Olbermann, Patrick to team up on NBC

Olbermann, Patrick to team up on NBC

There are 41 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Olbermann, Patrick to team up on NBC. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are reuniting on television on NBC 's Sunday night NFL coverage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GHT

Portland, OR

#1 Jul 8, 2008
Patrick and Olbermann are a great pair. Silly at times but entertaining.
JDAZ

Tempe, AZ

#2 Jul 8, 2008
Patrick has twice the talent Olbermann has. Olbermann revealed himself as a nasty, self loathing person long ago.
PCK

Ripon, WI

#3 Jul 8, 2008
JDAZ wrote:
Patrick has twice the talent Olbermann has. Olbermann revealed himself as a nasty, self loathing person long ago.
Well said. I couldn't agree more. When you mix politics and sports you lose half of your audience. It seems losing large chunks of it's audience is one of NBC's strong suits these days, but if you were them, wouldn't you want a sports personality that doesn't eliminate millions of potential viewers simply because of that persons non-sports view points? Poor decision on the part of NBC
Darth Sidious

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jul 8, 2008
Great...another venue for Groucho Marx to spout his EXTREME left leaning bile.
GHT

Portland, OR

#5 Jul 8, 2008
JDAZ wrote:
He only appears mean to you because you are a Republican arsehole too dumb to know any better regarding your country's well being. You think Bush is th enext coming of the Lord (so does he). With that said, yes, it's possible NBC may lose potential viewership, however, the NFL rules and I'd watch it even if charles manson were the host.
Prospect Expert

Hyattsville, MD

#6 Jul 8, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>He only appears mean to you because you are a Republican arsehole too dumb to know any better regarding your country's well being. You think Bush is th enext coming of the Lord (so does he). With that said, yes, it's possible NBC may lose potential viewership, however, the NFL rules and I'd watch it even if charles manson were the host.
Agree completely with everything you wrote.

Well said!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 8, 2008
Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are both talented and it will be a treat to see them working every week on Sunday Night Football.

As for Olbermann, he's established himself as a fearless commentator, willing to speak truth to power.

Say what you will about his politics, Olbermann contradict that conservative old wives tale that only right wing talking heads are interesting or entertaining. Or capable of drawing an audience.
JDAZ

Tempe, AZ

#8 Jul 8, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>He only appears mean to you because you are a Republican arsehole too dumb to know any better regarding your country's well being. You think Bush is th enext coming of the Lord (so does he). With that said, yes, it's possible NBC may lose potential viewership, however, the NFL rules and I'd watch it even if charles manson were the host.
Oh yeah, Olbermann had a GREAT reputation before his current gig. How many jobs? How many bridges burned?

It seems as if you only like him because of his views. Look at the garbage he has you typing on message boards. Bush is lord? Go watch a Michael Moore movie.

I think the fact that you would watch Manson....says a bit about you.
JDAZ

Tempe, AZ

#9 Jul 8, 2008
strut2k wrote:
Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are both talented and it will be a treat to see them working every week on Sunday Night Football.
As for Olbermann, he's established himself as a fearless commentator, willing to speak truth to power.
Say what you will about his politics, Olbermann contradict that conservative old wives tale that only right wing talking heads are interesting or entertaining. Or capable of drawing an audience.
Truth to power? Holy crap...its worse than I thought. And you guys rip on right leaning talking heads? Look at the crap he has you believing?

Olbermann does NOT draw viewers. He spins his ratings like Wes Mantooth in Anchorman.

I guess his child like, neurotic, silly obsession with Bill O Reilly doesn't make for good TV.
Ravens

Manheim, PA

#10 Jul 8, 2008
Why would NBC even want Olbermann on Sunday night football?His ratings on MSNBC are lower then South Park re-run numbers.Thank god for radio.
Dave

Florence, KY

#11 Jul 8, 2008
Sorry. Sports are sports and politics are politics. Might as well add lard-butt Rosie to the mix.
GHT

Portland, OR

#12 Jul 8, 2008
JDAZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Olbermann had a GREAT reputation before his current gig. How many jobs? How many bridges burned?
It seems as if you only like him because of his views. Look at the garbage he has you typing on message boards. Bush is lord? Go watch a Michael Moore movie.
I think the fact that you would watch Manson....says a bit about you.
Olbermann and Patrick together, regardless of their religion, politics and sexual orientation are very entertaining. Who cares how many brdges he's burned? Obviously NBC doesn't and they are a lot better than you and I at picking hosts. Now get back on your knees and face the east towards Mecca and pray to Bush and Osama Bin Highest.
Gasper

AOL

#13 Jul 8, 2008
Keith Ubermoron on SNF? I'll never watch that. Just leave him and his disgusting idiotic leftist liberal rantings on MSNBC.
Favre

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Jul 8, 2008
I'm guessing you right wingers would like to see Rush Limbaugh back doing football analysis so he can explain why blacks aren't capable of being NFL quarterbacks.
GHT

Portland, OR

#15 Jul 8, 2008
Favre wrote:
I'm guessing you right wingers would like to see Rush Limbaugh back doing football analysis so he can explain why blacks aren't capable of being NFL quarterbacks.
LOL, great point!! Game, set, match. It's always good for them until they are exposed by someone of equal (in this case greater) talent and character.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#16 Jul 8, 2008
JDAZ wrote:
<quoted text>
...Olbermann does NOT draw viewers. He spins his ratings like Wes Mantooth in Anchorman...
NBC apparently does not agree with you. They brought him back, and solidified his presence by teaming him with Dan Patrick.

Even the great El Rushbo couldn't hold onto a TV football gig.
sigh

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 8, 2008
As long as there is no Chris Berman in sight, this is great. Back, back back back back.... whoop! whaaap! Man, I can't stand that guy!
Nora

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 8, 2008
I am a unabashed Olbermann fan and am excited to see him on Sunday Night Football. He is witty, smart and knows his stuff both sportswise and poltically.

Its funny to look at the posts saying he has low ratings or that he is a left wing nut, when O'Loufah's (OReilly) ratings are fading quickly and you really don't see Fox putting him on "prominent" news shows.
GHT

Portland, OR

#19 Jul 8, 2008
sigh wrote:
As long as there is no Chris Berman in sight, this is great. Back, back back back back.... whoop! whaaap! Man, I can't stand that guy!
Agreed, but, with that said, I do love the George Lopez, "stand back...Wapaaaaaaah" line.
GHT

Portland, OR

#20 Jul 8, 2008
Gasper wrote:
Keith Ubermoron on SNF? I'll never watch that. Just leave him and his disgusting idiotic leftist liberal rantings on MSNBC.
Gasper, make like a Friendly Ghost and be gone k?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Gonzalez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TE Gonzalez named to 14th Pro Bowl (Jan '14) Jan '14 WhoCaresAboutTheP... 1
News Falcons Rising Up In 2014: Levine Toilolo (Jan '14) Jan '14 K Sly 1
News Why the Green Bay Packers Should Be Calling the... (Oct '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Guilty plea in sex tape blackmail case (Oct '13) Oct '13 Naughtyrobot 8
News Atlanta Falcons ready to right the ship against... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Failcons Yawnfest 3
News Now a Falcon, Steven Jackson set to face origin... (Sep '13) Sep '13 decervant4 8
News Atlanta Falcons Quietly Winning in Free Agency (Mar '13) Mar '13 Todd 1
More from around the web