Chiefs make a play for Printers

Full story: The Vancouver Sun

With an NCAA championship, school records and a brilliant Rose Bowl performance under his belt, University of Texas quarterback Vince Young is leaving his college highlight reel behind him and heading to the ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2006
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JAN SCHENK

Since: Jan 06

Saint Clair, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2006

I think the chiefs should go for him. No draft pick to lose. We can see what he realy looks likes up close, we done worse.
EJB

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2006

He will be drafted by the Titans who have the 3rd pick. He is ideal as an understudy for McNair for one season and may even take over as the starter under McNair's tutoring for the rest of the season, if the Titans are out of contention.
jerry

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2006

let em go to the titans. kc already has a running back. we need someone who can scramble and pass. trent is pretty good, but age will catch up to him to fast. hey herman, find someone with an arm.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2006

What the Chiefs Need is Either another solid corner or a good pass rushing DT, both through the draft. However The Sighning of Printers would give the Chiefs a Qb of the Future
Benfield

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2006

Printers is a good QB. I've seen him play and he's very good. KC has a good talent and with Trent Green at the helm, it's the perfect time for this young talented QB to learn.
poppa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2006

Any qb can beat Collins
bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2006

poppa wrote:
Any qb can beat Collins
Apparently the Redskins know a little (make that a lot more) about QB's than you do.

P.S. How is your $2.5M doing??????
The Real LJ

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2006

redskins overpaid whats up KING CARL
T Cavanuh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2006

I think Damon Huard is the future in KC. I expect him to beat out TG for the job in camp, and open the season in a major way
The Real LJ

Osage Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2006

T Cavanuh wrote:
I think Damon Huard is the future in KC. I expect him to beat out TG for the job in camp, and open the season in a major way
What are you ten. You stay put now!!!!!!!!
Bill

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2006

Damon Huard haha are you serious what we need to do is pick up a DT and a CB in free agency and draft Chad Jackson Sammie Parker aint getting the job done Eddie is old and printer will be fine Trent will teach him
keith

Sapulpa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2006

Trent is very solid. In the last three years his stats are only surpassed by manning and brady. He needs a good young backup who can learn the offense. Eddie has the same situation. We need a corner opposite surtain and a rushing dt.
joe

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2006

anyone who think damon huard will beat TG for the starting spot in camp knows nothing about football.. yes trent is aging and the chiefs need to draft a quality back up who can learn the chiefs offense from a great vetern QB like green
dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2006

To all Trent Green fans...please go to ESPN's football site and look up their statistics breakdown on various starting QB's...Green has the worst completion rate in the league for passes over 20 yds...also the fewest attempts...(example Drew Brees: 115 completions over 20 yds/Green: 20. NO ARM STRENTGTH. Then see how many losses we've had when the running game produced over 150 yds & 3 touchdowns. Please don't say the defense, the vast majority of these games Green threw at least 1 or 2 picks in the red zone that were returned for touchdowns.(10 to 14 point swing in one play). Take away the league's best OL and running game, then what? Also, his salary nearly doubles most QB's (like Tom Brady). After every bad game Vermeil would ooze over Green's play, and not even mention LJ's 200 yd performance...RIDCULOUS! Nice guy, Bad QB, No SuperBowl.
bret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

dan, i agree with what you say about trent green and his arm strength and all. However, he is a good fit for the system that Kansas City has instilled in the offense. The Chiefs lack a big time deep threat reciever, execpt for Samie Parker, where the verdict is still out. However, the Chiefs base their offense around Tony Gonzalez and the play action. But what hurts Green's completion rating is that Gonzalez is double and sometimes tripled teamed. Also, it dosent help Green's numbers when Eddied Kenninson drops the ball constantly either, and he's our #1 reciever. Therefore I agree with you that Green isn't great, but he's good enough, remember there was another Chief player, abiet he only stayed for a short while, but nevertheless had a weak arm, and his name was Joe Montana. Im not comparing Green to Joe, but what works is what works. Brodie Croyle has a cannon for an arm and will be ready in two years. Until then Green will suffice.
Eddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

I agree with the 10 year old dude. Huard is brutal. Tough. He'll fool all of us in camp this year. Pack your bag TG. Huard is taking us all the way.
ian brennan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2006

Guys... Trent green has thrown for 4000 yds in three consecutive years isnt that pretty darn good
Matt in KC

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2006

Your a fool.
Matt in KC

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2006

Your a fool.
dan wrote:
To all Trent Green fans...please go to ESPN's football site and look up their statistics breakdown on various starting QB's...Green has the worst completion rate in the league for passes over 20 yds...also the fewest attempts...(example Drew Brees: 115 completions over 20 yds/Green: 20. NO ARM STRENTGTH. Then see how many losses we've had when the running game produced over 150 yds & 3 touchdowns. Please don't say the defense, the vast majority of these games Green threw at least 1 or 2 picks in the red zone that were returned for touchdowns.(10 to 14 point swing in one play). Take away the league's best OL and running game, then what? Also, his salary nearly doubles most QB's (like Tom Brady). After every bad game Vermeil would ooze over Green's play, and not even mention LJ's 200 yd performance...RIDCULOUS! Nice guy, Bad QB, No SuperBowl.
Bret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

Well hey....now we get to see how the "future" qb in Huard will do....he is only a stopgap...nothing more

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Collins Discussions

Search the Todd Collins Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bears backup Caleb Hanie looking out for No. 2 (Aug '11) Aug '11 Walkfarts 2
Martz expresses confidence in backup QB Hanie (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Bears are Prime Example of Why Packers Should K... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Rodgers leads Pack to Super Bowl, beat Bears 21-14 (Feb '11) Feb '11 gather 3
Coach: Bears' Cutler sprained ligament (Jan '11) Jan '11 LOL 1
Injury to insult: Bears QB Jay Cutler falls fla... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 15
Rodgers Leads Pack To Super Bowl, Beat Bears 21... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Anonymous 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••