Dwight to sign on with Raiders

Dwight to sign on with Raiders

There are 17 comments on the Press-Citizen story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Dwight to sign on with Raiders. In it, Press-Citizen reports that:

“I just want to go out there and try to help them win some games. "It's going to be interesting to snap on a helmet. It's been almost a year now.”

Tim Dwight isn't ready to hang up his cleats just yet. The Oakland Raiders have offered the former Iowa Hawkeye and City High star a one-year deal, and Dwight is expected to sign a contract as soon as today to ... via Press-Citizen

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Citizen.

Duggar1

Spotsylvania, VA

#1 Oct 30, 2007
Great some outside speed and experience at wide reciever should help. Now... what do we do about the O-Line?
Duggar1

Spotsylvania, VA

#2 Oct 30, 2007
Oh..by the way...The raiders will win the next three games and be 5 and 5. Next step.. is a good question.. we have some tough games and a 8&8 season would be tough to pull off but you never know.....Raider since 65

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#3 Oct 30, 2007
Any idea who they are going to cut to make room for him? This could be a little spark they need, he is a vet that seems to adjust well in the locker room with other teams.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Oct 30, 2007
Probably Andrew Walter unfortunatly...

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Oct 30, 2007
John Bowie is a possibility too or Chris Morris since neither of them really plays. I really hope it's Mike Williams since he seems to have butter for fingers. If he's open and gets thrown at, he needs to catch the passes. That's part of the reason why defenses take Curry and Porter a little more seriously than Williams. Hopefully Tim Dwight can be the kind of leader Tim Brown was. I think Porter ruined his career after last year because he hasn't been as productive as he was before the incident with Art Shell.
Freddy

New Cumberland, PA

#6 Oct 30, 2007
Whether Dwight is productive or not, I like that the Raiders are looking to improve now and not waiting until the off-season. I'm not sure who they will cut, but Walter seems safe. Walter has value in a trade, can be the #2 next year with Culpepper and McCown not under contract. It seems there are other players on the roster more likely to go.
Captain Canada

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Oct 30, 2007
NFL Network has reported that Mike Williams has been released. Kiffin is a man of his word, no one is on scholarship anymore. Not even one of his USC boys. I'm thinking the fellas will execute the best they have all year against Houston.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#8 Oct 30, 2007
Hrrummphh!!!
Now we are getting somewhere...I really hope there is a change at QB this week...It will be interesing to see who is getting the snaps this week.
Captain Canada wrote:
NFL Network has reported that Mike Williams has been released. Kiffin is a man of his word, no one is on scholarship anymore. Not even one of his USC boys. I'm thinking the fellas will execute the best they have all year against Houston.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#9 Oct 31, 2007
RaiderFaith wrote:
Hrrummphh!!!
Now we are getting somewhere...I really hope there is a change at QB this week...It will be interesing to see who is getting the snaps this week. <quoted text>
Oh yeah...I really hope Jamarcus is named starter this week...with Mike W gone, maybe we'll more out of Johnnie Lee and next thing you know Michael Bush will be activated and start contributing...rumor has it that Bush is a Bo Jackson type and hopefully he's just as good or better...

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#10 Oct 31, 2007
Duggar1 wrote:
Great some outside speed and experience at wide reciever should help. Now... what do we do about the O-Line?
Draft Jake Long next year...is he really Howie Long's son?
Twilight Zone

New Brunswick, NJ

#11 Oct 31, 2007
It's about time Williams was cut. Never should've made the team in the first place. I like Higgins but we need to get another WR next year. Free agent or with a high draft pick. Porter is the best WR we've drafted since Tim Brown. And he's never even had a 1,000yd season. Brown was drafted when ? late 80's ? Not good. Tim Dwight will do nothing as a WR for us. I give him 3 weeks till he pops a hamstring, then he'll be useless as a returner also. How old is this fucking guy ?

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

#12 Oct 31, 2007
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Draft Jake Long next year...is he really Howie Long's son?
i've been following college football hard this year to see whats good for the raiders next year. every time michagan playes they always mention how howie longs son is doing and where he stands on the draft board.

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

#13 Oct 31, 2007
Twilight Zone wrote:
It's about time Williams was cut. Never should've made the team in the first place. I like Higgins but we need to get another WR next year. Free agent or with a high draft pick. Porter is the best WR we've drafted since Tim Brown. And he's never even had a 1,000yd season. Brown was drafted when ? late 80's ? Not good. Tim Dwight will do nothing as a WR for us. I give him 3 weeks till he pops a hamstring, then he'll be useless as a returner also. How old is this fucking guy ?
i know he may be old but remember we had tim brown and jerry rice and went to the super bowl. he could be used like they were. someone for a sure catch in short yardage. a possesion type. plus his leadership could help. we will see.
CALIR8DER

Manteca, CA

#14 Oct 31, 2007
ljordanfan34 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know he may be old but remember we had tim brown and jerry rice and went to the super bowl. he could be used like they were. someone for a sure catch in short yardage. a possesion type. plus his leadership could help. we will see.
You can't compare this guy to future Hall of Fame players.

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

#15 Nov 1, 2007
CALIR8DER wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compare this guy to future Hall of Fame players.
ya of course i agree but he can help the team like they did late in their careers. they are the best ever and he wont fall in that category.
Twilight zone

New Brunswick, NJ

#16 Nov 4, 2007
ljordanfan34 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know he may be old but remember we had tim brown and jerry rice and went to the super bowl. he could be used like they were. someone for a sure catch in short yardage. a possesion type. plus his leadership could help. we will see.
Had a TD today. Good for him.

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

#17 Nov 4, 2007
Twilight zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a TD today. Good for him.
ABOUT THE ONLY POSITIVE THING. RUSSELL YET?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Dwight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Jets: Lessons to be Learned from the P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 School of No Thought 4
News Raiders sign WR Dwight (Nov '07) Nov '07 mike 1
News Jets' Washington returns kickoff 86 yards - (Aug '07) Aug '07 Wayne 1
News Jets lose Dwight, Chatham (Jul '07) Jul '07 FRIARS 2
News Continuity helps Jets' passing game (Jun '07) Jun '07 Chris 2