Report: Brett Favre set to retire

Report: Brett Favre set to retire

There are 78 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Report: Brett Favre set to retire. In it, Newsday reports that:

Brett Favre has told has agent to inform the Jets of his plans to retire, according to a report on ESPN.com. Citing an e-mail sent by Favre, the report said Favre praised Jets management, inlcuding GM Mike ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reality

Mooresboro, NC

#62 Feb 11, 2009
Pat from Babylon wrote:
WOW, What are we going to do with all those favre tee shirts and jerseys we bought last season? fire Sale at modells. LOL
They'll be on E-BAY for twice what they're worth.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#63 Feb 11, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Garcia ? Another QB who has taken too many hits, the guy can certainly gut it out but for how much longer ?
if your married to Carmen DeCesare, probably not too much time anyway
Slick

Williston Park, NY

#64 Feb 11, 2009
WaaWaaWeeWaa wrote:
Now what am I going to do with my Favre Jersey???!!!
Hang it in your bathroom and the next time you're out of T.P. you'll know what to do! ;-)
Jay

New York, NY

#65 Feb 11, 2009
good. let him go back home. hopefully, we don;t have to hear from him. good riddance
Frank

Bronx, NY

#66 Feb 11, 2009
As a long suffering Jet fan ( ticket holder ) ..are there any other kind..I have to say in he beinning of the season it was actually fun to go to the games and know you had a chance to win...and he was fun to watch and root for..the end though was simply awful...so now we need a new qb..not the current #2 #3 and #4 guys, and someon to throw the ball to...( Coles doesn't cut it ) ...then maybe they'll be fun to watch...the teams they play this season are no push-overs... without a qb and a wideout..it could be a long one...
Cheese Cake Head

New York, NY

#67 Feb 11, 2009
For Sale: Green #4 jersey and cheese-cake hat. Like new.
fatso

Bronx, NY

#68 Feb 11, 2009
anyone seen michael vick?
Winston

Sacramento, CA

#69 Feb 11, 2009
Another thing I want to add is that
he always so BUMMY looking,
unshaven beard, disheveled, wrinkled
clothes,he has that homeless look. STAY AWAY FROM THE NFL BRETT, they can get along great without you buddy.
paul

Walbridge, OH

#70 Feb 11, 2009
Who writes your poll questions?

Here's my suggested new poll:

Q1: Turn the job over to...
A. Clemens
B. Ratliff
C. Ainge
D. A rookie draft pick
E. A free agent

Unless I'm missing something not named Brad Smith, those are the options.
paul

Walbridge, OH

#71 Feb 11, 2009
ok... I guess trading for Cassel is in the realm of possibility. But so is me winning a million bucks.
fotoguy

Bellmore, NY

#72 Feb 11, 2009
Oh, again?

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#73 Feb 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
As a long suffering Jet fan ( ticket holder )..are there any other kind..I have to say in he beinning of the season it was actually fun to go to the games and know you had a chance to win...and he was fun to watch and root for..the end though was simply awful...so now we need a new qb..not the current #2 #3 and #4 guys, and someon to throw the ball to...( Coles doesn't cut it )...then maybe they'll be fun to watch...the teams they play this season are no push-overs... without a qb and a wideout..it could be a long one...
Good post, pay attention guys, whether you are a fan or not this is the way to voice your thoughts with a little focus and perspective.
dinggg

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Feb 11, 2009
Are you all really surprised??? He was never a jet and thought he was just doing us all a favor by gracing us with his presence on the team....b
ye bye

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#75 Feb 11, 2009
It's fashionable to trash Brett now, but he QB'd three tough mid-season road wins at Pats, Bills and Titans.

With that limited play book, because of his late signing, defenses eventually caught up to what the Jets liked to do on offense

Great move! By also cutting DB Barett they are now $17 mill under the cap.
Just don't waste it on Ray Lewis...
JFC

Brooklyn, NY

#76 Feb 12, 2009
WaaWaaWeeWaa wrote:
Now what am I going to do with my Favre Jersey???!!!
Just change the name to Aguiar.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#77 Feb 12, 2009
paul wrote:
Who writes your poll questions?
Here's my suggested new poll:
Q1: Turn the job over to...
A. Clemens
B. Ratliff
C. Ainge
D. A rookie draft pick
E. A free agent
Unless I'm missing something not named Brad Smith, those are the options.
this guy's a genius at deductive reasoning

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#78 Feb 12, 2009
TLITLKITIS wrote:
THANK GOD!!! You suked...Give Ratcliff the job....
will you explain to the class how you saw this guy take enough snaps and deduce that he's the guy for the job. this should be good kids!

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#80 Feb 12, 2009
toodilydoo wrote:
The Jets aren't a real team anyway.
and all you jet fans are aholes
nice addition to the fray

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web