Tim Tebow's performance highlights uncertain future with Patriots

Jul 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Well, there were no games to win on the practice field at Gillette Stadium on Friday as the Patriots opened training camp.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bonnie Hawkins

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Tim Tebow will excel with the Pats. The Jets didn't have a clue and were so afraid he would score and make Sanchez look bad but Sanchez did it all on his own.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tebow's only lining up at receiver because that gives him his only shot to make the team
Mensa6

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Tebow's only lining up at receiver because that gives him his only shot to make the team
Tebow might be learning about the Pats so he can work with the coaching staff or as an advisor. He certainly couldn't do any worse than who they got now in their player selection dept.
A test was conducted some years ago and it had a monkey throw darts at a list of the companies in the stock market. Those monkey selected companies did better than over 90% of the so called experts who select stocks. The test was then redone because wall street screamed it was a fluke...that is until a second monkey also beat the experts and by a wide margin.
No I'm not suggesting Tebow is a monkey, just that those Pat experts are constantly beaten by fantasy footballers and yes, probably a monkey or two. Maybe Tim's gift with football will be realized off vs on the field.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mensa6 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tebow might be learning about the Pats so he can work with the coaching staff or as an advisor. He certainly couldn't do any worse than who they got now in their player selection dept.
A test was conducted some years ago and it had a monkey throw darts at a list of the companies in the stock market. Those monkey selected companies did better than over 90% of the so called experts who select stocks. The test was then redone because wall street screamed it was a fluke...that is until a second monkey also beat the experts and by a wide margin.
No I'm not suggesting Tebow is a monkey, just that those Pat experts are constantly beaten by fantasy footballers and yes, probably a monkey or two. Maybe Tim's gift with football will be realized off vs on the field.
Good point. Belicheat has done well with the Tuna's players
Teacher

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. Belicheat has done well with the Tuna's players
Belichick does great with anybody's players except hs own. Like most savants, Belichick has a gap in his brilliance. He has never learned how to select the best players. But he sure can coach them up.
Except for WRs and DBs that is.
As for the Belicheat reference - have heard it said in multiple places that Belichick had a guy stand in plain site of opposing teams with a camera that had no film in order to psyche them out. When others started doing it with film, complaints started all over the league. I believe it was the Jets coach mangenius that reported it was Belichick that started the whole thing. Despite everyone else breaking the rules (because they used film) and Belichick not breaking any offical rule, it was ONLY Belichick that got the hammered because the then new comissioner wanted to make a name for himself. By hammering the most respected and powerful coach in the league the commissioner was telling everybody who was in charge and his word was law. Then that comissioner tried to hammer individual players as well as coaches in the Saint scandal and we all saw how that worked out.
Funny thing about spy gate, nobody could figure out what to do with the pictures from the practices, the material was deemed inactionable. The Pats ended up the big loser however because they lost their mystique and although close, haven't won again. Bottom line, technically everyone cheated except Belichick. He was just sneaky.
Bartender

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Belichick does great with anybody's players except hs own. Like most savants, Belichick has a gap in his brilliance. He has never learned how to select the best players. But he sure can coach them up.
Except for WRs and DBs that is.
As for the Belicheat reference - have heard it said in multiple places that Belichick had a guy stand in plain site of opposing teams with a camera that had no film in order to psyche them out. When others started doing it with film, complaints started all over the league. I believe it was the Jets coach mangenius that reported it was Belichick that started the whole thing. Despite everyone else breaking the rules (because they used film) and Belichick not breaking any offical rule, it was ONLY Belichick that got the hammered because the then new comissioner wanted to make a name for himself. By hammering the most respected and powerful coach in the league the commissioner was telling everybody who was in charge and his word was law. Then that comissioner tried to hammer individual players as well as coaches in the Saint scandal and we all saw how that worked out.
Funny thing about spy gate, nobody could figure out what to do with the pictures from the practices, the material was deemed inactionable. The Pats ended up the big loser however because they lost their mystique and although close, haven't won again. Bottom line, technically everyone cheated except Belichick. He was just sneaky.
So what you are telling me is that Belichck used legal psychological warfare on the rest of the league, the rest of the league are a bunch of idiots and broke the league rules while Belichick didn't, and the commissioner is a power hungry asshat (or maybe even an assjacket) that fined Belichick and the Pats who didn't break the rules and let everyone who did break the rules go.
Based on what 've seen so far...Sounds about right, well within the scope of believe ability for the NFL.
streetrunner

