Tim Tebow: Breaking Down Why Jacksonville Jaguars Would Be Perfect Fit for QB

Jan 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Tim Tebow will likely spend the offseason looking for a new home after a forgettable year as a member of the New York Jets .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mike nicholson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Don't give up on tim
cjames

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Send him home and Jacksonville is his home. I think he will do well.
nice feet

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Send him to a team with a comfortable bench. Te Jets bench was too hard.
william stephenson

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

worthy as leader & teamate on bench, in the limelite or in the phillipines

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

william stephenson wrote:
worthy as leader & teamate on bench, in the limelite or in the phillipines
Thats funny because every NFL team he's been on has been more than happy to see him and his circus exit. How is that being worthy of a leadership role and being a good teammate when they're happy to see you go? Look at Ray Lewis, are the Ravens and Baltimore happy to see him retire? Now that's a leader of a team.

You're right about one thing, Tebow loves the limelight and all the attention.
FB Fan

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny because every NFL team he's been on has been more than happy to see him and his circus exit. How is that being worthy of a leadership role and being a good teammate when they're happy to see you go? Look at Ray Lewis, are the Ravens and Baltimore happy to see him retire? Now that's a leader of a team.
You're right about one thing, Tebow loves the limelight and all the attention.
It's obvious to me that you're riding the Tebow hate wagon. The comment that He loves the attention and the limelight proves that you don't concern yourself with the facts just comments that make you feel better about yourself rather than a true observation of the issue. The circus as you call it is not a making of his own and I don't know anyone that is honest can say he is an attention hound. Even if you're not a Tebow fan , and if you're honest you have to admit that to date he has not been given an honest chance in a offense that suits his skill sets. I can hear you now, "He has no skill sets" there are a couple of awards and 2 National Championships that would beg to differ. Remember back when they said the spread offense would never work in the NFL ? Now those same experts are spewing RGIII and now breaking down how hard the spread is to defend. No one asks you to like or even defend Tim, just be honest in your evaluation and comments.At least have the conversation with yourself, Why is it you feel the need to dislike Tim or anyone else for that matter. Oh, by the way, if you haven't guessed, I am a Fan of Tim Tebow both as a football player and as a person. He makes me think about how I would react to whats been thrown his way, and for me I don't know how he does it with such grace.
Teblow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

FB Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious to me that you're riding the Tebow hate wagon. The comment that He loves the attention and the limelight proves that you don't concern yourself with the facts just comments that make you feel better about yourself rather than a true observation of the issue. The circus as you call it is not a making of his own and I don't know anyone that is honest can say he is an attention hound. Even if you're not a Tebow fan , and if you're honest you have to admit that to date he has not been given an honest chance in a offense that suits his skill sets. I can hear you now, "He has no skill sets" there are a couple of awards and 2 National Championships that would beg to differ. Remember back when they said the spread offense would never work in the NFL ? Now those same experts are spewing RGIII and now breaking down how hard the spread is to defend. No one asks you to like or even defend Tim, just be honest in your evaluation and comments.At least have the conversation with yourself, Why is it you feel the need to dislike Tim or anyone else for that matter. Oh, by the way, if you haven't guessed, I am a Fan of Tim Tebow both as a football player and as a person. He makes me think about how I would react to whats been thrown his way, and for me I don't know how he does it with such grace.
Tebow's horribly inaccurate arm makes him a bad NFL QB. Period.

RG3 has an arm. Tebow doesn't.

It's been proven that he has severe accuracy issues--look at his completion rate.

Two different NFL teams couldn't get him to be an effective passer.

How do you suggest Tebow be made into a starting Qb with his severe passing deficiencies?
FB Fan

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

At this level it is a traumatic event to have a tackle play the opposite side of the center when he has learned and perfected that skill set. So, how difficult could it be to play in the worst of scenarios and in an offense that is in complete contrast to the method that made you one of the most accomplished college players. I have to imagine that if we put you in a operating room as a brain surgeon, I doubt you would be successful. I know that I would not want to be your patient !!!! Put Tom Brady in a spread or read option offense only and see what happens to his stats. Seen him run lately !!!!!
Teblow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

FB Fan wrote:
At this level it is a traumatic event to have a tackle play the opposite side of the center when he has learned and perfected that skill set. So, how difficult could it be to play in the worst of scenarios and in an offense that is in complete contrast to the method that made you one of the most accomplished college players. I have to imagine that if we put you in a operating room as a brain surgeon, I doubt you would be successful. I know that I would not want to be your patient !!!! Put Tom Brady in a spread or read option offense only and see what happens to his stats. Seen him run lately !!!!!
Brady doesn't need to worry about being put into a read option because he's an accurate passer. The NFL D's are too fast to consistently use the spread or the option, so NFL QB's must also have passsing skills. Tebow does not have passing skills.
FB Fan

