A Gunner and a Target

A Gunner and a Target

There are 8 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 7, 2008, titled A Gunner and a Target. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Channel surfing on his car radio last week, Washington Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell stopped when he heard his name.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Bobby

Radford, VA

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Whatever, Campbell is the man. Anyone with any football savvy knows this. Skins fans that want someone else under center are obviously retarded.
Sean Kasey

Roanoke, VA

#2 Aug 7, 2008
Ive been a fan of the Washington Redskins 4 a long time. Im only 22 years old an I say every since I was about 4 or 5 Yrs old I love the Skins.Im talking about the days when it was great 2 Be a Skins fan.The days of all them Great Players like Art Monk, Ricky Saanders, Gary Clark, Darrel Green, Ernest Byner Mark Rypien,Doug Willliams, the Hogs and the Great the Joe Gibbs. Even know I wasn't born when John Riggns was in his hay day. I know my history he was great back. We cant give up on Jason Campbell we can't.I got A feeling He's the 1. 2 lead us back 2 Super bowl an win it. That's my opinion an I think Im qualifed 2 voice it.
Haile

Greeley, CO

#3 Aug 7, 2008
Campbell better play great this year. For him to say he was not the problem last year is bull. We all saw all the wide open plays he missed. Do or die Campbell!
Dan

Portland, OR

#4 Aug 7, 2008
While Campbell's assesment may be right, he holds the wheel that steers the ship thus making him the captain of this vessel. Should the ship go down, the captain is fully responsible in the eyes of on-looker's (fans). The team/management know it takes a "team" effort win or lose and really no one has lost sight of that. Jason should now understand in his 4th NFL season that the Skins go as he goes and if he doesn't perform at the Pro bowl calibur we all expect, then there is another young guy in the wings waiting his turn named Colt, not Todd. Step up and be the captain of this team Jason. Don't let excuses stand in your way of being the leader that steers the ship to the Superbowl.
chris

Bloomington, IN

#5 Aug 7, 2008
i think jc is the man. collins did well last year but i doubt he will look that good in a new system. they both have the same learning curve so it could get interesting. im riding with jc. i can live with the mistakes he young. i mean come on now its not like this guy collins can really take us to the super bowl.
Jacques

Charlotte, NC

#6 Aug 7, 2008
The real Skins fans love you JC. Cant wait till you prove all the doubters wrong. RIP Sean Taylor
Bobby wrote:
Whatever, Campbell is the man. Anyone with any football savvy knows this. Skins fans that want someone else under center are obviously retarded.
Mike

Arlington, VA

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Jason Campbell has the potential to be great. He has the arm strength and toughness as well as the mental ability to lead the Redskins to great things. For Redskin fans to say put in Todd Collins that is ridiculous. One major thing that lead to Todd Collins success is his being under Al Saunders for such an extended period of time. No one can say that Todd Collins is a physically gifted as Jason Campbell, nor can they say that he is a long term solution because of his age. Campbell will come in to his own and has a great quarterbacks coach to allow him to accomplish this. Give the guy a break and remember that many times last season he played great and stop this garbage about Todd Collins.
Aaron

Forest, VA

#8 Aug 10, 2008
Everyone knows that Saunders' playbook was too much for ANYONE to handle, unless they'd been playing in that system for an elongated period of time, i.e. Todd Collins. Campbell IS the future of this organization.

As a lifelong Redskins fan, I've NEVER legitimately been this excited about an upcoming season. Campbell, at Auburn, showed that he can effectively run a West Coast offense, and has shown that same productivity in the first two preseason games.

Barring any more injuries, I'd say we're in for some real fireworks in the Capital City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears backup Caleb Hanie looking out for No. 2 (Aug '11) Aug '11 Walkfarts 2
News Martz expresses confidence in backup QB Hanie (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Bears are Prime Example of Why Packers Should K... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Rodgers leads Pack to Super Bowl, beat Bears 21-14 (Feb '11) Feb '11 gather 3
News Coach: Bears' Cutler sprained ligament (Jan '11) Jan '11 LOL 1
News Injury to insult: Bears QB Jay Cutler falls fla... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 15
News Rodgers Leads Pack To Super Bowl, Beat Bears 21... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Anonymous 4