Colts cut DeMulling, O'Neil

Colts cut DeMulling, O'Neil

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 28, 2007, titled Colts cut DeMulling, O'Neil. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Veteran guard Rick DeMulling and veteran linebacker Keith O'Neil were two of 10 players pared from the roster today by the Indianapolis Colts in their attempt at reaching the NFL-mandated limit of 75.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jon

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2007
Boy, this is a tough time. I hope they don't cut Craphonso. I just like saying the name. I think I've got "Craphonso-Mania". You gotta like Craphonso many levels.
Daniel McLean

Annapolis, MD

#2 Aug 28, 2007
I feel like Josh Betts has a lot more firepower than Jim Sorgi and should be considered as Manning's primary backup. Betts seems like he has an easier time driving his team downfield.
hoax

Sidney, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2007
I was rooting for Mike McGann.
Rob C

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Aug 28, 2007
I'm surprised that Manning guy made the cut... I keep hearing that he can't win the big one.

;-)
Tim

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2007
Daniel McLean wrote:
I feel like Josh Betts has a lot more firepower than Jim Sorgi and should be considered as Manning's primary backup. Betts seems like he has an easier time driving his team downfield.
I agree. I like Sorgi and think he's a great backup to Peyton (specifically for Peyton, i.e., he doesn't get to play). But if we want somebody that might need to throw the ball should Peyton actually get injured, then I'd prefer Betts.
indyrugger

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 28, 2007
It will only get harder. Having been to camp twice this year and watching them on TV there will be some really good players getting cut on Saturday!Alot of our younger receivers and linemen would probably make other teams. It should be really interesting to see who we keep on the practice squad
Bdub

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Aug 28, 2007
Are you Betts's friend or something Daniel? I would say Sorgi made it look pretty easy on Saturday. I do agree that he should get a shot next year when Sorgi signs elsewhere.
Superbowl Man

Fortville, IN

#8 Aug 28, 2007
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I like Sorgi and think he's a great backup to Peyton (specifically for Peyton, i.e., he doesn't get to play). But if we want somebody that might need to throw the ball should Peyton actually get injured, then I'd prefer Betts.
I actually thought that as well, but don't quote me..

I think Sorgi Has better stats, ie higher completion percentages and more touchdowns.

It's just that Betts seems to hit timely passes, sometimes.

But also, forget it. We're never going to get a good backup like the Steelers or (yuk)Jags have until Manning is close to retiring, or if he gets injured (God forbid).
Lindy M

Helmsburg, IN

#9 Aug 28, 2007
Betts, by far, is better than Sorgi. Let Manning get ahold of him and we have a solid qb for the future.
Tom Edens

Newport, KY

#10 Aug 28, 2007
Daniel McLean wrote:
I agree I feel the same way.
Go Sorgi

United States

#11 Aug 28, 2007
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not there to play. Sorgi understands the offense and the play calls to the field, thats why he's there. He is there to help Manning decipher the defense as well. It is a given we are doomed if Manning doesn't play. Live by the sword and die by the sword as they say. Sorgi is worth what we pay him. Go Colts REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT!!!
Knows It

Jeffersonville, OH

#13 Aug 28, 2007
Daniel McLean wrote:
Did any of you bother to do some research on his college career? There is nothing consistant about that guy. The Redhawks sucked when he was QB
CNP

Brownsburg, IN

#14 Aug 28, 2007
Knows It wrote:
<quoted text>
Did any of you bother to do some research on his college career? There is nothing consistant about that guy. The Redhawks sucked when he was QB
Betts is more agile than Sorgi, but that is about it. Sorgi has a much better arm and makes better decisions. Betts looks better than he is because he is the last quarterback in going against 4th string defenses. He gets cupcake passes at the end of games.
Jack Brown

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Aug 28, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about Johnny Stanaford. Monrovia/Purdue grad. I know hes been on the practice sqaud past couple years but cant be one there this year because of NFL rules and regs.
Jim

Punxsutawney, PA

#16 Aug 28, 2007
The first cut is tough. Next Saturday? Don't be surprised to see more veterans go. Polian, etc. know how to pick young talent, especially undrafted talent.
Craphonso? I too hope he stays. I really like him even if he is a Florida State Seminole. Go Gators!
Reality

Kokomo, IN

#17 Aug 28, 2007
Jack Brown wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about Johnny Stanaford. Monrovia/Purdue grad. I know hes been on the practice sqaud past couple years but cant be one there this year because of NFL rules and regs.
John was signed to the team last year before the Cincinnati game.
Bart

AOL

#18 Aug 28, 2007
Bett's is better then Sorgi..No Doubt!
Country Boy

Aberdeen, MD

#19 Aug 28, 2007
What's up with DeMulling? He was part of THE O-Line a few years ago. Did the time spent in Detroit hurt him?
Jon

AOL

#20 Aug 28, 2007
They just brought DeMulling back so they'd have a chance against the Lions in preseason. Turned out pretty good. They're always thinking.
Jon

AOL

#21 Aug 28, 2007
Rob C wrote:
I'm surprised that Manning guy made the cut... I keep hearing that he can't win the big one.
;-)
He's connected - nobody really knows why he's still around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings' 2015 Offseason To-Do List (Jan '15) Jan '15 Magnum Man II 1
News Linval Joseph Shot at Nightclub, Gives Minnesot... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielwoman 3
News Some players won't be back after this game (Aug '07) Aug '07 WISE COLT FAN 2
News Colts secure free agents (Feb '07) Feb '07 COLTS IN 08 35
More from around the web