Beep, beep. At start of tough road, R...

Beep, beep. At start of tough road, Ravens get run over

There are 114 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Beep, beep. At start of tough road, Ravens get run over. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

But with the exception of punter Sam Koch, there was not one positive thing that came out of Indianapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Dumb Idea Detector

Bristol, CT

#1 Oct 13, 2008
Hey Mike, tell us something we didn't already know.
OC John

Berlin, MD

#2 Oct 13, 2008
Mike, Mike I always thought you were objective and above all this anger and "let's dump on these guys". You are sounding like one of the radio/tv talk person who is yelling for Smith to be the QB. Tell me that's not your next article!! I was going to tell you to mentor dave s.
John

Ambler, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2008
You know Bill Polian once said the reason no one should pay attention to newspaper columinst when they anaylise what's wrong with a team is very simple. If they really knew anything about football they would be in the league working for a team not Monday morning Quaterbacking on their laptop. The comments of Mr Preston are a very good example of that statement, Oh and by the way the soft as butter Colt defense won a Super Bowl just 2 years ago in case you missed it.
Treadstone

San Francisco, CA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
Good article.
Baltimore Fan

AOL

#5 Oct 13, 2008
Preton's last paragraph says it all. Harbaugh doesn't have his team ready to play. He thinks that being a caricature of a Marine drill sergeant is how to run a professional football team. Problem is, that the people under his command are seasoned professionals, and not 18 year old kids. I am no psychologist, but his entire team looks like they hate -- absolutely hate -- playing for the guy. When you break the spirit of a team like that, you end up getting humiliated by, of all teams, the Indianapolis Colts (wearing what still are the best uniforms in football). Harbaugh needs to go.
unreal

Odenton, MD

#6 Oct 13, 2008
John wrote:
You know Bill Polian once said the reason no one should pay attention to newspaper columinst when they anaylise what's wrong with a team is very simple. If they really knew anything about football they would be in the league working for a team not Monday morning Quaterbacking on their laptop. The comments of Mr Preston are a very good example of that statement, Oh and by the way the soft as butter Colt defense won a Super Bowl just 2 years ago in case you missed it.
If you knew anything about sportswriting you'd be a sportwriter, and not Momday morning quarterbacking on a message board.
Pokey

Odenton, MD

#7 Oct 13, 2008
Baltimore Fan wrote:
Preton's last paragraph says it all. Harbaugh doesn't have his team ready to play. He thinks that being a caricature of a Marine drill sergeant is how to run a professional football team. Problem is, that the people under his command are seasoned professionals, and not 18 year old kids. I am no psychologist, but his entire team looks like they hate -- absolutely hate -- playing for the guy. When you break the spirit of a team like that, you end up getting humiliated by, of all teams, the Indianapolis Colts (wearing what still are the best uniforms in football). Harbaugh needs to go.
Harbaugh has brought much-needed discipline to a team who, under Billick, was treated like grown professional men, when in actuality they're a bunch of young men who need to learn to be professionals.

I don't know that I'd call Joe Flacco et al seasoned professionals, and, not being a psychologist either, I don't see people who look they hate him at all, but rather people who (before yesterday) are playing with needed intensity.
Sunshinery

Baltimore, MD

#8 Oct 13, 2008
Move over Orioles-another stinko team is in town!

“Ravens/Orioles fan in Jax Fla”

Since: Sep 07

Glen Burnie,Md(Jax Fla now)

#9 Oct 13, 2008
It's only just begun,they were lucky they started the season against 2 weak teams,they have the 4th hardest schedule in the NFL,hopefully they can beat Cleveland and Cincinnati again,if not,they are looking at horrible season.
Willey

Hunt Valley, MD

#10 Oct 13, 2008
The young man Biscotti's clear, effective communicating organization sure is a blast to watch!

Don't worry, Steve and Dick Cass will get things on the right track!
RavensFaninNY

Edmonton, Canada

#11 Oct 13, 2008
Beep Beep. Mike Preston for playing the blame game for a loss that was the fault of the entire team, not just Flacco, McCalister or the O-Line.

