Tebow's pastor in Jacksonville asks for prayer

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: Florida Baptist Witness 56

You must be a registered user to access our website. Please complete the registration form at no cost, or login if you are already a registered user.

Full Story

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#23 Feb 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>In spite of Tebow losing 6-3 to Kyle Orton led Chiefs at hom on the last game of the season, the Bronco's defense made the playoffs
True but go that step further and remember the Raiders lost to allow the Broncos the ability to back into the playoffs.
Carol D

United States

#24 Feb 27, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "adversary" or spiritual warfare going on. It's what the leaders of certain religions are saying in order to control their followers and it usually comes down to taking as much money from you blind fools as possible. SMH.
TT backed out of speaking at the Dallas mega church because he knew he'd be destroyed in the media for making his true thoughts and beliefs known which are he's anti gay and lesbian and anti Semitic and he's against a woman's right to choose.
YET...The senior pastor Mac Brunson at First Baptist Church Jacksonville, TT's home church says this: Further, Tebow’s home church and First Baptist Dallas share the same beliefs, Brunson said.
“There would not be a wisp of difference between the theology of First Baptist Church Dallas and First Baptist Church Jacksonville,” Brunson said.“First Baptist Church Jacksonville holds to the inerrant, authoritative Word of God. We hold to the traditional historic doctrines of the faith.
Whether TT spoke at the Dallas mega church or not, he's still a bigot POS.
Being anti-Semitic and a Christian don't go together. Jesus was Jewish, don't ya know.
Carol D

United States

#25 Feb 27, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be a christian and believe in equality. It is an impossible compromise.
In regards to your health insurance question I have no idea about any of that but there's little that's fair and equal in this life and that's why instead of fighting against each other from religion to politics to natural resources we should put greed, intolerance and archaic beliefs aside and do what's best for each other. Only then will fairness and equality have a chance.
it is OK to slander a Christian,like Tebow, but for goodness sakes don't cross the line and tell the truth! When the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that is when the grace stick comes out. How about let's use the same grace for a Heisman Trophy winner, who led his college team to great victories, and who took the Broncos to the playoffs!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#26 Feb 27, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
True but go that step further and remember the Raiders lost to allow the Broncos the ability to back into the playoffs.
And that was only possible because Tebow threw a pick 6 to start the rout in Buffalo, losing to a pathetic team when a win puts them into the playoffs.
All he does is win!!! LMAO!!!!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#27 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
Being anti-Semitic and a Christian don't go together. Jesus was Jewish, don't ya know.
OMG...You need to go back to bible school Carol or read the Torah. Yes they DO go together as people like TT and these mega churches of the religious right prove. There will always be friction and prejudice and disbelief from christians to jews because the christians believe their christ has came and went to return again while the jews deny Jesus was christ and still await their christ and if the jewish christ does come the chrsitians will label him/her the anti-christ because it obviously can't be Jesus.

You know who was also a devout christian? Hitler as per his own journals. I hope you know what he did to the jews. A christian basically created antisemitism.

You also need to ask the Vatican why they possess the books of Jesus but will NOT release them or make them part of the bible. Is it because Jesus in his own words contradicts christianity? Because that story of a christ predates Jesus by at least 5000+ years ya'know.

While you're at it, ask your preacher why the bible has been altered over 70 times by translating(from loosely to completely wrong meanings)to kings and men of power with their own agenda's. Any way you slice it, your bible of today is of man and man's words are never to be mistaken with the "words of God".

This isn't me making this up. This is me reciting historical facts.

Thou mayest Carol...Thou mayest.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#28 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
it is OK to slander a Christian,like Tebow, but for goodness sakes don't cross the line and tell the truth! When the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that is when the grace stick comes out. How about let's use the same grace for a Heisman Trophy winner, who led his college team to great victories, and who took the Broncos to the playoffs!
Ok you lost me but it's apparent you've taken too many blows to the head by that grace stick.
Carol D

United States

#29 Feb 27, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG...You need to go back to bible school Carol or read the Torah. Yes they DO go together as people like TT and these mega churches of the religious right prove. There will always be friction and prejudice and disbelief from christians to jews because the christians believe their christ has came and went to return again while the jews deny Jesus was christ and still await their christ and if the jewish christ does come the chrsitians will label him/her the anti-christ because it obviously can't be Jesus.
You know who was also a devout christian? Hitler as per his own journals. I hope you know what he did to the jews. A christian basically created antisemitism.
You also need to ask the Vatican why they possess the books of Jesus but will NOT release them or make them part of the bible. Is it because Jesus in his own words contradicts christianity? Because that story of a christ predates Jesus by at least 5000+ years ya'know.
While you're at it, ask your preacher why the bible has been altered over 70 times by translating(from loosely to completely wrong meanings)to kings and men of power with their own agenda's. Any way you slice it, your bible of today is of man and man's words are never to be mistaken with the "words of God".
This isn't me making this up. This is me reciting historical facts.
Thou mayest Carol...Thou mayest.
As far as Christianity and Jews go, the Bible says that the Jews are the Vine and the Christans have been grafted in. You are the chosen people. God's chosen land is Israel as is all of the land God promised the Jewish nation. Read Psalm 83 you will still get your land back, and it is going to be big! No, true Christians loves Jews.