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Well it's a good thing you're not a head coach in football, because making a decision with such limited information would eliminate, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway from being what they are. There stats in the first 3 to 5 years were as bad or worse than Tim's. Take a deep breath, hold on and get used to disappointment, because no matter how much you hate he will overcome yours and everyone Else's objections.
Teblow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

FB Fan wrote:
Well it's a good thing you're not a head coach in football, because making a decision with such limited information would eliminate, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway from being what they are. There stats in the first 3 to 5 years were as bad or worse than Tim's. Take a deep breath, hold on and get used to disappointment, because no matter how much you hate he will overcome yours and everyone Else's objections.
Speaking of John Elway....he himself decided he couldn't make Tebow a solid starter and was happy to get a bag of popcorn in exchange for trading Tebow to the Jets. You know something Elway doesn't? Do tell.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

@FB Fan-

I have given TT credit especially in college where he was arguably the best college player EVER. BUT, that doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL where his college game has not transcended.

My fellow poster with many humorous names from Miami, FL. has it right; You can't compare TT to RG3 or Kaep or Russ Wilson because they can ALL THROW ACCURATELY and keep the defense guessing. Yes, TT can operate a dimension of the spread option but as we saw what New England did to him, that's what the majority of NFL teams will do if he's playing because he can't consistently beat you with his arm and his football IQ isn't high enough to audible out of complex schemes and TT just doesn't make you feel good about starting him because he's lousy in practice. He gives you nothing during the week to hang your hat on.

You also say to my guy from Miami that it's good he's not a NFL coach well, several NFL coaches past on TT in the draft and were prepared to let him go all the way to the 5th or 6th round and one coach was FIRED for drafting him and 2 others gave him the BOOT! So what say you to that? As a TT fan I'm sure you'll pass blame to them for being short sighted and ignorant while in fact it's you who needs to look within and come to grips with the fact that TT just isn't NFL quality and he's employed his circus to gain him status his skill set doesn't deserve.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

And no, I don't hate TT. I have a strong dislike for you sheeple that mindlessly buy into his clear as day propaganda. I don't hate TT for making money off the idiocy of you guys, it's how ridiculously far you guys will go to defend him and keep him on the false bottomed pedestal.

TT is simply playing the other side of the coin and reaping the profits from it. No other pro athlete has ever been so polarizing and has never used his/her faith to the extremes as TT has and he is brilliant in that respect. It's like George Bush, everyone thought he was as dumb as a rock but the man made us all believe that while making trillions off our ignorance in Iraq. He made us believe he was so dumb, he'd never be capable of pulling off what he did yet he did. TT is simply operating out of the Bush handbook. Nothing more. My belief is don't hate the player, hate the game.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

!Wow!
A Teblow-Bush allusion. You're getting too deep for FB to understand. Teblow and his handlers are one big propaganda machine. It is important to see how many times he corrects the media putting his spin forward. "I didn't say I did not want to be a wildcat QB, you misunderstood." Out here in Denver he was also 'misquoted' by a legendary columnist. Tebow hides his lack of skill behind his goody-goody image his handlers create and his on-field "tebowing." Why would such an awesome person trademark something people have been doing for years and name it after himself? Its all about perception and image. I just hope this guy doesn't twist off and have his followers drink literal kool-aid like Jim Jones; or convince them to commit suicide soo they can join him on a passing meteor like Heaven's Gate.
then again....
FAN101

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Teblow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tebow's horribly inaccurate arm makes him a bad NFL QB. Period.
RG3 has an arm. Tebow doesn't.
It's been proven that he has severe accuracy issues--look at his completion rate.
Two different NFL teams couldn't get him to be an effective passer.
How do you suggest Tebow be made into a starting Qb with his severe passing deficiencies?
you are an absolute idiot JUS SAYIN dog !!!!!!
FAN101

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
!Wow!
A Teblow-Bush allusion. You're getting too deep for FB to understand. Teblow and his handlers are one big propaganda machine. It is important to see how many times he corrects the media putting his spin forward. "I didn't say I did not want to be a wildcat QB, you misunderstood." Out here in Denver he was also 'misquoted' by a legendary columnist. Tebow hides his lack of skill behind his goody-goody image his handlers create and his on-field "tebowing." Why would such an awesome person trademark something people have been doing for years and name it after himself? Its all about perception and image. I just hope this guy doesn't twist off and have his followers drink literal kool-aid like Jim Jones; or convince them to commit suicide soo they can join him on a passing meteor like Heaven's Gate.
then again....
wow you are even dumber than the other guy you both lack realism talk about jumping on band wagons the hater wagon is definateley the one for you tebow didnt name nothing after himself it was the fans and media doofus
FAN101

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

what no arguments for my comments
FAN101

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

what am i to deep for your teblow-bush allusion
Timmy Teblowjob

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Fan 101:
Kneel down and prey on this.
Just another religious moron living in mom's basement
god bless

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
!Wow!
then again....
I know...I'm preaching to the choir.

LOL, yea...then again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••