Jets rout Rams to set up battle for 1st with Pats

Full story: Newsday 26
In the locker room afterward, Damien Woody had a message for Brett Favre and the rest of his teammates. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#1 Nov 10, 2008
Well...a total complete victory. Yes it was the lowly Rams, but these are games that have to be won. It is certainly nice to know that we are playing for sole possesion of 1st place in the AFC East this Thursday. I am more than certain that Belechick, the HC of the PAT's, will try some trickery against the Jets, but this time the Jets are ready for him.
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#2 Nov 10, 2008
And now comes the Patriots....the Patriots are coming, the Patriots are coming!!! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
jimsha

Hauppauge, NY

#3 Nov 10, 2008
Ok Mister Woody with New England up and Titan on deck I guess we will see!
Jay

New York, NY

#4 Nov 10, 2008
MrRight wrote:
And now comes the Patriots....the Patriots are coming, the Patriots are coming!!! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
yes, look for belichick to have them ready. favre may throw a costly pick or two.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 10, 2008
It will all be decided Thursday, the Jets have the best QB and RB in the AFC, are 3rd in Sacks in the NFL.

Belechik can get the Pats 'ready' all he wants (which AL coaches do)

The Jets wil win thursday. Too bad the schedule maker has them playing a key divisional game and best game of next week on 4 days rest on a Thursday for only the NFL network. putting fans first again!

LAst year local stations picked up the Pats-Giants in game 16 since the Giants camp is here. probably no such luck, this year

BTW, Chad dosen't complete that 51 yard pass to Keller.

NOw I see why the writers all said that the Jones trade was steal two years ago.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 10, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>yes, look for belichick to have them ready. favre may throw a costly pick or two.
have not watched the last two games I see. I guarantee you won't see the Pats QB running up the middle to score a TD from the 20.
Jet Fan in SC

Taylorsville, NC

#7 Nov 10, 2008
MrRight wrote:
With "spygate" shutdown, it comes down to hard nosed football,who wants it more, right now it's the Jets. " Bill"Cheater"Bellici k is going down.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 10, 2008
Jet Fan in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
With "spygate" shutdown, it comes down to hard nosed football,who wants it more, right now it's the Jets. " Bill"Cheater"Bellici k is going down.
PLEASE, NO resurrecting the spygate crap or whether Belechik will shake Mangini's hand
Jets Fan

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2008
If our defense can be as explosive as they were yesterday then the Pats dont stand a chance. I have not seen the Jets play defense like that in a really long time
Harry

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Jets Fan wrote:
If our defense can be as explosive as they were yesterday then the Pats dont stand a chance. I have not seen the Jets play defense like that in a really long time
I look for the Pats to beat the Jets on Thursday and takeover 1st place.
DoubleGated Gate D Fans

Florham Park, NJ

#11 Nov 10, 2008
Earth to jet fans, you played the beat the Rams yesterday. Favre will blow the game Thursday night; count on it!
Steven

White Plains, NY

#12 Nov 10, 2008
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
It will all be decided Thursday, the Jets have the best QB and RB in the AFC, are 3rd in Sacks in the NFL.
Belechik can get the Pats 'ready' all he wants (which AL coaches do)
The Jets wil win thursday. Too bad the schedule maker has them playing a key divisional game and best game of next week on 4 days rest on a Thursday for only the NFL network. putting fans first again!
LAst year local stations picked up the Pats-Giants in game 16 since the Giants camp is here. probably no such luck, this year
BTW, Chad dosen't complete that 51 yard pass to Keller.
NOw I see why the writers all said that the Jones trade was steal two years ago.
The game Thursday will also be on CW11 (for those that don't have the NFL Network).

Great performance against a sucky football team that some thought was going to be a trap game. Guess the Rams winning those 2 games in DC and against Dallas was their time for the year.

I think the league should consider the November 23 Sunday night game, if they call for an intense matchup (in flex-scheduling), it should be the Jets/Titans game (then again the Titans do play on Thanksgiving). You never know, playing the Pats and Titans will show who this team really is. The way they've looked, like a disciplined football team, I think they can.
Pete Zereeyah

New York, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2008
DoubleGated Gate D Fans wrote:
Earth to jet fans, you played the beat the Rams yesterday. Favre will blow the game Thursday night; count on it!
Earth to redneck.

The Jets defense is going to tear off Cassel's head and sh/1t down his throat.
Cheese Cake Head

New York, NY

#14 Nov 10, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
The game Thursday will also be on CW11 (for those that don't have the NFL Network).
Great performance against a sucky football team that some thought was going to be a trap game. Guess the Rams winning those 2 games in DC and against Dallas was their time for the year.
I think the league should consider the November 23 Sunday night game, if they call for an intense matchup (in flex-scheduling), it should be the Jets/Titans game (then again the Titans do play on Thanksgiving). You never know, playing the Pats and Titans will show who this team really is. The way they've looked, like a disciplined football team, I think they can.
Here! Here!
CaJetFan

Laguna Hills, CA

#15 Nov 10, 2008
Thomas Jones is looking more and more like Curtis Martin these days. Great game TJ. First place is there for the Jets to grab. Go Jets
skip

United States

#16 Nov 10, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>yes, look for belichick to have them ready. favre may throw a costly pick or two.
I dunno bout that

thomas broke his arm sunday and Bruschi plays like he's on valium.

And the Jet D only gave up 3

on the other hand
Faulk didn't play much.
Maybe Bill was restin him for thursday

Since: Jul 08

Landskrona, Sweden

#17 Nov 10, 2008
It is wonderful.

http://www.ebayoyo.com
skip

United States

#18 Nov 10, 2008
Jets Fan wrote:
Not since the week after the Pat's got caught with the camera...

naw
...the Jets wouldn't
they're not cheaters....
NYIhockey16

AOL

#19 Nov 10, 2008
I've been a Jets fan for 25 years and this was one of those classic games in which they would fall on their faces, so the fact they came out and played in such dominating fashion is very encouraging.
Jets Fan

Houston, TX

#20 Nov 10, 2008
Its finally time to stake claim for first place. This team is starting to gel just at the right time. The Patriots raine is finally over, and who better to send them back to the basement of the AFC East? Thats right people, OUR NY JETS...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7

Thomas Jones People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE