No tear, so cut a deal for Grossman

No tear, so cut a deal for Grossman

There are 85 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 7, 2007, titled No tear, so cut a deal for Grossman. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Please resist referring to Rex Grossman as injury-prone because a missed block Thursday night resulted in his fourth injury in five NFL seasons - a sprained knee not nearly as serious as originally feared.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rex to Miami

Atlanta, GA

#85 Dec 10, 2007
I think Rex should go to the Dolphins. He could play in a state where at least, at one time, he was actually a decent QB. He needs out of Chicago - we don't want him. The Dolphins need a QB and may take a chance on him. Ironic, Rex goes to the team where Brian's daddy was a hall of fame QB....

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#86 Dec 10, 2007
reader1 wrote:
What would be the damage letting Orton play? He can't do any worse the Griese and he could be better then Rex. How do we know until he plays? Rex is a has been, especially when he makes remarks like he did a few weeks back..."we can still make the playoffs" Football is not a one person sport, it takes a team.
According to David "I Love Rexy" Haugh in today's online Bears Chat, Kyle Orton will start at QB against Minnesota Vikings!!

YAY, about freakin' time!! Go Kyle, go Bears!!
Bob

United States

#87 Dec 19, 2007
Is Orton still worth a first day draft pick, Haugh? Is he? ROFLMAO
big al

Amston, CT

#88 Dec 28, 2007
rflashj wrote:
I agree. Sign him up and lets draft some more-needed linemen.
let the bears get Mcnabb we need him.
Jose C

United States

#89 Dec 28, 2007
Rex is a bad quarterback! He is injury prone, too short for the quarterback position. rarely scrambles and when he does he is too slow to get away from anybody. he does have a good arm, but he makes some bad decisions and he can't even handle simple exchanges from the center to himself.
let him go, and lets bring in the hometown boy Mcnabb. I know that he is also injury prone but i am willing to take a gamble on that because he is so good when he is not injured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears backup Caleb Hanie looking out for No. 2 (Aug '11) Aug '11 Walkfarts 2
News Martz expresses confidence in backup QB Hanie (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Bears are Prime Example of Why Packers Should K... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Rodgers leads Pack to Super Bowl, beat Bears 21-14 (Feb '11) Feb '11 gather 3
News Coach: Bears' Cutler sprained ligament (Jan '11) Jan '11 LOL 1
News Injury to insult: Bears QB Jay Cutler falls fla... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 15
News Rodgers Leads Pack To Super Bowl, Beat Bears 21... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Anonymous 4
More from around the web