Manning Injury Would Be Sweet Justice

Manning Injury Would Be Sweet Justice

There are 104 comments on the WHTK-AM Rochester story from Mar 23, 2012, titled Manning Injury Would Be Sweet Justice. In it, WHTK-AM Rochester reports that:

Pat Robertson doesn't like the way the Denver Broncos unceremoniously kicked quarterback Tim Tebow to the curb in favor of Peyton Manning, and he wouldn't exactly be upset if Manning got hurt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHTK-AM Rochester.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#1 Mar 23, 2012
Pat Robertson has been saying crazy things in recent years and I will say that his statement about not being upset if Manning got hurt would be absolutely unchristian-like.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#2 Mar 23, 2012
It's just part of the hypocritical steamroller that is evangelical Tebow-mania. They have no care for who's in their guys way. If they can't pray and chant their guy in, they'll set up billboards to say it for them. If that doesn't work they'll show their power with their money in selling out Tebow's jersey and if that doesn't work, I'm sure we'll soon find out.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#3 Mar 23, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
It's just part of the hypocritical steamroller that is evangelical Tebow-mania. They have no care for who's in their guys way. If they can't pray and chant their guy in, they'll set up billboards to say it for them. If that doesn't work they'll show their power with their money in selling out Tebow's jersey and if that doesn't work, I'm sure we'll soon find out.
That is grossly untrue that it is the typical mindset of evangelical Christianity. That loose cannon, Pat Robertson, hardly represents all of conservative Christianity any more than Al Sharpton represents all blacks.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#4 Mar 23, 2012
Get it straight Catman, the overwhelming majority of NFL fans do not like or want Tebow and feel he is a sideshow joke. We don't want his religion forced upon us every time a camera is on him or during sportscenter. Majority of us wishes he could just go away.

Tebow's supporters are primarily made up of semi-casual to non-NFL fans who are evangelicals and see this as an opportunity and Tebow as an instrument to further evangelize. Tebow himself has said just that. It's his main goal through playing in the NFL to evangelize because it's put him on the biggest of stages here in the U.S. and believe you me, Tebow and Pat Robertson are close and I'm sure Tebow grew up idolizing him. They have the same bottomline in mind Catman.
GregA

United States

#5 Mar 23, 2012
Who gives a damn what the idiot says,he can go straight to hell.It has nothing to do with him being religious its the fact that Manning is a better quarterback and they are improving the team.It was a very good decision so patty boy needs to stick to religion(what little he knows)and stay out of the nfl.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#6 Mar 23, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
Get it straight Catman, the overwhelming majority of NFL fans do not like or want Tebow and feel he is a sideshow joke. We don't want his religion forced upon us every time a camera is on him or during sportscenter. Majority of us wishes he could just go away.
Tebow's supporters are primarily made up of semi-casual to non-NFL fans who are evangelicals and see this as an opportunity and Tebow as an instrument to further evangelize. Tebow himself has said just that. It's his main goal through playing in the NFL to evangelize because it's put him on the biggest of stages here in the U.S. and believe you me, Tebow and Pat Robertson are close and I'm sure Tebow grew up idolizing him. They have the same bottomline in mind Catman.
I suppose you have proof for that. The bottom line is that Tebow was drafted for his perceived football ability and not his religious beliefs. Tebow and his team mates won 7 of the 11 games he started and not his faith. His fate will be decided on the field and not by a small group of atheist maniacs. Most of the less religious people are not as unjustifiably threatened by Tebow's faith as you are anyway. I have stated time and time again that Tebow is not an established NFL star, but judging by your responses, you'd think I was calling him a sure fire Hall of Famer. Why do you feel so threatened?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#7 Mar 23, 2012
GregA wrote:
Who gives a damn what the idiot says,he can go straight to hell.It has nothing to do with him being religious its the fact that Manning is a better quarterback and they are improving the team.It was a very good decision so patty boy needs to stick to religion(what little he knows)and stay out of the nfl.
Manning also takes up a lot more salary cap space which reduces the ability of the team to address weaknesses elsewhere through signing free agents.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#8 Mar 23, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> His fate will be decided on the field and not by a small group of atheist maniacs. Most of the less religious people are not as unjustifiably threatened by Tebow's faith as you are anyway. I have stated time and time again that Tebow is not an established NFL star, but judging by your responses, you'd think I was calling him a sure fire Hall of Famer. Why do you feel so threatened?
See what I mean? I've made no mention of my faith. Not once and because I'm not praising Jesus for Tebow you assume I'm Atheist. You made my earlier point without even knowing it. Good job Catman! In case you didn't know, my point was that the majority of Tebow's followers/real maniacs are evangelicals like him. The people that wish him gone aren't necessarily Atheist. Hell, even Kurt Warner who shares the same faith told Tebow to tone it down!

I personally will not support Tebow, a hypocrite to his own faith and a man who believes that all people that don't believe like he does should die and burn for an eternity.

