Standing Pats: Long-Term Deal for Welker Unlikely

Jul 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IHaveNet.com

Wide receiver Wes Welker may not get a long-term contract extension he is expecting from the New England Patriots as deadline for franchise-tagged players nears.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 3, 2012
ricky

United States

#1 Jul 31, 2012
what the hell are they thinkin not signin "WELKER"to a long term deal. He's the best in the game @ what he does. "COME ON MAN"
jmccabecpht

Gainesville, FL

#2 Aug 3, 2012
ricky wrote:
what the hell are they thinkin not signin "WELKER"to a long term deal. He's the best in the game @ what he does. "COME ON MAN"
I'm a big pats fan and of course wondered this as well. I'm pretty sure I have the answer though. We picked up top notch guys in gaffney, Lloyd, and got back dionte stallworth an to top it off have Aaron Hernandez and gronk..our offense is set. Welker is getting older but can still play solid so I think it's just ne wanting to spread more instead of focusing on one guy unless it's Brady of course... And don't forget his drop in the sb

I know I won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Brady Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady not wearing a Patriots uniform? Brace... 30 min Soon 2B Fartin Fred 5
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib 23 hr Flatulence Fred 330
Tom Brady is Impossible 23 hr Flatulence Fred 67
Wes Welker's Latest Concussion Validates New En... Aug 26 Flatulence Fred 7
AFC East Preview Capsules Aug 26 Flatulence Fred 4
2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Should Win (Dec '13) Aug 25 Flatulence Fred 458
Belichick rips Welker for 'deliberate' hit on T... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Flatulence Fred 10
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tom Brady People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••