Mike Ditka On Tebow and the Jets Shows How Out of Touch Da Coach Is

May 9, 2013 Full story: BearGoggleson 23

Dec. 23, 2012; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow runs off the field after the game against the San Diego Chargers at MetLife Stadium.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 May 10, 2013
The ridonkulous Jets cannot criticize anyone with their laughable season last year...Tebow would have taken them all the way but they play butt munchin Sanchez...a proven loser!

Since: May 13

Australia

#2 May 10, 2013
I agree
Tim Tebows mom

Houston, TX

#3 May 11, 2013
The guy who's last moments in the NFL as HC were getting fired is the guy you're proud to have endorse Tebow? lol, ok. Good luck with that. Call me when any current HCs or GMs want Failbow.
Barbara Sevigny

Palm Bay, FL

#4 May 12, 2013
Tim is a good guy who just needs a chance. Look what he did for denver. But what do I know I'm just a 73 year old women ,a gator who wants him to just have a chance
Tim Tebows mom

Houston, TX

#5 May 12, 2013
Barbra, he didn't do anything for Denver. He utterly failed as a QB and had to rely on his Defense and Kicker to carry him. Denver won some games in 2011 in SPITE of Tim Tebow. I'm sorry, but he just isn't that good of a QB. He's a nice guy and all, but that doesn't get you anywhere in the NFL. It all comes down to production, and Tim just can't produce on the NFL stage.
Tim Tesuck

Miami, FL

#6 May 13, 2013
John wrote:
The ridonkulous Jets cannot criticize anyone with their laughable season last year...Tebow would have taken them all the way but they play butt munchin Sanchez...a proven loser!
Teblow would've taken the Jets all the way to a top 2 draft pick in this year's draft.
Cowboy Fan

Wenatchee, WA

#7 May 13, 2013
Funny how you boneheads take your cues from sports news and how short your memory is. Did you forget that Denver was 1 and 4? That would be one win and four losses for you who are too stupid to figure it out yourselves. He rattled off several wins and several last quarter comebacks to complete that 6 game winning streak. Tebow is not a better quarterback than Manning, but he does have more playoff wins with an inferior Broncos team than Manning had. Anyone want to guess who has the highest quarterback passing rating in the 4th quarter over the last two years? It isnt Manning or Brady. It isn't Brees. Yup.... you guessed it.... Tim Tebow. Wierd huh? However, in the only season he ever started, he threw for over 300 yards (Yes over 300) in his playoff win over the Pittsburg Steelers (Who were the number one ranked pass defense in the NFL) Are you really telling me he couldnt win more games than Kevin O'Connel who was cut by two NFL teams before he even threw a pass? Haney threw for 600 yards in 6 games with 3 tds and 9 ints. They have jobs in the NFL, but Tebow doesn't. His quarterback rating from his only starting season (where he threw 2 times the touchdowns than interceptions) would have ranked 21 last year.... ahead of Gabbert, Luck, Tannehill, Locker, Weeden, Henney, Cassell, and yes... Sanchez. Before you spout stupidity... get your facts straight. If you want to say he doesnt have a job because of too much media scrutiny... Ill listen... but there are too many inferior quarterbacks out there with jobs for me to believe it because he sucks.
Tim Tegone

