Tiki Barber comeback will not end well

Full story: TwinCities.com

In an Oct, 8, 2006 file photo New York Giants' Tiki Barber carries the ball against the Washington Redskins in East Rutherford, N.J. After four years in retirement, former New York Giants running back Tiki Barber is looking to get back into the NFL.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
jeb

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

good article...what a surprise that it wasn't written by one of the esteemed sports minds on the pio press staff.
tiki was on of my favorite RBs before he retired. guy could do everything, was consistent, didn't fumble the ball and could follow his blocking better then any RB i have seen. since his retirement, however, he has become an absolute disaster. for a guy that is supposed to be as smart as him, he sure has done an incredible about of stupid s@#t in the last four years.
Louis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

jeb wrote:
good article...what a surprise that it wasn't written by one of the esteemed sports minds on the pio press staff.
tiki was on of my favorite RBs before he retired. guy could do everything, was consistent, didn't fumble the ball and could follow his blocking better then any RB i have seen. since his retirement, however, he has become an absolute disaster. for a guy that is supposed to be as smart as him, he sure has done an incredible about of stupid s@#t in the last four years.
The must be out of your frigging mind. He couldn't tote the rock at all without coughing it up. He never won a championship, never won an MVP and was always complaining the whole time. I say he needs to stay retired.
jeb

Albany, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

yup, im the crazy one, even though tiki rushed for over 1000 yards six times, over 1500 three times and had two years over 2000 APY including his last two. oh, and he had a total of eight fumbles his last three years. he never won an MVP or a championship? neither did earl campbell,barry sanders or AP to this point...they are/were pretty good. you sure do have strange criteria for measuring how good a RB is and i think you also missed my point entirely. tiki was a great RB, but was also an A@##ole. his antics ovr the last few years have made that more apparent since he retired. couple that with the fact that he is now 35 and you have the reasons he should stay that way, but don't try to tell me he was never a good RB...you would then be the one 'out of your frigging mind' as you so delicately put it.
Penelope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

jeb wrote:
yup, im the crazy one, even though tiki rushed for over 1000 yards six times, over 1500 three times and had two years over 2000 APY including his last two. oh, and he had a total of eight fumbles his last three years. he never won an MVP or a championship? neither did earl campbell,barry sanders or AP to this point...they are/were pretty good. you sure do have strange criteria for measuring how good a RB is and i think you also missed my point entirely. tiki was a great RB, but was also an A@##ole. his antics ovr the last few years have made that more apparent since he retired. couple that with the fact that he is now 35 and you have the reasons he should stay that way, but don't try to tell me he was never a good RB...you would then be the one 'out of your frigging mind' as you so delicately put it.
He's also bald now which doesn't bode well for him. The best running backs have always had big 'fros like Billy Sims, Tony Dorsett and yes, even your beloved Barry Sanders.
Quinton McWhiggers

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Judged:

Tiki Barber may be lucky if he can find a job at a laundry shaking farts out of bedsheets.
Anonymous

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

Barber was dynamite in his prime, but as we all know running backs start to lose their effectiveness and their explosiveness after 30, so he is going to have to defy history to be a success

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tiki Barber Discussions

Search the Tiki Barber Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBC's Tiki Barber should be fired (Aug '08) Jan '13 Rick Schlauch Beer n Chip 31
Terry Bradshaw: Eagles likely to bench Vick (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim Evans Esq 1
Tiki Barber Leaves Pregnant Wife for Former NBC... (Apr '10) Jul '12 ikyb 38
Ex-Giants Star Tiki Barber, Traci Lynn Johnson ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Tiki Barber to marry his towering intern as div... (Jul '12) Jul '12 ivyawe 1
Break glass in case of emergency (Jun '11) Jun '11 Cellphonefarts 2
NY: Be careful what you wish for with Plax (Jun '11) Jun '11 Isaac Maldonado 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••