Road test

Road test

There are 103 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 29, 2008, titled Road test. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Joe Flacco returns tonight to Pittsburgh, the place he started his college career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
OC John

Ocean City, MD

#1 Sep 29, 2008
I think we make too big of a thing out of a football game. One team will win and one wont. If the Ravens win, great. And if Joe does well that is also great. I don't think he will panic, because it's up to his supporting cast to lend a hand and take advantage of what the Stellers give him or he takes from them. At least he is in the pros.
Rich

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2008
I agree with OC John. It's all very exciting with Harbaugh, his staff, and Flacco bringing such expectations. We may win we may lose, but I expect us to play a very tough, and very sound football game. Go Ravens! Ravens 26 - Sreelers 16.
Myles

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Sep 29, 2008
I agree with OC John to some extent. It is just one game and it alone wont define this team or Joe. It will be a measuring stick of where we are as a team and how Joe responds on the road.

I hope that, if Joe takes his lumps tonight, people dont jump off the bandwagon. Lets get behind this guy and support him through thick and thin.

Lets go Flacco !!!!


pstroms

United States

#4 Sep 29, 2008
There is always going to be extra press and hype for a Monday night game, no matter who plays. Remember, MNF has been around forever and the focus is only on 2 teams. I can't wait. Hopefully the Ravens take advantage of their only MNF appearance this year.

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

#5 Sep 29, 2008
Tonight could be ugly for Flacco. Hopefully the Ravens get a lead so they can grind it out, b/c if Flacco has to throw the ball a lot it could mean at least a fumble and INT.
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#6 Sep 29, 2008
you have a shoret memory, Big Ben had his first taste against the Ravens and git his a__ handed to him, get it right if you are going to write about it!
Sammy

Suisun City, CA

#7 Sep 29, 2008
Flacco beat Navy 59- 52 in front of 35,213 in attendance.
MIke

Baltimore, MD

#8 Sep 29, 2008
Mike B wrote:
you have a shoret memory, Big Ben had his first taste against the Ravens and git his a__ handed to him, get it right if you are going to write about it!
...i think he was referring to Ben's first start on the road. Remember, Big Ben didn't start the ravens game, he came in to replace an injured Maddux.
Guru

Vienna, VA

#9 Sep 29, 2008
Flacco's in the company of John Elway and Ryan Leaf, huh? Talk about polar opposites! I never thought I'd say this, but I really hope he ends up being more like Elway!
Biff

Bethpage, NY

#10 Sep 29, 2008
MIke wrote:
<quoted text>
...i think he was referring to Ben's first start on the road. Remember, Big Ben didn't start the ravens game, he came in to replace an injured Maddux.
Very astute of you, I was just getting ready to say that. His first start was on the road in Miami, during Hurricane Jeanne. In the game where he came in for Maddox against the Ravens, he actually played better than Maddox (the game was in hand though, so maybe it was a prevent defense), the Ravens were 'taking it' to my boys, Ben actually played better, in an otherwise route by B-more.
Harry

Rochester, NY

#11 Sep 29, 2008
Pitts has a better run defense than either of the Ravens first two opp. So, the coaching staff better already be game planning to have to pass more. Strangely the rookie Qb, Flacco is not the limiting factor in the passing game, its the wrs and tes. Other than Mason none of the other wrs have shown any consistancy or big play ability for that matter. Heap seems to still be injured or a shell of the Pro Bowl player he used to be. The Ravens have one glaring weakness and that is Big play Wrs and until they solve that problem, Harbuagh's formula for winning is the same as Billick's, run the ball, play defense and hope the defense gets turn overs and scores.
Mongo

Bowling Green, VA

#12 Sep 29, 2008
When asked if he would be affected y the noise of his first road game, against well-supported division rival Pittsburgh no less, Flacco said he thought he would be just fine and had plenty of experience playing in noisy road games, citing the dome at Northern Illinois as a prime example.