Miami, FL

#8 May 14, 2013
Cowboy Fan wrote:
Funny how you boneheads take your cues from sports news and how short your memory is. Did you forget that Denver was 1 and 4? That would be one win and four losses for you who are too stupid to figure it out yourselves. He rattled off several wins and several last quarter comebacks to complete that 6 game winning streak. Tebow is not a better quarterback than Manning, but he does have more playoff wins with an inferior Broncos team than Manning had. Anyone want to guess who has the highest quarterback passing rating in the 4th quarter over the last two years? It isnt Manning or Brady. It isn't Brees. Yup.... you guessed it.... Tim Tebow. Wierd huh? However, in the only season he ever started, he threw for over 300 yards (Yes over 300) in his playoff win over the Pittsburg Steelers (Who were the number one ranked pass defense in the NFL) Are you really telling me he couldnt win more games than Kevin O'Connel who was cut by two NFL teams before he even threw a pass? Haney threw for 600 yards in 6 games with 3 tds and 9 ints. They have jobs in the NFL, but Tebow doesn't. His quarterback rating from his only starting season (where he threw 2 times the touchdowns than interceptions) would have ranked 21 last year.... ahead of Gabbert, Luck, Tannehill, Locker, Weeden, Henney, Cassell, and yes... Sanchez. Before you spout stupidity... get your facts straight. If you want to say he doesnt have a job because of too much media scrutiny... Ill listen... but there are too many inferior quarterbacks out there with jobs for me to believe it because he sucks.
The people with "jobs in the NFL" have decided that Teblow isn't worth a roster spot. I'll trust their judgement over that of some random couchsurfer.
Cowboy Fan

Wenatchee, WA

#9 May 14, 2013
Tim Tegone wrote:
<quoted text>
The people with "jobs in the NFL" have decided that Teblow isn't worth a roster spot. I'll trust their judgement over that of some random couchsurfer.
The people with "jobs in the NFL" have decided that Tebow isnt worth the media circus... My post was refuting the idiots that have said he did nothing for Denver, that he doesn't have a job because he sucks... NFL owners have blackballed him... pretty obvious. I am not sure that I would hire him. However, this would be less about him than what followed him.
Tim Tegone

Miami, FL

#10 May 14, 2013
Cowboy Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The people with "jobs in the NFL" have decided that Tebow isnt worth the media circus... My post was refuting the idiots that have said he did nothing for Denver, that he doesn't have a job because he sucks... NFL owners have blackballed him... pretty obvious. I am not sure that I would hire him. However, this would be less about him than what followed him.
Remember the media circus that used to follow Terrell Owens? He found work for as long as his skills endured.

If I were a GM I would hire Tebow if I thought he could become a starting QB. I'd rather endure a media circus and keep my job than have no media circus and lose my job because I didn't have a good QB.
Tebows mom

Houston, TX

#11 May 14, 2013
He did nothing but throw the ball in the dirt, go three & out, and show how laughably bad he is at QB. If he were any good, he'd have a job right now.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#12 May 14, 2013
Cowboy Fan wrote:
Funny how you boneheads take your cues from sports news and how short your memory is. Did you forget that Denver was 1 and 4? That would be one win and four losses for you who are too stupid to figure it out yourselves. He rattled off several wins and several last quarter comebacks to complete that 6 game winning streak.
And he lost 3 of his last 4 to teams like the Bills (3 interceptions 2 fumbles) and the chiefs where he only managed a field goal. Win either one, and he wins the division, not ties. Backs into the playoffs via tiebreaker
Then again you think how godly it would be to back into Tebow's brown erection
Roger Spikes

Spring, TX

#13 May 15, 2013
Tim Tebows mom wrote:
Barbra, he didn't do anything for Denver. He utterly failed as a QB and had to rely on his Defense and Kicker to carry him. Denver won some games in 2011 in SPITE of Tim Tebow. I'm sorry, but he just isn't that good of a QB. He's a nice guy and all, but that doesn't get you anywhere in the NFL. It all comes down to production, and Tim just can't produce on the NFL stage.
So how come the same defense and he same kicker were 1/4 before Tebow took over? Explain that, please, guru!
Roger Spikes

Spring, TX

#14 May 15, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>And he lost 3 of his last 4 to teams like the Bills (3 interceptions 2 fumbles) and the chiefs where he only managed a field goal. Win either one, and he wins the division, not ties. Backs into the playoffs via tiebreaker
Then again you think how godly it would be to back into Tebow's brown erection
You are one nasty dolt, Bear Fan,a s you always are...no brains or decency, just back alley humor.
Roger Spikes

