NFL Draft Order 2013: Teams in Prime Position to Snag Defensive Studs

Jan 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

An absence of high-profile skill players and lack of surefire franchise quarterbacks should mean the top 10 is littered with selections that will provide instant support to teams that have recently struggled to combat the league's high-octane offenses.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2013

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

It seems that most are talking defense in this years draft so with the 3rd overall pick I see no excuses for not being able to get a big time difference maker on defense...difference for the better that is.

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

With everything i've been hearing about this draft, there aren't skill position players worth a shit in the top 10 picks. Therefore, its gonna be very very difficult to trade down as there are no glittering QB's or WR's(as of yet, combine can change a lot!)

I just don't think a single defensive tackle is gonna change the game for our defense. A CB(or two) will help much more.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Corran Horn wrote:
I just don't think a single defensive tackle is gonna change the game for our defense. A CB(or two) will help much more.
That's the other problem...There's not really a game changing DB available either. I'd probably take a corner in a later round, but I'd go for a sure thing in round one especially at #3 overall. I'd probably go for OT Luke Joeckel, DE Deomantre Moore, or DT Star Lotulelei. Joeckel is too solid to pass on if he falls to us; if we take Moore, then I think Houston could move inside; if we take Star, then Houston stays put.

I think this is a good year to build our lines because linemen & linebackers seem to rule this draft. There's a few DBs and offensive skill players that may be worth a shot, but only a few...unless they prove us wrong.

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I agree. Build that o-line up. There seems to be great depth in the rounds 2 and 3 for other positions.
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the other problem...There's not really a game changing DB available either. I'd probably take a corner in a later round, but I'd go for a sure thing in round one especially at #3 overall. I'd probably go for OT Luke Joeckel, DE Deomantre Moore, or DT Star Lotulelei. Joeckel is too solid to pass on if he falls to us; if we take Moore, then I think Houston could move inside; if we take Star, then Houston stays put.
I think this is a good year to build our lines because linemen & linebackers seem to rule this draft. There's a few DBs and offensive skill players that may be worth a shot, but only a few...unless they prove us wrong.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Are there any free agent lists out yet? We could fill some needs that way

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tommy Kelly Discussions

Search the Tommy Kelly Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriots sign first-round draft pick Easley 20 hr Flatulence Fred 2
2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) May '14 Kaptain Kosar 80
Reggie McKenzie Chose This Path. Now It's Time ... Mar '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
Jones provides spark to Pats defense (Nov '13) Nov '13 Grogan 2
Patriots' Vince Wilfork likely out for season (Oct '13) Oct '13 Vince Wilfart 1
New England Patriots: Five Things To Watch Agai... (Aug '13) Aug '13 BarTender 2
Patriots DL Kelly adjusting to life with new team (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mensa4 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••