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tebow could really be big if Belicheck take a chance to let him make plays ... On another note: He would be huge in the Canadian league. He would draw a fan base that would take the Canadian league to New heights.
Teacher

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

streetrunner wrote:
Tebow could really be big if Belicheck take a chance to let him make plays ... On another note: He would be huge in the Canadian league. He would draw a fan base that would take the Canadian league to New heights.
Tim has a great work ethic, but lacks position skills to make it as a starter in the NFL or Canadien League. Eventually his name recognition would wear off and his lack of skills would drive fans away, unless he melds into the framework of special teams. There he could be a success along the lines of Matthew Slater and retain a positive name recognition for football fans. He will always be held in high regards for his work ethic and motivation and just being an all around good guy and roll model.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim has a great work ethic, but lacks position skills to make it as a starter in the NFL or Canadien League. Eventually his name recognition would wear off and his lack of skills would drive fans away, unless he melds into the framework of special teams. There he could be a success along the lines of Matthew Slater and retain a positive name recognition for football fans. He will always be held in high regards for his work ethic and motivation and just being an all around good guy and roll model.
I find no fault with that evaluation. Tebow looks like he will be another Terry Baker who won the Heisman Trophy in 1962 and faltered in the pros although not as badly as Baker.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Let me rewrite this a bit. Tebow looks somewhat like another Terry Baker, a former Heisman winner who flamed out in the pros as a QB and a first round draft pick, Tebow, however, did show somewhat more than Baker in his time as a pro.
Mensans for Brady

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
Let me rewrite this a bit. Tebow looks somewhat like another Terry Baker, a former Heisman winner who flamed out in the pros as a QB and a first round draft pick, Tebow, however, did show somewhat more than Baker in his time as a pro.
Sorry to bother you. Who was Terry Baker? When did he play? What school did he play for?
Not sure anybody is interested in a guy no one has ever heard on.
Like .....Rodgers would be better if only he learned some of Moose Magilicuttys skills.
Who is Moose and what are his skills. Just trying to be helpful for future reference.
Mensans for Brady

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Mensans for Brady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to bother you. Who was Terry Baker? When did he play? What school did he play for?
Not sure anybody is interested in a guy no one has ever heard on.
Like .....Rodgers would be better if only he learned some of Moose Magilicuttys skills.
Who is Moose and what are his skills. Just trying to be helpful for future reference.
Didn't see your post above your post until after we sent our post. At least now we know when he played, but still not where. Sorry for not being more specific. The idea was to let you know today's game has enough background information and stats available for today. No real need to bring up info from what 70, 60, 50 years ago to make a point. The game wasn't the same as it is today so comparisons don't really make much sense. Nice to know there are still some fans around that saw Deacon Jones and Jim Brown play. our dads to a man thought they were the best of their era. Feel free to disagree, we never really saw them play but like differing views.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mensans for Brady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to bother you. Who was Terry Baker? When did he play? What school did he play for?
Not sure anybody is interested in a guy no one has ever heard on.
Like .....Rodgers would be better if only he learned some of Moose Magilicuttys skills.
Who is Moose and what are his skills. Just trying to be helpful for future reference.
Anybody who was a real college football fan back in 1962 certainly can remember the 1st Team All American and Heisman Trophy winning season by Terry Baker. He was the first player chosen in the draft prior to the 1963 seaon. Many other teams would have drafted himIn the pros, he got into the coach's dog house early by throwing three INTs in his first start and was tried at running back where he was little more than a fringe type player. After three unproductive years with the Rams, he was cut during training camp by the Rams. After losing starting QB Earl Morrall to a broken wrist in 1966, the NY Giants gave a call to Baker, but he had already enrolled in college for post graduate studies. He also played briefly in the CFL. He went on to have a very successful career as a lawyer.

Compared to Tebow who was selected much later in the first round than was Baker (who was the first one chosen in his draft year), Baker was the much more dramatic bust as Tebow did have a modicum of success. Terry Baker had just over 200 yards total passing for his career and had only one start (which he lost). Tebow at least did start for the better part of one season with a winning record as a starter. Both were Heisman Trophy winners, left handed passers, and very good runners in college.