Spring, TX

#15 May 15, 2013
Tim Tebows mom wrote:
The guy who's last moments in the NFL as HC were getting fired is the guy you're proud to have endorse Tebow? lol, ok. Good luck with that. Call me when any current HCs or GMs want Failbow.
When you have won All America, All Pro, Hall of Fame and Super Bowl honors, as did Ditka, you may be justified in expressing such a negative and base opinion of his abilities. Until then, just shut up.
Not a Buddy of Ryan

Miami, FL

#16 May 15, 2013
It's easy to say you'd sign some player when your job isn't on the line. The 32 GMs WITH their jobs on the line have at this point and in the forseeable future decided against playing Tebow.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#17 May 15, 2013
Roger Spikes wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have won All America, All Pro, Hall of Fame and Super Bowl honors, as did Ditka, you may be justified in expressing such a negative and base opinion of his abilities. Until then, just shut up.
What Super Bowl Honor did he receive? Did he lead the pre-game prayer while Tebowing?
or would that be Ditka-ing?
Tebow Fan

Castro Valley, CA

#18 May 15, 2013
Ditka is a stud, always has been.

If no NFL team is going to hang out with Tebow, then Tebow should join the new A11 league.

Rock on Big Mike!
Tim Tebows mom

Houston, TX

#19 May 15, 2013
Roger Spikes wrote:
<quoted text>
So how come the same defense and he same kicker were 1/4 before Tebow took over? Explain that, please, guru!
Because teams go on streaks, good and bad. Happens in all sports.

Funny, though, that you don't also consider that WITH Tim, they finished 1/5 down the stretch. I'm sure that's just a coincidence, eh? ;)

Also, in the games Orton played (the 1-4 stretch), the defense was giving up an average of 28 points per game. When they made the switch (and, iirc, got some healthy D players back), the D gave up an average of only 11.3 points per game in the majority of Tebow's starts. THAT'S why they won those games. Has virtually nothing to do with Tebow. Matter of fact, the offense scored an average of 21 ppg with Orton and only 14 ppg with Tebow. So, he actually HURT the team when you look at the numbers. You can try and say "BU BU BUT DEY WON WIFF DA TEBOW DOE!", but we've already discovered the reason why they won was the sudden drastic dip in points allowed.

Tebow's a nice guy, but he's not a good QB. Deal with it.
RGCheek

King George, VA

#20 May 16, 2013
Tebow haters are so pathetic.
We have a young QB who in his second year turned a team around and led them to a first round playoff win, but the haters can only blame Tebow for the games 'he lost' and give im no credit at all for the games he heped win? If that isnt proof of irrational bias nothing is.
Tebows ratings have bee better than the worst in the NFL by a long shot. Last year he would have been #17 with a 85 QB rating, but still the haters say he cant pass, he cnt win, he cant do anything right. But the FACTS and the things Tebow has DONE speak for themselves.
And if anyone thinks that management decisions in ANY business is purely about what will make them more money is niave at best. Managers will screw people over if they dislike them no matter much oney it costs them, and the same goes for NFL owners. Just look at how Jerry Jones bought out Jimmy Johnson despite johnsons two superbowl rings and his obvious competence.
Tebow is getting blackballed because he is an OUTSPOKEN Christian and he wont knuckle down to the anti-Christian bigots who dominate the media these days and who go all frothing at the mouth if anyone even looks like they wont support their perversions like Gay Marriage.
Maybe Tebow needs to run a dog fighting ring, or beat up a girlfriend or do some drugs or get busted for drunken driving. Oh yeah, then the pervs in the media will love him, and his throwing will be perfecto! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Tebow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why the 49ers Should Sign Tebow Dec 5 Mark M 1
Philadelphia Eagles' LeSean McCoy: I'd Pick My ... (Apr '14) Nov '14 Mark 8
Tim Tebow says Gators lack toughness, leadership Nov '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Husain Abdullah: NFL Admits Mistake With Penalt... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
Tom Brady is Impossible Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 108
new seaeos Sep '14 william 1
In ESPN Fantasy Football, Tim Tebow Owned More ... Sep '14 Tebaggers 1
More from around the web