Comparing a Steelers road game to a road game against Northern Illinois? Either Flacco is ridiculously naive, or he is improbably that calm, cool and collected.
FireTrembley

United States

#13 Sep 29, 2008
Prediction...we ruin Joe Flacco tonight. We throw him to the dogs as a rookie and destroy his confidence. He takes hit after hit and turns the ball over at least 3 times.
_READ_

Sterling, VA

#14 Sep 29, 2008
Flacco's biggest obstacle tonight will be reading blitzes at the line of scrimmage. If he does that and hits the hot receiver, he'll do fine tonight because the running game will be in full effect!
FireTrembley

United States

#15 Sep 29, 2008
_READ_ wrote:
Flacco's biggest obstacle tonight will be reading blitzes at the line of scrimmage. If he does that and hits the hot receiver, he'll do fine tonight because the running game will be in full effect!
So what you're saying is if Flacco plays well...he'll play well. Thanks for the indepth analysis. Pretty sure Troy P. comes away with at least one pick in this game.
Richard H

Owings Mills, MD

#16 Sep 29, 2008
Alright Joe here comes primetime. Nice reads, clean hand-offs, no picks. Keep the Flacco composure and lets rock and roll.

Lets go Flacco!!

Go Ravens!!
Richard H

Owings Mills, MD

#17 Sep 29, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
Prediction...we ruin Joe Flacco tonight. We throw him to the dogs as a rookie and destroy his confidence. He takes hit after hit and turns the ball over at least 3 times.
I believe that is going to be Ben my shoulder is tender loin Rothesburger.

He better hope his front line is strong. Or he might be holding his right arm while walking off the field. You know the Ravens are going to be puttin some HOT SAUCE on it.

P.S. thanks for finally exposing that you are a squeelers fan on this post.
FireTrembley

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2008
Richard H wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that is going to be Ben my shoulder is tender loin Rothesburger.
He better hope his front line is strong. Or he might be holding his right arm while walking off the field. You know the Ravens are going to be puttin some HOT SAUCE on it.
P.S. thanks for finally exposing that you are a squeelers fan on this post.
Not a Steelers fan. I live in Federal Hill and grew up in Baltimore. I'm just realistic.

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Harry wrote:
Pitts has a better run defense than either of the Ravens first two opp. So, the coaching staff better already be game planning to have to pass more. Strangely the rookie Qb, Flacco is not the limiting factor in the passing game, its the wrs and tes. Other than Mason none of the other wrs have shown any consistancy or big play ability for that matter. Heap seems to still be injured or a shell of the Pro Bowl player he used to be. The Ravens have one glaring weakness and that is Big play Wrs and until they solve that problem, Harbuagh's formula for winning is the same as Billick's, run the ball, play defense and hope the defense gets turn overs and scores.
Without Colston, the Saints don't have any big play WRs but their offense operates just fine.

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

#20 Sep 29, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
Prediction...we ruin Joe Flacco tonight. We throw him to the dogs as a rookie and destroy his confidence. He takes hit after hit and turns the ball over at least 3 times.
Flacco wasn't thrown in there, he is the starter by default at this point. I'm not happy about a rookie starting either but it isn't like the Ravens had a choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Heap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snap judgments: Turnover can be good (May '13) May '13 south philly 1
News 4 mins. ago - NFL to start suspending players f... (Oct '10) Jan '12 Better Judgement 13
News Baltimore Sun picks: Ravens vs. Titans (Oct '08) Nov '11 Steel 72
News Fans Rejoice as NFL Lockout Ends (Jul '11) Jul '11 Marques Carter 2
News Ravens lead Steelers 21-7 at halftime (Jan '11) Feb '11 Hair 31
News AFC Divisional Recap: Ravens Eat Crow (Jan '11) Jan '11 Annoyed 1
News Steelers 31, Ravens 24: Roethlisberger's big pa... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jonathan S 1
More from around the web