Ingram delivers Alabama its first Hei...

Ingram delivers Alabama its first Heisman

There are 18 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Dec 12, 2009, titled Ingram delivers Alabama its first Heisman. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Mark Ingram completed the trophy case at Alabama, delivering the first Heisman to a school that boasts one of the richest histories in college football.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

crazywhiteboy

Portage, MI

#1 Dec 12, 2009
Way to go Ingram, Michigan is proud of you.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#2 Dec 12, 2009
crazywhiteboy wrote:
Way to go Ingram, Michigan is proud of you.
so is Alabama !!!!
crazywhiteboy

Portage, MI

#3 Dec 12, 2009
A heisman and a national title in the same year?

Good Luck Bama!!!
Hard to Believe

Manchester, KY

#4 Dec 12, 2009
It is hard to believe that is Alabama's first heisman
edwardsthegreat

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2009
Nobody trashed talked the hiring of Alabama’s Nick Saban more than myself. Nobody! I found every reason, factual or not to exploit the idea that Nick Saban was nothing more than the latest College football Head Coach hype. The controversy surrounding his hype encouraged me even more while he constantly denied the rumors that the big money in Tuscaloosa had lured him into top position to lay claim to be Alabama’s next head coach. I found him to be incredibly arrogant and merely ego driven and money hungry. His constant denials of taking the job convinced me more than ever that he would be the University of Alabama’s next head coach. Once the final announcements were done and over and Nick Saban took the drivers seat of the tide my joy was near complete. I counted on Alabama being a hard fit for the man’s ego and problems would surely arise. His first recruiting efforts seem to produce great results but I didn’t care. I hated Alabama and naturally my hate transferred along to Saban. The first Iron Bowl delighted me with the Deer in the headlights look that remained on Saban’s face throughout the behind the woodshed butt whipping Auburn put on Saban’s Tide. It seemed things would just fall into place as I had thought. Then the next year brought Auburn the turmoil behind the scenes that brought the Tigers down to earth and eventually Tommy Tuberville out of the door at Auburn but not before a major butt kicking in an Alabama shut out of Auburn in the Iron Bowl. Saban continued to recruit outstanding players which has really never been hard to do at Alabama, but Saban kept at it and built this year what I thought to be the best overall Alabama football squad I have ever seen in my lifetime, including the 1992 Championship team which embarrassed an overly cocky Miami team in the National Championship causing even me to pull for Alabama in what has been only a few times in my life. Anyway, I still feel this year’s team was better than the ’92 team that embarassed the Miami Thug’s. That is saying quite a lot. This year began as usual with Alabama defeating Virginia Tech and a handful of other not so great teams, yet they were scoring a lot more points as usual but what I noticed early was that Alabama was not allowing as many point against them as they had in years prior. Also, it was obvious that Alabama’s talent included many different players that shined. Enter Mark Ingram, who busted out of no where carrying the ball with high per carry averages and hardly ever dropped the ball. If I am not mistaking he only had one fumble this whole season. Collecting game after game of 100 yard plus carries and without doubt being the very reason for wins in close games. He continued to rumble down the field padding his stats unstopped allowing Bama’s Quarterback McElroy to produce more and more completions while the defense continued to shut down the opposition game after game.
continued
read more:
http://edwardsthegreat.blogspot.com/

Since: Dec 09

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2009
Ingram deserved the heisman he broke the single season rushing record for alabama

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#7 Dec 13, 2009
alabama fan wrote:
Ingram deserved the heisman he broke the single season rushing record for alabama
Im with you and welcome aboard ROLL TIDE

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#8 Dec 13, 2009
Toby Gerhart got robbed, better stats, marginal team, and 1 less game.

DeathValley56 Ghost

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#9 Dec 13, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
Toby Gerhart got robbed, better stats, marginal team, and 1 less game.
I totally agree!:)

DeathValley56 Ghost

#10 Dec 13, 2009
alabama fan wrote:
That's the key........'the record for ALABAMA'? This is the 'Heisman Trophy', not 'the ALABAMA Heisman Trophy'. It's a national award, not a state award......:\ LOL

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#11 Dec 14, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the key........'the record for ALABAMA'? This is the 'Heisman Trophy', not 'the ALABAMA Heisman Trophy'. It's a national award, not a state award......:\ LOL
thats dumb

DeathValley56 Ghost

#14 Dec 14, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thats dumb
I'm just sayin' that just because Ingram has 'the single season rushing record FOR ALABAMA' doesn't automatically qualify him for the automatic winner of the Heisman Trophy, BOO! Gerhart was the best in college football anyway, not Ingram. Ingram was the best in the history of Alabama. Gerhart was the best this year, 2009, in COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BOO!:\

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#15 Dec 14, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just sayin' that just because Ingram has 'the single season rushing record FOR ALABAMA' doesn't automatically qualify him for the automatic winner of the Heisman Trophy, BOO! Gerhart was the best in college football anyway, not Ingram. Ingram was the best in the history of Alabama. Gerhart was the best this year, 2009, in COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BOO!:\
the voters don't see it that way

DeathValley56 Ghost

#19 Dec 15, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>the voters don't see it that way
Since the voters don't see it that way, we should call it the 'ALABAMA HEISMAN AWARD', not the 'HEISMAN TROPHY' that everyone is accustomed to .......... since he is best single season rushing leader in ALABAMA HISTORY..........not AMERICAN HISTORY. Statisticly, Gerhart had more yards and more TD's than Ingram! It's an individual award for the best player in college football for 2009, not Alabama football for 2009.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#20 Dec 15, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so is Alabama !!!!
> And, so is the SEC! Geaux Bama!!!
>:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#21 Dec 15, 2009
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> And, so is the SEC! Geaux Bama!!!
>:)
thanks DECO MAN

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#22 Dec 15, 2009
your welcome.

DeathValley56 Ghost

#23 Dec 15, 2009
Alabama will destroy Texas......FACT!:\

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toby Gerhart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaguars optimistic about offense (Sep '14) Sep '14 Loseruars 1
News How the Eagles Can Shut Down Toby Gerhart, Jagu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mark Brunell 3
News 5 Worst Teams In NFL Heading Into 2014 Season (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 21
News CBS Sports says Toby Gerhart is a better fantas... (Aug '14) Aug '14 TealTards 1
News Jaguars fourth on least desirable list (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 6
News Jacksonville Jaguars Make Appearances in ESPN's... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Fartville 1
News Making the Leap, No. 8: Jaguars' Toby Gerhart (Jul '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
More from around the web