Beep Beep Mike Preston...how about the two running back fumbles...how about Figures never making it to the 20 yard line...oh wait...Beep Beep, Mike Preston loves to pick on certain parts of the team to further his own agenda. This was a team loss so stop pointing fingers.
robmeg34

Prince Frederick, MD

#12 Oct 13, 2008
RavensFaninNY wrote:
Beep Beep. Mike Preston for playing the blame game for a loss that was the fault of the entire team, not just Flacco, McCalister or the O-Line.
Beep Beep Mike Preston...how about the two running back fumbles...how about Figures never making it to the 20 yard line...oh wait...Beep Beep, Mike Preston loves to pick on certain parts of the team to further his own agenda. This was a team loss so stop pointing fingers.
He used to be able to just blame Brian Billick. And he would love to talk about how much more creative Cam Cameron's offense is & talk about flooding zones & running drag routes have really helped the Ravens O. But unfortunately for poor Preston, our offense still stinks & Billick is nowhere around to blame.

Since: Sep 08

Catonsville, MD

#13 Oct 13, 2008
THe Ravens are rapidly joining the Orioles as known losers (and in the Ravens' case hoods/criminals) in their respective leagues.

I would say this reflects poorly on Baltimore, but as a 45+ year native I'm beginning to thing this IS a loser town. We certainly have the hoods/criminals part covered.

The best thing that could happen to both teams is a crrash of their team planes. Get the front offices aboard too.

Losers
BobbyWoontz

Dover, DE

#14 Oct 13, 2008
I can't wait till Harbaugh's "dynasty" starts!
PJG

Owings Mills, MD

#15 Oct 13, 2008
"I like the way our team continued to compete ... I like the way they are going to handle adversity." It appears that Harbaugh is slightly delusional. The Colts had mercy on the Ravens yesterday; they could have scored 50 points easy. Let's see: Rookie QB thrown into the fire, giving up on the run too early, special teams sucks, defense doesn't know when to blitz or not. Maybe it wasn't all Billick's fault as many people WANT to believe.
Billick

Baltimore, MD

#16 Oct 13, 2008
this article is childish, 1 bad game out 5 and you jump all over it like a krispy kreme.

they're going to bounce back and win the next 4 games.

Since: Sep 08

Catonsville, MD

#17 Oct 13, 2008
How many decades do the Ravens have to have such a non-existant offense before Ozzie gets fired.

Up until this season, Matt Stovers should have had "Offense" stenciled across the back of his jersey and now his skills/abilities seem to be rapidly deteriorating.
brandon

San Francisco, CA

#18 Oct 13, 2008
beep beep, preston is a hack, beep beep, still.
Rich

Washington, DC

#19 Oct 13, 2008
Here's a great article only a few weeks ago that Mike wrote about the Raven's being "For Real" this year! What a joke!(He also predicted a win yesterday) It's gonna be a loooong season! http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/b...
Tom

Westminster, MD

#20 Oct 13, 2008
Couldn't agree more thanks for the great article. I am tired of everybody kissing Flacco butt. He doesn't look like the franchise quarterback everyone thought he was. I wish they could bench Flacco but we don't have anybody else right now. They need to bench Yamon Figurs he is awful!!! And finally Coach Harbaugh is in way over his head. Cam Cameron is the answer? Same cr@$ different year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Heap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snap judgments: Turnover can be good (May '13) May '13 south philly 1
News 4 mins. ago - NFL to start suspending players f... (Oct '10) Jan '12 Better Judgement 13
News Baltimore Sun picks: Ravens vs. Titans (Oct '08) Nov '11 Steel 72
News Fans Rejoice as NFL Lockout Ends (Jul '11) Jul '11 Marques Carter 2
News Ravens lead Steelers 21-7 at halftime (Jan '11) Feb '11 Hair 31
News AFC Divisional Recap: Ravens Eat Crow (Jan '11) Jan '11 Annoyed 1
News Steelers 31, Ravens 24: Roethlisberger's big pa... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jonathan S 1
More from around the web