Steelers beat Ravens, 23-20, jumble A...

Steelers beat Ravens, 23-20, jumble AFC race

There are 119 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Dec 27, 2009, titled Steelers beat Ravens, 23-20, jumble AFC race. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Jeff Reed's 38-yard field goal put Pittsburgh ahead with 5:25 remaining and the Steelers finally managed to hold a fourth-quarter lead, beating division rival Baltimore 23-20 on Sunday to remain in playoff contention and further jumble the AFC postseason race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PittsburghrulzRa vens

Dover, PA

#110 Jan 17, 2010
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very happy with the Ravens season even if we lose in Indy. When we can extend our season into the playoffs I'm happy. Plus, it's more than steeler fans can say. This is a bonus for Ravens fans that the steelers COULD NOT provide to their fans.
At least when the Steelers make the playoffs they win the Super Bowl. Great game against the Colts....Ravens offense SUCKS. New England gave them everthing last week and Indy tried to help them this week but Reed and Rice had butter fingers...LOL

Can't wait to continue the streak next year, there have been 4 Christmas Days pass since the Ravens have beaten Ben Roethlisberger...LMAO....4 years!!!
Dabney Carr

United States

#111 Jan 17, 2010
Are you saying that fat wigger is your entire team?? That's something to be proud of.

And please remind us... in how many playoff games did the Squealers participate this year? Yeah that's right. The answer is ZERO!

Bye loser.

PittsburghrulzRavens wrote:
<quoted text>
At least when the Steelers make the playoffs they win the Super Bowl. Great game against the Colts....Ravens offense SUCKS. New England gave them everthing last week and Indy tried to help them this week but Reed and Rice had butter fingers...LOL
Can't wait to continue the streak next year, there have been 4 Christmas Days pass since the Ravens have beaten Ben Roethlisberger...LMAO....4 years!!!
Six-Count Em-SIX

Dover, PA

#112 Jan 17, 2010
Dabney Carr wrote:
Are you saying that fat wigger is your entire team?? That's something to be proud of.
And please remind us... in how many playoff games did the Squealers participate this year? Yeah that's right. The answer is ZERO!
Bye loser.
<quoted text>
It's all about the trophys, not the number of playoff games. Steelers got 6!!!!!! 2 out of the last 4!!!!!!!
Dabney Carr

Bethpage, NY

#113 Jan 18, 2010
So what? The 49ers, Cowboys and Patriots have multiple trophies too and where are they?
Six-Count Em-SIX wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about the trophys, not the number of playoff games. Steelers got 6!!!!!! 2 out of the last 4!!!!!!!
PittsburghrulzRa vens

Dover, PA

#114 Jan 18, 2010
Dabney Carr wrote:
So what? The 49ers, Cowboys and Patriots have multiple trophies too and where are they?
<quoted text>
They don't have 6 and they haven't won 2 out of the last 4. Pittsburgh Steelers #1 Super Bowl team in the NFL!!!!!!!!!

What's our name? Play like a Steeler, a 6 time Super Bowl Champion!
Jack

Etters, PA

#115 Jan 18, 2010
<quoted text>
They don't have 6 and they haven't won 2 out of the last 4. Pittsburgh Steelers #1 Super Bowl team in the NFL!!!!!!!!!
What's our name? Play like a Steeler, a 6 time Super Bowl Champion!
Those who talk much about the past, usually don't have much to speak of in the present.
Jack

Etters, PA

#116 Jan 18, 2010
<quoted text>
What's our name? Play like a Steeler
Another bitter, Ravens obsessed steelers fan!

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#117 Jan 18, 2010
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who talk much about the past, usually don't have much to speak of in the present.
I'll talk past, present, and future.

The present is we are both in the offseason.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#118 Jan 18, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll talk past, present, and future.
The present is we are both in the offseason.
Well said. Let's talk about the draft. There are tons of mock drafts already out there, believe it or not, and the majority have us taking Terrance Coty, the behemoth of a NT from Alabama. I'm delirious with joy at the prospect--I would LOVE to see them go NT with the 1st pick. They're not going to have the leisure to develop a major project at the position, especially if it's true they're NOT planning to franchise Hampton (he claims they promised him they wouldn't). Start Hoke and let Coty sub. Man, I hope this actually happens.

Latrobe, PA

#119 Jan 18, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. Let's talk about the draft. There are tons of mock drafts already out there, believe it or not, and the majority have us taking Terrance Coty, the behemoth of a NT from Alabama. I'm delirious with joy at the prospect--I would LOVE to see them go NT with the 1st pick. They're not going to have the leisure to develop a major project at the position, especially if it's true they're NOT planning to franchise Hampton (he claims they promised him they wouldn't). Start Hoke and let Coty sub. Man, I hope this actually happens.
Yes, that guy Coty is a beast...I hate to to dream, but it is what it is. I would hate to see Casey go, and I think he may have a year or so left in him if they could get a budget friendly deal, but between a rookie, Hoke, Sonny Harris, and Ziggy; they might have a formidable rotation without Casey.