You need to look more closely at Hitler, he was a satanist, not a Christian, somebody lied to you!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#30 Feb 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>And that was only possible because Tebow threw a pick 6 to start the rout in Buffalo, losing to a pathetic team when a win puts them into the playoffs.
All he does is win!!! LMAO!!!!
Isn't that the stupidest line you've ever heard?! All he does is win? The guy goes 7-4. 4 loses doesn't equate to always winning! Plus he loses 3 straight and lucks into the playoffs? That's not always winning. He also lost to the Pats badly. Is that always winning too?

You can't even attach the All he does is win saying to the greatest players in any sport. Not Michael Jordan, not Muhammad Ali, not Pele, not Babe Ruth, not Joe Montana but they sure as F can say it and believe it when saying it about Tebow. Granted these are the people that believe being called tebowmaniacs is actually a term of endearment.
Carol D

United States

#31 Feb 27, 2013
As far as the Bible translations go, yes it has been translated, however, if you really want to know what the exact words are, learn Hebrew. there are plenty of translations that do the Hebrew and Aramaic justice.
Carol D

United States

#32 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as Christianity and Jews go, the Bible says that the Jews are the Vine and the Christans have been grafted in. You are the chosen people. God's chosen land is Israel as is all of the land God promised the Jewish nation. Read Psalm 83 you will still get your land back, and it is going to be big! No, true Christians loves Jews.
You need to look more closely at Hitler, he was a satanist, not a Christian, somebody lied to you!
One more thing about Hitler, just because he wrote that he was a Christian in his journal does not mean he was one. If a pig goes to the synagogue, does that make him a Jew?

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#33 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
As far as the Bible translations go, yes it has been translated, however, if you really want to know what the exact words are, learn Hebrew. there are plenty of translations that do the Hebrew and Aramaic justice.
I'm not the one who is hanging on every word in the bible and taking it literally like you are. You are the one who believes it and if you want to remain ignorant it's your life. I just ask people like you to stop polluting the minds of others with your religious fear tactics. Live and let live.

Nobody lied to me about Hitler btw, it's in his own journal he kept that he was a christian! How convenient it must be for you christians to repeatedly go blind, deaf and dumb and turn your backs on your brethren when they do things that puts another black eye on your religion even though they say it was all "god's will". Jim Jones, David Koresh, Jim Swilley, Ted Haggard(to name a few)all recognized devout christians who claimed to be doing god's will while bashing those that didn't share yours and their beliefs while some also took it too far as Hitler did and took many innocent lives all in the name of your god or were doing the exact things they were bashing others("sinners")for doing.

Are they all satanists too, conveniently?
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#34 Feb 27, 2013
Hitler and Tebow in the same thread?
I get it
BOTH ARE FALSE PROPHETS
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#35 Feb 27, 2013
Take is easy on Carol _JustSayin_
She gets all her churchin' on TV

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#36 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing about Hitler, just because he wrote that he was a Christian in his journal does not mean he was one. If a pig goes to the synagogue, does that make him a Jew?
Just because tebow "tebows" on tv does that make him legit?

In no way am I advocating or justifying the Holocaust but who are you to question the devotion of any person including Hitler when it pertains to his/her religion and his/her god? In Corinthians the bible says "Purge the evil person from among you." To purge is to rid, to cleanse, to purify, to wipe out. If you're a christian the bible tells you to purge the non-believers. Period. The bible also calls us non-believers the darkness, the evil, the unholy, the wicked, the lawless, the unclean, the abominations, the unworthy and many more derogative names.

I'm sure you're a George Dubyah supporter, he used the bible's words to wage his war of terror that got many Americans killed, cost us trillions of dollars, put America in a great depression, pissed off a nation that didn't want or need to be liberated all for oil that we Americans aren't seeing the results of which even if we did doesn't make it right and he did this all in the name of god. Seeing a pattern?

