Tim Tebow cut by Patriots, NFL career in jeopardy

Aug 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

Tim Tebow was released by the New England Patriots Saturday in the NFL-mandated final roster cutdown to 53 players.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The trolls hate this guy”

Since: Jul 09

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Mensan wrote:
<quoted text>
What time are you on at the comedy club and what's the address?
Nobody here is giving LBF any credit for making rational posts. Perhaps you will be better off not feeding the troll.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Tebow can always go back to leading from a seated position on the bench

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody here is giving LBF any credit for making rational posts. Perhaps you will be better off not feeding the troll.
Actually LBF is hilarious and makes great points with comedic twists.

Perhaps you should face reality catman and realize what the rest of us have been saying to you for forever now, TT isn't NFL quality as a QB and again another team has made that abundantly clear. If not for his skin color and his over done zealotry he'd have been undrafted or taken in the late rounds and then booted from the practice squad.

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should face reality catman and realize what the rest of us have been saying to you for forever now, TT isn't NFL quality as a QB and again another team has made that abundantly clear. If not for his skin color and his over done zealotry he'd have been undrafted or taken in the late rounds and then booted from the practice squad.
I have never called him a proven NFL success story. All I have been saying is that he deserved a chance to prove himself which he didn't exactly do with the Patriots. His failure to stick with the Patriots has me doubting whether he has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB, even at a backup level. As far as LFB is concerned, he posts when he has nothing to say.

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

I meant LBF.
Gooddogowner

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this.--- if not for his skin color crap. NFL would pick an undocumented alien or one from Mars if he could, run, throw, catch, tackle or block well enough. Samoans, Hawaiians, Afrikans, Canadians, Latinos as well as Blacks and Whites play in the league. Tebow was a Heisman winner and two time leader of a National Champion with good coaches speaking up for his past performances. He also knocked out the Steelers in a playoff game. This is deserving of at least a look see, but not a guaranteed spot. One he'd have to continue to earn. Unfortunately there were better players to be had so he is the odd man out. Had nothing to do with color. Hernandez wasn't white and they gave him a shot, no pun intended.

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Gooddogowner wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this.--- if not for his skin color crap. NFL would pick an undocumented alien or one from Mars if he could, run, throw, catch, tackle or block well enough. Samoans, Hawaiians, Afrikans, Canadians, Latinos as well as Blacks and Whites play in the league. Tebow was a Heisman winner and two time leader of a National Champion with good coaches speaking up for his past performances. He also knocked out the Steelers in a playoff game. This is deserving of at least a look see, but not a guaranteed spot. One he'd have to continue to earn. Unfortunately there were better players to be had so he is the odd man out. Had nothing to do with color. Hernandez wasn't white and they gave him a shot, no pun intended.
I agree with you here.
nunya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
Lastest word has it that Bellichick would not rule out a return of Tim Tebow to the Patriots. Just when we thought that the Tebow story was put to rest once and for all.
Every body seems to say it is the tebowmaniacs that are the issue, Unreal expectations and all.

What I see is people who actively are against the the guy. Why do you care? Let his story play out and be a fan of those you do like.
I just dont get all the hate invested in the guy. He has more anti-fans than any guy I can remember.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

He's an over-hyped 3rd string QB that knows how to manipulate social media. His followers would scream his name for 45 minutes in the stadium after a loss....What is the big deal? Get real. He sux as an NFL QB

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Every body seems to say it is the tebowmaniacs that are the issue, Unreal expectations and all.
What I see is people who actively are against the the guy. Why do you care? Let his story play out and be a fan of those you do like.
I just dont get all the hate invested in the guy. He has more anti-fans than any guy I can remember.
I agree with you 100%. If he can somehow resurrect his career, more power to him, if he can't, that's the way things go. He is just another player who may not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL and we should leave it at that. I can understand why sports fans hate Alex Rodriguez or Serena Williams, but Tim Tebow? What has he ever done that was so horrible?
Tim Teblow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see is people who actively are rooting for the guy. Why do you care? Let his story play out and be a fan of those who can actually play at the NFL level.
I just dont get all the love invested in the guy. He has more fans than any guy I can remember that can't play at an NFL level.
This would be closer to reality.

