who performed to open does for you to get this opportunity. If they did not perform you'ld of been fired.
Get a life. Cincinnati or NOTRE DAME.... DUH!!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#5 Dec 12, 2009
pongo wrote:
he did man up, but because the result wasn't to stay at Cincy and turn down a way better deal at a way better school, everyone is upset. How about these players pass on the NFL and decide to stay on and become grad assitants, yeah that isn't happening. If they have the opportunity to move on, they will. The only good thing about Cincy is Kings Island.
Expert

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Dec 12, 2009
Ciny has not played anyone this year. Look at the top 20!!!!!!!1 They suck!!!!!1

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#7 Dec 12, 2009
Expert wrote:
Ciny has not played anyone this year. Look at the top 20!!!!!!!1 They suck!!!!!1
Time/Result Audio/Video
Mon, Sep 7 at Rutgers W 47-15 --
Sat, Sep 12 Southeast Missouri State W 70-3 --
Sat, Sep 19 at Oregon State W 28-18 --
Sat, Sep 26 Fresno State W 28-20 --
Sat, Oct 3 at Miami (OH) W 37-13 --
Thu, Oct 15 at (21) South Florida W 34-17 --
Sat, Oct 24 Louisville W 41-10 --
Sat, Oct 31 at Syracuse W 28-7 --
Sat, Nov 7 Connecticut W 47-45 --
Fri, Nov 13 West Virginia W 24-21 --
Fri, Nov 27 Illinois W 49-36 --
Sat, Dec 5 at (14) Pittsburgh W 45-44

that is way a way better schedule than the pansy team they are playing in a bowl game.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#8 Dec 12, 2009
Sat, Sep 5 Charleston Southern W 62-3
Sat, Sep 12 Troy W 56-6
Sat, Sep 19 Tennessee W 23-13
Sat, Sep 26 at Kentucky W 41-7
Sat, Oct 10 at (4) LSU W 13-3
Sat, Oct 17 Arkansas W 23-20
Sat, Oct 24 at Mississippi State W 29-19
Sat, Oct 31 Georgia W 41-17
Sat, Nov 7 Vanderbilt W 27-3
Sat, Nov 14 at South Carolina W 24-14
Sat, Nov 21 FIU W 62-3
Sat, Nov 28 Florida State W 37-10
Sat, Dec 5 at (2) Alabama L 13-32

they should be embarrassed. They played Bama and a bad LSU team other than that, they played no one

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#9 Dec 12, 2009
Expert wrote:
look above dummy. You obviously haven't looked at schedules.
expert

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Dec 12, 2009
Are u stupid?????????? That proves my point. They are a 10 point dog against the second best team in the sec. That is pretty bad. U suck and cincy sucks. If they played Alabama they would be a 30 piont dog. They play in a sissy league and need to play better non league games. Vegas does not lie. They say the same thing I am saying. They went 12-0 and 10 piont dogs!!!!!!!!! dumba ss

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#11 Dec 13, 2009
expert wrote:
Are u stupid?????????? That proves my point. They are a 10 point dog against the second best team in the sec. That is pretty bad. U suck and cincy sucks. If they played Alabama they would be a 30 piont dog. They play in a sissy league and need to play better non league games. Vegas does not lie. They say the same thing I am saying. They went 12-0 and 10 piont dogs!!!!!!!!! dumba ss
Someone lied to you, how does someone as dumb as you call themselves expert. Should be Moron. You obviously don't understand college football or have never watched it. There is only one sissy league, it is the SEC. They play no one, just the weak SEC teams. There are only 2 decent SEC teams. Bama being very good, and Florida being above avg., after that it is a giant drop off. Go buy the book Football for Dummies, read it and then come back on here. The reason Florida will be favored in the game is because Cincy lost it's coach. Florida will suck next year. They have lost all of their coaches and the offensive talent is all gone (it left last year)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#12 Dec 13, 2009
BigDan wrote:
Sat, Sep 5 Charleston Southern W 62-3 Joke
Sat, Sep 12 Troy W 56-6 Joke
Sat, Sep 19 Tennessee W 23-13 Joke
Sat, Sep 26 at Kentucky W 41-7 Joke
Sat, Oct 10 at (4) LSU W 13-3 decent team on D, no offense
Sat, Oct 17 Arkansas W 23-20 should be embarrassed
Sat, Oct 24 at Mississippi State W 29-19 Should have lost, officals
Sat, Oct 31 Georgia W 41-17 ok win
Sat, Nov 7 Vanderbilt W 27-3 could only score 27? What a joke
Sat, Nov 14 at South Carolina W 24-14 played avg team
Sat, Nov 21 FIU W 62-3 Joke
Sat, Nov 28 Florida State W 37-10 Joke
Sat, Dec 5 at (2) Alabama L 13-32 finally played a good team and lost
they should be embarrassed. They played Bama and a bad LSU team other than that, they played no one
What a joke of a scedule