And yes, the threat is 100% justifiable. If the evangelicals can interfere and get a lousy 4th string QB elevated unjustly to starting in a matter of weeks and keep this crazy mania going they'll start to think they can force their ways and wishes upon others in other areas.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Robertson is a fool, no matter what religion! To wish harm on a player in a game is just stupid...

Tebows cool, a cool humble man, So what! Dont buy his jersey if ya dont like him.. hahaha... dang.

Go man Go, good luck Tebow, oh and learn to throw....

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#11 Mar 23, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? I've made no mention of my faith. Not once and because I'm not praising Jesus for Tebow you assume I'm Atheist. You made my earlier point without even knowing it. Good job Catman! In case you didn't know, my point was that the majority of Tebow's followers/real maniacs are evangelicals like him. The people that wish him gone aren't necessarily Atheist. Hell, even Kurt Warner who shares the same faith told Tebow to tone it down!
I personally will not support Tebow, a hypocrite to his own faith and a man who believes that all people that don't believe like he does should die and burn for an eternity.
And yes, the threat is 100% justifiable. If the evangelicals can interfere and get a lousy 4th string QB elevated unjustly to starting in a matter of weeks and keep this crazy mania going they'll start to think they can force their ways and wishes upon others in other areas.
I believe his team is a better judge of whatever string he is going to be be it first or last than you are.
T Workman

Norfolk, VA

#12 Mar 24, 2012
This is the man who thought he could be president.Just think how he would have acted against his opponents had he won.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Mar 24, 2012
good wrote:
<quoted text>
What has he done to you? He would be held in higher regards by stupid fcktards like you if he wore a towel on his head, fcked camels and flew planes into buildings?
Don't like it, don't watch it dickhead.
LMAO!!! I agree!
ruben

Tucson, AZ

#14 Mar 24, 2012
who gives a crap what u think
James Bond

Miami, FL

#15 Mar 24, 2012
For all those who doubt that Tim Tebow will not be a great NFL quarterback, check this out:

&fe ature=player_embedded

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Mar 24, 2012
ruben wrote:
who gives a crap what u think
I don't recall asking you chump.....
jaxgatorshark

Atlanta, GA

#17 Mar 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you have proof for that. The bottom line is that Tebow was drafted for his perceived football ability and not his religious beliefs. Tebow and his team mates won 7 of the 11 games he started and not his faith. His fate will be decided on the field and not by a small group of atheist maniacs. Most of the less religious people are not as unjustifiably threatened by Tebow's faith as you are anyway. I have stated time and time again that Tebow is not an established NFL star, but judging by your responses, you'd think I was calling him a sure fire Hall of Famer. Why do you feel so threatened?
I don't believe these atheists feel threatened, they r just plain jealous,becuz Tebow is young, goodlooking and extremely popular.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Mar 25, 2012
I only respected Robertson, when he said we should legalize marijuana.....

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#19 Mar 26, 2012
good wrote:
<quoted text>
What has he done to you? He would be held in higher regards by stupid fcktards like you if he wore a towel on his head, fcked camels and flew planes into buildings?
Don't like it, don't watch it dickhead.
Wow what venom and hatred you exude when defending a Christian! Isn't it funny how that happens more times than not and people still think religion is a good thing?!

I think it's a safe assumption Tebow would distance himself from you and your hatred and profanity mostly because it would make him look as bad as you've made yourself if he aligned with someone like you.

Go back into the flock sheeple.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#20 Mar 26, 2012
jaxgatorshark wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe these atheists feel threatened, they r just plain jealous,becuz Tebow is young, goodlooking and extremely popular.
And for the record, I'm not an Atheist even though there's nothing wrong with that.

Ask yourselves this though, when's the last time a whole bunch of Atheists conspired and waged war on all people that didn't believe like they do? If that really happened that kind of atrocity wouldn't be tolerated ever again and Atheism would surely be abolished right? It shouldn't be tolerated but it is and and the group that actually did that is the majority of you and you think there's nothing wrong with that and it's the way it should be. Kill'em all if they don't like our Jesus like we do!

So sad.
hoopsnow

Panama City, FL

#21 Apr 5, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
It's well known that Pat Robertson has been suffering from onset dementia and alzheimers for several years. Even Christians are not spared diseases such as dementia. One demented christian doesn't speak for 100 of millions of christians. People I know speak highly of the Peyton Manning, not to mention Eli and Archie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Tebow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Tim Tebow gay? (Aug '10) Jun '16 skip2222 135
Why the 49ers Should Sign Tebow (Dec '14) Mar '16 LindaFan 4
News Should Tim Tebow Have a Job in the NFL? (Nov '13) Mar '16 Fart news 37
new seaeos (Sep '14) Mar '16 william 2
Tim Tebow Among The Players Considered To Parti... (Mar '15) Mar '16 Mark Mehall 2
For Eagles, 'Tebow Rule' would be a godsend (May '15) Mar '16 Mark Mehall 2
Tebow is back (Aug '15) Mar '16 Greg 2
More from around the web