NBC's Tiki Barber should be fired

NBC's Tiki Barber should be fired

There are 31 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 25, 2008, titled NBC's Tiki Barber should be fired. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

There it was on the AOL news, "Did Tiki Barber call a female co-worker the `c' word?" "Say what?" I snorted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scott

Belleville, IL

#1 Aug 25, 2008
He never said the whole word, god get over it he should have bitch slapped her anyway, she is always arrogant on the today show, get a freeken clue.
Ben

Aurora, CO

#2 Aug 25, 2008
Hey Scott, She's uppity and deserves it?- You obviously have the same mysogyny issues as Barber-Fire him or send him to a male chauvinists only network where he will fit in very well.
YAWN

Walnut, CA

#3 Aug 25, 2008
What a dumb story. I almost went back to sleep. Phil Perrier??...who is Phil Perrier? No wonder I've never heard of him. Keep writting these kind of stories and i'll never buy this newspaper again.(feel free to cut and paste THAT)
jack offen

United States

#4 Aug 25, 2008
i'm a brother, and there should not be a double standard, if he said it he should go.don't start no shiit won't be no shiit tiki.
Bill from NJ

Medford, NY

#5 Aug 25, 2008
Hey Scott get a clue ?

You must be some sort of low life

A professional broadcaster on a national tv station
who is paid millions and is reaching everyday amaericans

should be b slapping someone, or using the "c" word ?

This is not a bar in the low rent part of town you obviously slither around at

He MUST be fired and you should take a shower and
put the vodka bottle down
Bill from NJ

Medford, NY

#6 Aug 25, 2008
thanks Jack fair statement, maybe we can all get along and stand up for each other

Poor Tiki, bad mouths his ex team ( they immediately win it all without him)

and he pulls this low rent act in a job that pays him millions to act professional and show some class

Fire hime now
Wary American

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Aug 25, 2008
Enough. Imus shouldn't have been fired for what he said, and nor should Barber. Everyone acts like they've never heard these words or said things similar in their own private lives.
Articles like this force this faux "outrage" (a highly over used term) on to us. We are becoming too thin-skinned as a country. This threat to not buy products or services advertised on NBC over some words spoken is pathetic. If only we had the same zeal in attacking the real problems we face as a nation, then we could really get some things done.
Tina

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Aug 26, 2008
I think he should be reprimanded, not fired. The comparison to Don Imus is inappropriate. Unless I missed the part where the female athletes provoked him, publicly no less. Imus should have been fired. Tiki should have let it go or retaliated off air. That's like someone slapping you and acting surprised when you hit back...
Hal from NY

Medford, NY

#9 Aug 26, 2008
Wary American and Tina

Enough ? he should be reprimanded, not fired ?

On a national broadcast he showed no class, no professionalisim and used an ugly and demeaning remark to amother female broadcaster and over a mdeal count debate ?

do we have any standards left ?
maybe he should have told her to give him oral sex
with a more vulgar phrase

If this is not over the top and disgusting what is ? This was not an HBO or adult channel show

It was Olympic coverage

He should be fired and you both should be ashamed of yourselves
Max

Medford, NY

#10 Aug 26, 2008
Hey Scott

how about I bitch slap you,

whats the matter hate the ladies cause you
not getting any ?
Ernie Lundquist

Pensacola, FL

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Mr. Perrier has this one right. Tiki must be fired! Where is Al Sharpton? He must get involved, and immediately call for Tiki's termination. If he doesn't Rev. Sharpton is not only a fraud, but a racist!
opinion

Belleville, IL

#12 Aug 28, 2008
Jenna should have never said something about a ring tiki didn't win. She started it just like she did when her and brian williams argued on air in the olympic updates. Jenna is a B word and a C word and they should fire HER. She is one of the hardiest people to work with. She is unprofessional and MSNBC should do us a favor and send her packing. I'm happy Tiki was able to contain himself as good as he did those two weeks working with that B word. Nobody provoked Imus if I recall. I totally disagree with this article, what should become of Jenna for an obvious provocation on air toward tiki? Like she's the best thing since slice freaking bread!! She thinks she's hot stuff in a champagne bottle, when she's really diarrhea in a dixie cup!!
jack offen

United States

#13 Aug 28, 2008
i signed a code of conduct agreement. we all say things in private. not in front of millions of people including kids. besides with all the past bullshiit people geting fired for inappropriate stuff he should know better. then when the sharptons and others come in as to assist maybe they will be better accepted
Clint Torris

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Aug 28, 2008
Why all this furrer ove a guy caling a women cute? ha ha ha
Max

Medford, NY

#15 Aug 28, 2008
to the comment poster named opinion ...

your a low life and I reproduced you about 1 hour ago when I took a dump
passing me by

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 28, 2008
Come on guys. Giva a brotha a break. He really didn't mean it , so stop being so insensitive.
opinion

Belleville, IL

#17 Aug 28, 2008
TO MAX you're the type of guy who would try to find the corner in a circular room, aren't you? Who the hell are you, Max Wolfe??? Are you the husband or should I say B**** of Jenna Wolfe? You've got your head so far up your A** you're wearing it as a HAT. So for now on your name is A**hat. I could care less what a chumpstain like yourself says A**hat. Jenna is A C*** and you're a D***. You guys MUST be married because last time I heard C**T's and D**K's go hand and hand.
Max

Medford, NY

#18 Aug 29, 2008
hey "opinion" your last comment could only be written by someone who has little education, no class and is ignorant

How's that job at McDonalds ?
or are you just waiting for the welfare check in the mail

You need to get over your woman hating and your anger or better yet crawl back under the rock you slithered from under you creep
jake

Medford, NY

#19 Aug 30, 2008
message to: passing me by

it is you who is being insensitive.
he made a vulgar remark directed at a woman co-host during a telecast covering the olympics

He did have a break, a million dollar job which he just pissed away because he has a temper problem and a judgment problem

I do not care if he is brotha or if he had said it to a sista

If he wants to talk like a thug he can do it for free not for millions of dollars paid to him because people like me will watch and buy the products his advertisers are selling

Fire Tiki Barber now
Opinion

Memphis, TN

#21 Aug 31, 2008
hey Asshat or Max "How's that job at mcdonalds?" My feelings are really hurt now. LMAO I've seen better comebacks from Milli Vanilli. I must be talkin to a 12 year punk you're Jenna Wolfe's bastard son aren't ya? Shut up boy, before I hit you with MY WALLET. You're not in my league son. You came in here like Tarzan, and I made you look like Jane. Know your role in life when an Adult is talking. Geez if you were any smarter, you'd be a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiki Barber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barber plays heart out in farewell (Jan '07) Apr '16 wow 3
News Thursday Night Football Q&A: Tiki Barber "Peyto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 10
News Terry Bradshaw: Eagles likely to bench Vick (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim Evans Esq 1
News Tiki Barber Leaves Pregnant Wife for Former NBC... (Apr '10) Jul '12 ikyb 38
News Ex-Giants Star Tiki Barber, Traci Lynn Johnson ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Tiki Barber to marry his towering intern as div... (Jul '12) Jul '12 ivyawe 1
News Break glass in case of emergency (Jun '11) Jun '11 Cellphonefarts 2
More from around the web