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#13 Dec 13, 2009
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke of a scedule
Dan why are you so down on the Gators !!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#14 Dec 13, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Dan why are you so down on the Gators !!!!
because i have said since early in the season that they were a good team, not a great team and everyone pretended that they were great. Look at their schedule, the only teams that they blew away are teams that over 100 other div I teams would blow away. I got am sick and tired of hearing about their fake greatness. I mean it is USC 2005 all over again, with the exception that U$C was better. Oh yeah, I hate Florida. They were a great team last year, not this year.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#15 Dec 13, 2009
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
because i have said since early in the season that they were a good team, not a great team and everyone pretended that they were great. Look at their schedule, the only teams that they blew away are teams that over 100 other div I teams would blow away. I got am sick and tired of hearing about their fake greatness. I mean it is USC 2005 all over again, with the exception that U$C was better. Oh yeah, I hate Florida. They were a great team last year, not this year.
I don't hate a team or conf but some teams get to much hype year in and year out !!! I think ND hired the best guy they could get right now !!! give him a few years to get things rolling !!! I proud of SABAN @ Alabama if he pulls off a Heisman & natl champ in just three yrs Kelly can turn ND back to being a power in a few yrs good luck Dan the storied programs always return !!!!

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#16 Dec 13, 2009
Brian Kelly = Nick Saban

What Brian Kelly did to Cincinatti is what Nick Saban did to LSU. They're both the same thing; and they're both VERY DISRESPECTFUL. They are both very bad role models! Both coaches let the kids down at both Cincinatti and LSU.:|
expert

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Dec 13, 2009
The best 2 conferences are in the Championship again. The 3 and 4 are in the Rose bowl. Cincy is good like a Mac team but not running with the big guys. You guys have done good. ND did get a good coach for them. Maybe they can finally win over half there games. If they do they will be ranked in the top 10!!!! lol Cincy could not beat Ole Mis.
Nd fan

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Dec 13, 2009
I agree!!! We could have got a better coach than him. Should have kept what we had until a good coach was open.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#19 Dec 13, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
Brian Kelly = Nick Saban
What Brian Kelly did to Cincinatti is what Nick Saban did to LSU. They're both the same thing; and they're both VERY DISRESPECTFUL. They are both very bad role models! Both coaches let the kids down at both Cincinatti and LSU.:|
I think LSU got what they deserved, who wouldn't turn their back on LSU. They are a school that you use as a stepping stone, they aren't a dream job.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#20 Dec 13, 2009
expert wrote:
The best 2 conferences are in the Championship again. The 3 and 4 are in the Rose bowl. Cincy is good like a Mac team but not running with the big guys. You guys have done good. ND did get a good coach for them. Maybe they can finally win over half there games. If they do they will be ranked in the top 10!!!! lol Cincy could not beat Ole Mis.
they would destroy easily every team in the SEC this year (not last year) with the exception of Bama and maybe Florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Pike Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where do Panthers turn at QB? (Jan '11) Mar '11 Anonymous 10
Panthers now must focus on offense (Jan '11) Jan '11 Shane Smith 1
Journeyman St. Pierre to start at QB for Panthers (Nov '10) Nov '10 achlop 1
Panthers QB Clausen has concussion; Panthers upset (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
2010 Cincinnati Football Predictions (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dave Harrison 1
Irish eyes focused on Crist's development (Jun '10) Jun '10 BigDan 1
Ex-Mizzou football player Saunders arrested (Apr '10) Apr '10 KC Beck 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tony Pike People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••