That said, we definetly need to get a NT, Center, Guard or Tackle, CB/Safety, and maybe another LB (we seem abit light in the linebacker department for the first time in a long time).
THE HONKY TONK MAN

Phoenix, AZ

#120 Jan 18, 2010
<quoted text>
DUMB ASS we are going to beat yall next season too with or without rothlisberger we already got our 2010 opponents we have a promising schedule the easiest team we play next year is the steelers

Latrobe, PA

#121 Jan 18, 2010
THE HONKY TONK MAN wrote:
<quoted text>DUMB ASS we are going to beat yall next season too with or without rothlisberger we already got our 2010 opponents we have a promising schedule the easiest team we play next year is the steelers
Your schedule means nothing, we'll play you two times no matter what.
THE HONKY TONK MAN

Phoenix, AZ

#122 Jan 18, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Your schedule means nothing, we'll play you two times no matter what.
Oh it means alot considering the fact you guys didn't have to play the colts or the patriots ,funny how the defending superbowl champs didn't have a tough schedule at all this season if WE had the schedule you guys had we wold have had been a top seed it's amazing to me how you guys got an easy schedule pretty much laying the red carpet down for you to go to the playoffs again we have to fight for it year in and year out we have not had a cake walk schedule in a loooong time

Latrobe, PA

#123 Jan 18, 2010
<quoted text>Oh it means alot considering the fact you guys didn't have to play the colts or the patriots ,funny how the defending superbowl champs didn't have a tough schedule at all this season if WE had the schedule you guys had we wold have had been a top seed it's amazing to me how you guys got an easy schedule pretty much laying the red carpet down for you to go to the playoffs again we have to fight for it year in and year out we have not had a cake walk schedule in a loooong time
Are you new to the NFL and how scheduling works? Its pre-determined the only difference, we finished in 1st last year and the Ravens 2nd in the AFC North. We drew the 1st place schedule, which pits us against two other first place opponents from the prior year (Titans, Dolphins), while you Ravens played the 2nd place finishers in the same divisions, Colts and Patriots. All other opponents in the remaining 14 games are exactly the same.

Next season is exactly the same 14 games as you Ravens, except we draw two 3rd place opponents, and you draw two second place opponents from the same divisions.

Here are the 2010 opposing team matchups for the two teams at issue:

2. Baltimore Ravens
Home: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Away: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

3. Pittsburgh Steelers
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers
Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

If you aren't sure, the NFL.com site has the scheduling breakout.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#124 Jan 19, 2010
<quoted text>Oh it means alot considering the fact you guys didn't have to play the colts or the patriots ,funny how the defending superbowl champs didn't have a tough schedule at all this season if WE had the schedule you guys had we wold have had been a top seed it's amazing to me how you guys got an easy schedule pretty much laying the red carpet down for you to go to the playoffs again we have to fight for it year in and year out we have not had a cake walk schedule in a loooong time
Biff just did a nice job explaining NFL scheduling to you, so I don't need to go there, but I will make (what should be) an obvious point: the Steelers did have an easier schedule than the previous year, and they suffered for it. They're a team that plays really well with a chip on its collective shoulder, and when they had the hardest schedule in NFL history, they used that fact as a rallying cry. This year, with a bunch of cream puffs in their way, they just couldn't seem to get the fire their eyes. Next year, the schedule looks much harder again, and I'm happy about that.
Bob Roberts

East Butler, PA

#125 Jan 19, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Biff just did a nice job explaining NFL scheduling to you, so I don't need to go there, but I will make (what should be) an obvious point: the Steelers did have an easier schedule than the previous year, and they suffered for it. They're a team that plays really well with a chip on its collective shoulder, and when they had the hardest schedule in NFL history, they used that fact as a rallying cry. This year, with a bunch of cream puffs in their way, they just couldn't seem to get the fire their eyes. Next year, the schedule looks much harder again, and I'm happy about that.
well said rex. the steelers tend to play to the competition. the tougher the team the better they play.
PittsburghrulzRa vens

Dover, PA

#126 Jan 24, 2010
Hey dumb ass, NFL schedules are set SEVEN years in advance. No one is GIVEN an easy schedule. Only two teams are based on how you finished the prior year, the other 14 games are the same as the other teams in your division. Stop spewing lies.
PittsburghrulzRa vens

Dover, PA

#127 Jan 24, 2010
<quoted text>DUMB ASS we are going to beat yall next season too with or without rothlisberger we already got our 2010 opponents we have a promising schedule the easiest team we play next year is the steelers
You haven't beaten Roethlisberger in 4 years, why are you so sure about it now? Roethlisberger owns the Ravens, they just have to tip their caps and call him their Daddy.
Six-Count Em-SIX

Dover, PA

#128 Jan 24, 2010
<quoted text>
You haven't beaten Roethlisberger in 4 years, why are you so sure about it now? Roethlisberger owns the Ravens, they just have to tip their caps and call him their Daddy.
LMAO....just like Pedro and the Yankees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Heap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snap judgments: Turnover can be good (May '13) May '13 south philly 1
News 4 mins. ago - NFL to start suspending players f... (Oct '10) Jan '12 Better Judgement 13
News Baltimore Sun picks: Ravens vs. Titans (Oct '08) Nov '11 Steel 72
News Fans Rejoice as NFL Lockout Ends (Jul '11) Jul '11 Marques Carter 2
News Ravens lead Steelers 21-7 at halftime (Jan '11) Feb '11 Hair 31
News AFC Divisional Recap: Ravens Eat Crow (Jan '11) Jan '11 Annoyed 1
News Steelers 31, Ravens 24: Roethlisberger's big pa... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jonathan S 1