I keep reading about what a bust David Carr was. He has lasted for 11 seasons and is likely to play his twelfth based on the lackluster performance by Curtis Painter last night. As a back up, Carr has a composite 109.6 passer rate with the Giants. Carr's teammates to have confidence in David Carr and respect his knowledge of the game. He might have been successful as a starter if he wasn't always running for his life in Houston where he led the league in being sacked for three of his five seasons in Houston. I was happy to see Carr return to the Giants after testing the free agent market this past off season. The Giants do need to start looking at an eventual replacement for Eli Manning as he gets older and that someone could possibly be Ryan Nassib, but it is too early to tell if he will indeed be the one as he has been slow thus far adjusting to the NFL. Compared to Terry Baker, Carr is a success story in the NFL. In Carr's first 5 seasons with Houston compared to Manning's first five in NY. Carr's stats compared rather favorably to Eli's. Both had similar passing rates over their first five seasons with Carr having about a five pct. point lead in completion pct. and Manning having a considerably better TD pass pct. Both had nearly identical yards per attempt in those periods. The one statistic that stood out most was Carr being sacked twice as often as Manning in their first five years meaning that he often had considerably less time to find an open receiver.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mensans for Brady wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see your post above your post until after we sent our post. At least now we know when he played, but still not where. Sorry for not being more specific. The idea was to let you know today's game has enough background information and stats available for today. No real need to bring up info from what 70, 60, 50 years ago to make a point. The game wasn't the same as it is today so comparisons don't really make much sense. Nice to know there are still some fans around that saw Deacon Jones and Jim Brown play. our dads to a man thought they were the best of their era. Feel free to disagree, we never really saw them play but like differing views.
-I had the privilege of Seeing Jimmy Brown who could run through you, around you, and away from you. Bo Jackson could have possible been his equal if he had stayed healthy as he was somewhat similar runner. For a big man, Jimmy Brown was every bit as graceful as Gale Sayers who was called one of the greatest open field runners in football history and Brown outweighed him by thirty pounds. I also had the privilege of seeing the three receivers with the highest yards per catch of any receiver with 200 or more lifetime receptions, Homer Jones, Buddy Dial, and Harlon Hill (who died earlier this year at age 80). Today's zone defenses make a statistic like that impossible. You might not be interested in what happened 50 years ago, but I am sure that others find it interesting.
BarTender

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>-I had the privilege of Seeing Jimmy Brown who could run through you, around you, and away from you. Bo Jackson could have possible been his equal if he had stayed healthy as he was somewhat similar runner. For a big man, Jimmy Brown was every bit as graceful as Gale Sayers who was called one of the greatest open field runners in football history and Brown outweighed him by thirty pounds. I also had the privilege of seeing the three receivers with the highest yards per catch of any receiver with 200 or more lifetime receptions, Homer Jones, Buddy Dial, and Harlon Hill (who died earlier this year at age 80). Today's zone defenses make a statistic like that impossible. You might not be interested in what happened 50 years ago, but I am sure that others find it interesting.
Hey gramps you got any stoys about Night Train Lane, Deaon Jones, Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Lou Goza, George Halas, Gale Sayers, Bart Starr or some other greats. Figure if you want to talk old school might as well push you in a direction that might have some interest.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

BarTender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey gramps you got any stoys about Night Train Lane, Deaon Jones, Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Lou Goza, George Halas, Gale Sayers, Bart Starr or some other greats. Figure if you want to talk old school might as well push you in a direction that might have some interest.
I can remember Dick Lane for his neck tie tackles which are now illegal. He was one of the leaders in career lifetime interception.

Had sacks been an official stat for his entire career, Dave "Deacon" Jones once would have had I believe 26 sacks in a 14 game season. I would guess you are not much younger than me. After all, you did mention a grandchild.

I saw Lou Groza and the twilight of his career with the Browns and was likely the best kicker of his era and also played a solid game as a tackle in his earlier years, and I remember Paul Brown who was a successful coach, but annoyed his players so greatly that a number of them threatened not to report to training camp in 1963, resulting in his firing. In 1962, Jimmy Brown missed the 1000yard mark and had a 4.3 yard per carry average. Under a new coach, he improved to over 1800 yards rushing with a 6.4 yards per carry average in 1963. He called all the plays and did not allow his QB to change the play if there was an unfavorable defensive alignment. Otto Graham was retired by the time I started following football. He retired relatively young and would have likely played much longer if they made the type of salaries they make today (adjusting for inflation, of course. Many players had to supplement their NFL salaries with an off season job and between 1963 and 1964, two players died in on the job accidents.

