First-rate grade for Favre & Co.

First-rate grade for Favre & Co.

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 14, 2008, titled First-rate grade for Favre & Co.. In it, Newsday reports that:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. From the moment Brett Favre stepped into the Jets ' locker room, he knew the one thing that would determine how far his new team would go this year had nothing to do with his legendary passing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Willie

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2008
Oh it's sweet at the top, espically doing against the cheaters up in NE. Hey New England.....YOU SUCK!
oh god

Holtsville, NY

#2 Nov 14, 2008
am i the only one here?
Jim

AOL

#4 Nov 14, 2008
Good game-fun to watch, but they need to stay focused. Tennessee is just a week away!!!
Doug

New York, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2008
Typical Glauber, predicting their demise yesterday then acting like he never did.

The highlight of Glauber's night was watching Randy moss shower.

More hair spray and foundation Bob.
Martin Scorsese

New York, NY

#6 Nov 14, 2008
It was great watching Kris Jenkins force the Pats to come up with a different game plan. You know your nosetackle is doing something right if the other team needs to run their offense out of the shotgum just to avoid having him on the field
Jet Fan in SC

Waynesville, NC

#7 Nov 14, 2008
A 7 minute Jet drive to all but eat up the 4qtr. only to have NE come back and tie at the end of regulation? You couldn't have scripted it better! WHY wasn't this game nationally televised? Shame on NFL!!!
Muhammad

Hollis, NY

#8 Nov 14, 2008
Bob Glauber I loved the print edition better where you said Randy Bleepin Moss.. that was great... it's great when the Jets beat him and the bleeping HC of the NE .. it was also great to see the Giants kick around Terrel bleepin Owens and the bleepin Cowboys..
Go Jets!!!! Go Giants!!!
Muhammad

Hollis, NY

#9 Nov 14, 2008
Bleepin Belecheat is a soreloser!!!!
Hope Leon Hess is haunting the backstabber!!
Willie wrote:
Oh it's sweet at the top, espically doing against the cheaters up in NE. Hey New England.....YOU SUCK!
Pat

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2008
Great Win !! but nothing comes easy...

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 14, 2008
Jet Fan in SC wrote:
A 7 minute Jet drive to all but eat up the 4qtr. only to have NE come back and tie at the end of regulation? You couldn't have scripted it better! WHY wasn't this game nationally televised? Shame on NFL!!!
AGREE. The NFL is FAN-tastic. Except where money is involved. The sales of Jerseys level out so they come up with throw-back Uni'es.. Now they cherry pick games for their National network. I cursed them while listening to the game on the radio and waiting for the post game highlights.
I didn't want to HAVE to go to a sports bar on a thursday night.

I already pay for MSG, and now the NHL says that all upsate NY is Sabre territory and MSG can only a show 50 games (ON THEIR STATION). SNY blacks out Jet presason games here (150 mile limit from Giants stadium). and I get KNick game replays pre-empted by Sabre games. The leagues say to the fans go-spit... and we keep coming back for more
Phil

Newark, DE

#12 Nov 14, 2008
The Jets have been one of the very worst franchises in pro sports over the past 40 years, especially given that they play in the largest market in the country. Past Jet teams would have lost, because bad teams always find a way to lose. I'm not happy that they let the Pats back into the game, but they won. That wouldn't have happened in the past. Are they a great team? Still too early to tell -- but at least they give their fans reason to hope. All -- players and coaches -- deserve credit for the turnaround of a dismal franchise.
mets fan in omaha

Omaha, NE

#13 Nov 14, 2008
We need to beat Tenn next week to really feel good about last nites game... I could,nt believe what MSN's sports page was saying about the Jets victory this morning about not beating the real Patriots...BS...a wins a win and thats the point that writer totalally avoided..we have a shot @/or in the playoffs because NY proved they were an equal team and are on par w/ teams like N.E....Brett needs better protection and we need to better capitolize on opportunities next game and we win. GO JETS!!!!
Chhese

New York, NY

#14 Nov 14, 2008
Doug wrote:
Typical Glauber, predicting their demise yesterday then acting like he never did.
The highlight of Glauber's night was watching Randy moss shower.
More hair spray and foundation Bob.
LMFAO!!!

That is funny as all h3ll and makes me proud to be a Jets fan...because they we some of the sickest people in this country!

Bring on the [email protected] Titans!
Rich

AOL

#15 Nov 14, 2008
I think to be a Jets fan..you have to be a Mets fan. Being a Mets fan prepares your nerves for the Jets season. You can what if last night all you want, it is a win and..whoever is being allowed to call the coin toss..do not change them! Last nights win has a meaning to Jets fans that most other fans would not understand.
Dane

New York, NY

#16 Nov 14, 2008
Just like Johnette Howard, these Newsday clowns didn't know the score after the first half was 24-13 not 24-6?????

"24-6 thumping in the first half seemed to leave no doubt the Jets have it in them to be a contending team. But then the Patriots' second-half comeback"
Stephan

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Nov 14, 2008
Ahh the "Prevent" defense. This will be the down fall of the Jets. I'v eseen it too often. The dog womn't hunt so why keep calling it?
Am I the only who thinks the Prevrent is the worst call? They were play "OK" on D up unitl that point. The coach made a mistake. I hope he never calls the Prevent ever again. There's enough talent to pull them through without throwing away the efforts with that Defensive scheme
J E T S jets jets jets

Miami, FL

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Favre is the best thing since sliced bread!
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#19 Nov 14, 2008
Rich wrote:
I think to be a Jets fan..you have to be a Mets fan. Being a Mets fan prepares your nerves for the Jets season. You can what if last night all you want, it is a win and..whoever is being allowed to call the coin toss..do not change them! Last nights win has a meaning to Jets fans that most other fans would not understand.
amen brother amen. go gang green
Gang Green

New York, NY

#20 Nov 14, 2008
Rich wrote:
The above posting is frighteningly profound and chillingly poignant.

A greater truth cannot be spoken of we, The Jets' faithful.

But I still say bring on the &*%$#@! Titans!!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#22 Nov 16, 2008
Gang Green wrote:
<quoted text>
The above posting is frighteningly profound and chillingly poignant.
A greater truth cannot be spoken of we, The Jets' faithful.
But I still say bring on the &*%$#@! Titans!!!
Many upsate Pat fans here are crying in their red/whiye and blue towels. I've seen everything from the 'Jets beat the Patriots JV team', with Brady and others out. To the dumb notion that the NFL needs to change Overtime Coin toss rule to the way colleges do it and allow each team a possession. Two points.
I never saw the Pats giving back victories back when they beat teams with injuries over the years . The Patsies couldn't stop the Jets last drive including on a 3rd and 15 at the Jets 10.

You lost. Get over it. BTW, last I checked the PAts are NOT the defending SB champs. That also resides in NY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web