If he were a black atheist QB from the University of Miami struggling to make a team, the Southern fried bible pounders wouldn't exactly be so wonderously supportive like they are with Teblow.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Since Teblow will never play QB in the NFL again, all his minion followers should boycott the NFL and TOPIX.

ADIOS LOSERS
Streetrunner

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Tebow has a following fan base that generates publicity. He has the capacity to fill stadiums for whatever team takes him. For some reason people want to see him in action. The media tried to crush, bully and intimidate him when he did his praying thing on the field. Even those of us who don t follow the faith saw the attack start. He had the courage to stand strong and that caused people to like him.
Streetrunner

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

He showed that Rooster Cogburn true grit and people respected him for it.
Streetrunner

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

It is interesting that his following is both people who want to see him succeed and the people who want him to fail. Everyone wants to watch him either way.
Gooddogowner

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Streetrunner wrote:
It is interesting that his following is both people who want to see him succeed and the people who want him to fail. Everyone wants to watch him either way.
Just not on a football field.
Mensa6

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Tim Teblow wrote:
<quoted text>
This would be closer to reality.
If he were a black atheist QB from the University of Miami struggling to make a team, the Southern fried bible pounders wouldn't exactly be so wonderously supportive like they are with Teblow.
Very true...And those who oppose Christ and His followers wouldn't be so vocal against him. Satanists absolutely hate this guy. One might want to take stock of where they stand in the eternal scheme of things. Always expect to be harangued by some when you either bring up or support the truth.
Fans can root for him or root against him, but many of the things said on these posts about him only show the evil inside the posters own heart.
The only difference between anyone saved, like Tebow, and an unbeliever is the believer has come to accept that they are sinners, without any hope of salvation without Christ's intervention. The unbeliever refuses to bend his knee to God and says I'm fine just as I am or can save myself. Unfortunately their rude awakening is a lot closer than they realize. So keep them in your prayers. And remember, we are no better than them, just blessed for being less arrogant towards a creator willing to die in their place.

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Mensa6 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true...And those who oppose Christ and His followers wouldn't be so vocal against him. Satanists absolutely hate this guy. One might want to take stock of where they stand in the eternal scheme of things. Always expect to be harangued by some when you either bring up or support the truth.
Fans can root for him or root against him, but many of the things said on these posts about him only show the evil inside the posters own heart.
The only difference between anyone saved, like Tebow, and an unbeliever is the believer has come to accept that they are sinners, without any hope of salvation without Christ's intervention. The unbeliever refuses to bend his knee to God and says I'm fine just as I am or can save myself. Unfortunately their rude awakening is a lot closer than they realize. So keep them in your prayers. And remember, we are no better than them, just blessed for being less arrogant towards a creator willing to die in their place.
And perhaps the atheists would never have given Tebow a second thought if he weren't a white Christian. I am not religious myself, but all the anti-Tebowism has actually made me sympathetic to him.
Mensa6

La Palma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>And perhaps the atheists would never have given Tebow a second thought if he weren't a white Christian. I am not religious myself, but all the anti-Tebowism has actually made me sympathetic to him.
Speaks well for you. Anytime someone is picked on in a way that shows a lack of fairness, good people should come to his aid.
A man once said--- the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. The man Sir Edmund Burke.
After reading some of these blogs it seems that's the state of affairs America now finds itself in. Politically as well as in sports.
Streetrunner

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Bellicheck said he is not ruling out a recall of Tebow. Looks like he may still be in demand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tim Tebow Discussions

Search the Tim Tebow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tim Tebow's Inability to Find Work in the NFL I... (Oct '13) Wed Laughing Bear Fan 216
Philadelphia Eagles' LeSean McCoy: I'd Pick My ... Wed LeEnema McLaxative 2
Ex-PGA Tour player shells out ad for Tim Tebow ... Apr 8 Teblow 9
Is Tim Tebow gay? (Aug '10) Mar 30 Tebow fan 130
New England Patriots Rumors: Why Desean Jackson... Mar 28 Bob Kraft 9
Tim Tebow Involved in Ohio State's Self-Reporte... Mar 27 He Hate Me 3
Mark Sanchez's Jets career: A timeline Mar 27 He Hate Me 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••