Sayers was one of the greatest open field runners of all time with more moves than a ballerina. His career was cut short by a knee injury in his fourth season as a Bear. With today's improved surgical techniques he would likely have played beyond his last season, 1971. Halas was a very longtime Bear coach and was there for the founding of the Bears and except for military service in WWII, he coached continuously from 1920 to 1967. He sported a .682 lifetime winning pct as a coach.
BarTender

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I can remember Dick Lane for his neck tie tackles which are now illegal. He was one of the leaders in career lifetime interception.
Had sacks been an official stat for his entire career, Dave "Deacon" Jones once would have had I believe 26 sacks in a 14 game season. I would guess you are not much younger than me. After all, you did mention a grandchild.
I saw Lou Groza and the twilight of his career with the Browns and was likely the best kicker of his era and also played a solid game as a tackle in his earlier years, and I remember Paul Brown who was a successful coach, but annoyed his players so greatly that a number of them threatened not to report to training camp in 1963, resulting in his firing. In 1962, Jimmy Brown missed the 1000yard mark and had a 4.3 yard per carry average. Under a new coach, he improved to over 1800 yards rushing with a 6.4 yards per carry average in 1963. He called all the plays and did not allow his QB to change the play if there was an unfavorable defensive alignment. Otto Graham was retired by the time I started following football. He retired relatively young and would have likely played much longer if they made the type of salaries they make today (adjusting for inflation, of course. Many players had to supplement their NFL salaries with an off season job and between 1963 and 1964, two players died in on the job accidents.
Sayers was one of the greatest open field runners of all time with more moves than a ballerina. His career was cut short by a knee injury in his fourth season as a Bear. With today's improved surgical techniques he would likely have played beyond his last season, 1971. Halas was a very longtime Bear coach and was there for the founding of the Bears and except for military service in WWII, he coached continuously from 1920 to 1967. He sported a .682 lifetime winning pct as a coach.
Got me mixed up with someone else, got a grand dad not a grand kid. But I hope to some day
Tim Teblow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

BarTender wrote:
<quoted text>
Got me mixed up with someone else, got a grand dad not a grand kid. But I hope to some day
No, you mentioned grandkid. Check with one of your other personalitites and get back to us.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Belichick does great with anybody's players except hs own. Like most savants, Belichick has a gap in his brilliance. He has never learned how to select the best players. But he sure can coach them up.
Except for WRs and DBs that is.
As for the Belicheat reference - have heard it said in multiple places that Belichick had a guy stand in plain site of opposing teams with a camera that had no film in order to psyche them out. When others started doing it with film, complaints started all over the league. I believe it was the Jets coach mangenius that reported it was Belichick that started the whole thing. Despite everyone else breaking the rules (because they used film) and Belichick not breaking any offical rule, it was ONLY Belichick that got the hammered because the then new comissioner wanted to make a name for himself. By hammering the most respected and powerful coach in the league the commissioner was telling everybody who was in charge and his word was law. Then that comissioner tried to hammer individual players as well as coaches in the Saint scandal and we all saw how that worked out.
Funny thing about spy gate, nobody could figure out what to do with the pictures from the practices, the material was deemed inactionable. The Pats ended up the big loser however because they lost their mystique and although close, haven't won again. Bottom line, technically everyone cheated except Belichick. He was just sneaky.
I suppose you have proof for this. It was really humorous how you answered this post I am responding to trying to pose as being a different entity in a susequent post. The Patriots were required to turn over their films and photographs and they were destroyed by the NFL. Belichick also apologized for violating league rules. Whom are you trying to kid?

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

6

Tim Teblow wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you mentioned grandkid. Check with one of your other personalitites and get back to us.
The guy from Cypress CA is a pathological liar. See my previous post. And he does post to himself on many occasions using a multitude of different monickers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tim Tebow Discussions

Search the Tim Tebow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cheap jerseys Thu gsdds 1
maillot de foot 2014 2015 Thu gsdds 1
Elway insists he's not looking to trade Tebow (Jan '11) Thu cara murphy 133
What's Next For Tim Tebow? (Apr '13) Wed cara murphy 298
Is Tim Tebow gay? (Aug '10) Jul 3 Ted 134
What's the best stat for measuring QB performan... Jun 28 Janitor 1
Tim Tebow still has NFL dreams, says Urban Meyer May '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••