Brett Favre aloof in Jets locker room...

Brett Favre aloof in Jets locker room, created resentment

There are 116 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Brett Favre aloof in Jets locker room, created resentment. In it, Newsday reports that:

If Brett Favre wants to play another year with the Jets, he'll have to work a lot harder to win over his teammates than he did this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#102 Jan 2, 2009
centrist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give it a whirl. Because Jones didn't show up at the end of the year just like Favre. He played like **** and called someone else out for their play.
As a Bears fan, I hate Favre and wish his silly smirking rah-rah mug would have retired 15 years ago. I've also seen what kind of clown Thomas Jones can be.
Have Jet fans called Jones out for his late season performance?
As for Jones' great season: don't tell me what you did, tell me when you did it.
he has been nothing but a model citizen. last year he had to adjust to mangenius MIT offense without a guard worth their weight. this season, he played well. he would have played better had the offensive coaching staff adopted, what is becoming the norm in the NFL, a two back backfield.
as far as the last game goes, point to where Jones fumbled the ball away once. two outta 3 of favre's interceptions were like he was giving the game away.
i'll read between the lines of the rather gentle things Jones said RE: Favre. where there's smoke, there's fire so maybe there's a little more to it.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#103 Jan 2, 2009
Steven wrote:
Oh and the only one QB we outplayed was Edwards in the first Bills game. But I feel ya.
Don't forget though, TJ and Leon earned their ways to the Pro Bowl (I really don't care for the Pro Bowl), but Brett not-a-Jet got there on popularity.
thx steve. Kudos. you sound like a true jet fan.

“Sanchez by Injection ”

Since: Dec 08

Mind Of My Own

#105 Jan 2, 2009
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> does the squirrel thing help with keeping all those "nuts" in order??? lol! you are tooo good, Mrs. I...(and happy new year!)
Hey Mommaroo - how've you been, Babe?? HNY to you as well!! The squirrel thing helps a little, mostly giving you more "nuts" to throw back, LOL....
Randy Rassmussen

AOL

#106 Jan 2, 2009
Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
Favre only had to make a connection as far as being "one of the guys". He chose instead to seperate himself in everything he did and it created a lot of resentment. Going out to dinner should have been no big deal and he should have been willing to do it. Hanging out and going out to dinner once in a while with the guys are two different things.You people want to make stupid excuses for him. And what the heck does "go out to party" exactly mean? You sound like you are in high school with that stupid way of speaking.
I am in High School. Thanks.
Frankie

San Jose, CA

#107 Jan 2, 2009
Randy Rassmussen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in High School. Thanks.
Good, go out and party, whatever the heck that means. By the way why do you take the name of a Jet player from what 30-35 years ago?
tyler

Melbourne, FL

#108 Jan 2, 2009
centrist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give it a whirl. Because Jones didn't show up at the end of the year just like Favre. He played like **** and called someone else out for their play.
As a Bears fan, I hate Favre and wish his silly smirking rah-rah mug would have retired 15 years ago. I've also seen what kind of clown Thomas Jones can be.
Have Jet fans called Jones out for his late season performance?
As for Jones' great season: don't tell me what you did, tell me when you did it.
i can't believe what a hater bears fans are
tyler

Melbourne, FL

#109 Jan 2, 2009
Bears fans are haters
tyler

Melbourne, FL

#110 Jan 2, 2009
smiling and having fun doing what you love is smirking-i feel bad for you
Randy Rassmussen

AOL

#111 Jan 3, 2009
Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, go out and party, whatever the heck that means. By the way why do you take the name of a Jet player from what 30-35 years ago?
He played for the Jets? Wow, I never knew that. When did he? What position? Thanks.
GreenBay Packer 4 ever

Menomonie, WI

#112 Jan 3, 2009
Brett should retire a packer. He will always be a Green Bay Packer. Wisconsin would never give up on him. East Coast eat their young.
Frankie

Bayonne, NJ

#113 Jan 3, 2009
Randy Rassmussen wrote:
<quoted text>
He played for the Jets? Wow, I never knew that. When did he? What position? Thanks.
No I made a mistake he never played for the Jets, he used to be the "water boy" on the Jets bench. He ran into the locker room during games and brought out small bottles of water for the coaches and players.
I think that was in the early 1970's or late '60's. I don't know what ever happened to him and don't care.
HOF 4 KLECKO

AOL

#114 Jan 3, 2009
Randy Rassmussen wrote:
<quoted text>
He played for the Jets? Wow, I never knew that. When did he? What position? Thanks.
He played guard on the Jets from 1967-1981 and wore #66.
Legend

Campbellsville, KY

#115 Jan 19, 2009
he is great
Mo Z

Russell, Canada

#116 Jan 20, 2009
Every one suffers from recency effect, which is pathetic. Favre put in many incredible years, including this one, until his arm started giving him problems. He showed his guts, playing in pain. Look what Pennington did in his playoff game...4 INTERCEPTIONS...I think Chad deserves the title MR. INT.
LostnSpace

Sterling Heights, MI

#117 Jan 20, 2009
Mo Z wrote:
Every one suffers from recency effect, which is pathetic. Favre put in many incredible years, including this one, until his arm started giving him problems. He showed his guts, playing in pain. Look what Pennington did in his playoff game...4 INTERCEPTIONS...I think Chad deserves the title MR. INT.
hhhmmm I guess you missed the game back when the great #4 played for the Packers. In the play-offs against the Rams, Brett threw for 6 "INT's".
kelley

AOL

#118 Jan 20, 2009
LostnSpace wrote:
<quoted text>
hhhmmm I guess you missed the game back when the great #4 played for the Packers. In the play-offs against the Rams, Brett threw for 6 "INT's".
whats your point? he is gunslinger, flacco threw
3 interceptions against big ben. so what.
peyton manning throws interceptions, are you to
cruicify him for it. go back to the packer board
and bash favre. greenbaypressgazette.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web