No excessive celebration

No excessive celebration

There are 26 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 10, 2008, titled No excessive celebration. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens are a team known NFL -wide for enjoying a celebration or two. In fact, some days you would think they had Kool & the Gang piped right into their helmets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chi Chi

Glen Burnie, MD

#21 Nov 10, 2008
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
More accurate to say Billick never adjusted to coaching a veteran team which did a good job policing itself, to the post-Super Bowl squads which lacked similar veteran presence in the locker room. That said, it is nice to see today's veterans like Ray Lewis have bought in to the new regime. One of the reasons why we have likely seen the last of McAlister-- talented guy and better than whoever will take his place next season, but cannot get his head around the fact Harbaugh the new sheriff in town.
Gee, that's funny I seem to remember Billick banning the 2000 team from saying the word "playoffs" until they had officially clinched (while Harbaugh goes on MNF talking about dynasties and multiple championships). I also remember Billick sending McAllister home from San Diego before a game vs. the Chargers (something Harbaugh did not do in Miami).

But if everyone's world makes sense if they can blame Brian Billick for every short-coming the Ravens ever had, who am I to spool the party with facts and reason?
Mike

Boston, MA

#22 Nov 10, 2008
I agree that the secondary is a cause for concern, but honestly teams trying running the ball in the first and second quarter and realize they can't. they fall behind and have no choice but throw and often.

The team thats throws every down will have the best chance to beat the Ravens. Which might be Philly and Westbrook coming out of the backfeild the way he does.
BaltimoreJohnNSe attle

Olympia, WA

#23 Nov 10, 2008
Stay on point Ravens. Protect Flacco and hope Ray Ray and Suggs have great games. Take out the Giants. Then take on the Stealers, Titans and maybe the Irsays(Colts)rematch in the playoffs. Go Ravens!!!!- A shoutout to the RavensNation from the Pacific Northwest!
Mark

New York, NY

#24 Nov 10, 2008
Chi Chi wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that's funny I seem to remember Billick banning the 2000 team from saying the word "playoffs" until they had officially clinched (while Harbaugh goes on MNF talking about dynasties and multiple championships). I also remember Billick sending McAllister home from San Diego before a game vs. the Chargers (something Harbaugh did not do in Miami).
But if everyone's world makes sense if they can blame Brian Billick for every short-coming the Ravens ever had, who am I to spool the party with facts and reason?
Billick was one of the worst coaches in history. Billick was famous for hiding behind lameduck offensive coordinators and never made any in-game adjustments (You mean to tell me that Fassell did not know how to run an offense) He is a person who had a top 10 defense every year for 10 years and did NOT win at least 2 championships. This is the same coach who would have needed 20 years to create some type of relevant or respectable offense something he did not do at all here in baltimore. His name should be banned
Bruce

United States

#25 Nov 10, 2008
You gotta love their attitude. Pretty refreshing for a change.
Strangebru

Glen Burnie, MD

#26 Nov 10, 2008
The Kool and the Gang reference reminded me of going to Baltimore Blast games in the 70's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Heap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snap judgments: Turnover can be good (May '13) May '13 south philly 1
News 4 mins. ago - NFL to start suspending players f... (Oct '10) Jan '12 Better Judgement 13
News Baltimore Sun picks: Ravens vs. Titans (Oct '08) Nov '11 Steel 72
News Fans Rejoice as NFL Lockout Ends (Jul '11) Jul '11 Marques Carter 2
News Ravens lead Steelers 21-7 at halftime (Jan '11) Feb '11 Hair 31
News AFC Divisional Recap: Ravens Eat Crow (Jan '11) Jan '11 Annoyed 1
News Steelers 31, Ravens 24: Roethlisberger's big pa... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jonathan S 1
More from around the web