It's kind of easy to see how some of the people that committed these heinous atrocities in the name of god got their motivation.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#37 Feb 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Hitler and Tebow in the same thread?
I get it
BOTH ARE FALSE PROPHETS
Exactly! Hitler was loved and revered and followed all the while preaching his love and devotion for christ.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#38 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here YOU go non-believer. It's a laundry list of Adolf Hitler's public quotes during his many speeches and interviews as it pertains to his devout christian faith. He was the furthest thing from a satanist. As I said previously, labeling people as such is just you christians convenient way of not taking any responsibility for your brethren and your religion and what it can make people do.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/09/17...

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#39 Feb 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Take is easy on Carol _JustSayin_
She gets all her churchin' on TV
;)
Harry

Bloomsburg, PA

#40 Feb 28, 2013
1. Tim Tebow is consistent, He is staying True to God and His Word:
It is not about religion, it is about his Faith in Jesus Christ
who said in John 14:6 -> Jesus saith unto him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”.
It is about The Word of God that changes not -> Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
It is about the dangers of messing with God’s Word ->
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
And it is about God’s Heart for us in spite of our loathsome sin:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
It is also about this Truth:
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Our choice: Sin and Hell, or Jesus Christ and eternal life.
Those who are turning our society into Sodom and Gomorah again
will find the same judgement – if they but maintain that choice:
Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
Genesis 19:25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
Just because it is “Modern, and Trendy and Politically Correct” Now -
does NOT change the fact of whether it is Sin or Rebellion against
Almighty God.
God’s Word is the only absolute Truth – Go to It for your Life,
or Reject it and the consequences: of eternal HELL are thus your choice!
Tim Tebow is presenting the choice of the Loving Saviour, Jesus
Christ who shed his blood in death to pay for the penalty of our
sins but we have to accept this gift – and ask Jesus into our hearts.
This is the Truth and outreach of Love that Tim Tebow Stands for.
AND why so many Hate him, because they have rejected these Truths..
And have been deceived by Satan into the paths of darkness and Death.
William

Bloomsburg, PA

#41 Feb 28, 2013
This Truth Can Set You Free - IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#42 Feb 28, 2013
Harry wrote:
1. Tim Tebow is consistent, He is staying True to God and His Word:
It is not about religion, it is about his Faith in Jesus Christ
who said in John 14:6 -> Jesus saith unto him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”.
It is about The Word of God that changes not -> Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
It is about the dangers of messing with God’s Word ->
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
And it is about God’s Heart for us in spite of our loathsome sin:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
It is also about this Truth:
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Our choice: Sin and Hell, or Jesus Christ and eternal life.
Those who are turning our society into Sodom and Gomorah again
will find the same judgement – if they but maintain that choice:
Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
Genesis 19:25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
Just because it is “Modern, and Trendy and Politically Correct” Now -
does NOT change the fact of whether it is Sin or Rebellion against
Almighty God.
God’s Word is the only absolute Truth – Go to It for your Life,
or Reject it and the consequences: of eternal HELL are thus your choice!
Tim Tebow is presenting the choice of the Loving Saviour, Jesus
Christ who shed his blood in death to pay for the penalty of our
sins but we have to accept this gift – and ask Jesus into our hearts.
This is the Truth and outreach of Love that Tim Tebow Stands for.
AND why so many Hate him, because they have rejected these Truths..
And have been deceived by Satan into the paths of darkness and Death.
Harry, you're reading the bible and taking what it says literally. You can't do that especially when it's a FACT that the bible has been ALTERED 70+ times by men MOST NOT OF GOD and many words mistranslated from their true meaning which YOU DON'T KNOW. You're just assuming it's correct because you've been told it's correct.

Do some simple research and you'll see for yourself or remain ignorant. Simple as that.

TT is also a hatemonger, hypocritical bigot who is totally insensitive and intolerant to everyone that believes differently from him as most of you modern day christians are. That is the furthest thing from being "christlike" my friend.

Lastly, TT is nowhere near consistent as his own church leaders are calling him a "wimp" for not standing up for what he truly believes because TT is afraid it will hurt his career or the gifted career you tebowmaniacs got him. WWJD christian Harry? Dont you think Jesus wanted to hang around earth and enjoy some life? Of course but if you want to refer to your bible it says he sacrificed himself and was TRUE to his beliefs and never wavered as your precious TT has done because he is a hypocrite. I'm telling you fools, it's $$$$ 1ST with TT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Tebow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elway insists he's not looking to trade Tebow (Jan '11) Jan '15 Brady Chub Club 151
Why the 49ers Should Sign Tebow Jan '15 shawn schumaker 2
Philadelphia Eagles' LeSean McCoy: I'd Pick My ... (Apr '14) Nov '14 Mark 7
Tim Tebow says Gators lack toughness, leadership Nov '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Husain Abdullah: NFL Admits Mistake With Penalt... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
Tom Brady is Impossible (Aug '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 108
new seaeos Sep '14 william 1
More from around the web