Brett Favre could still play well with right team

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The common refrain Wednesday after Brett Favre announced his retirement again was this: He should have stayed retired before last season.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2009
Bob Scucci

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Bret, you are great, and should do what ever you want. No one compares to you, even at this age.
GO, GO BRET FAVRE.
George Kaplan

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Oh, please. Don't give that obnoxious, moronic, prima donna who toyed with the media about retirement for years any more press until he goes into the HOF.
go tax ur self

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

the dude is fun to watch and a great foe....GO BEARS
WI Bear

Somerset, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I think he still wants to wear the Purple uniform and stick it to the Pack. He'll do whatever he pleases because he is "Lord Favre" and is a spoiled child.
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Dan,Dan,Dan: You really do like the Vikings,dont you? You dont know Favre very well do you? To say he would thrive in Minnesota. Favre does not play well in domes,with turf! He never has been good in domes,so why would he thrive? Plus he is Beat-up and going on 40,and it Shows. As a Bear fan,I say bring it on!! We have played very well against Favre lately! But you are dreaming,it aint gonna happen Dan. You sure talk about the Vikings alot,in a favorable manner! You obviously didnt watch Favre this past season. Towards the end of the year,you could see his age & him worn out. Favre as well as his teammates,were aware of his decline due to age. Favre couldnt get the ball down the field anymore.Favres T.D to Int ratio towards the end of the season,tells the story as well. No more stories on Favre,especially on our Bears web site. Let the guy Retire,Goodbye,see ya. Lets talk about our Bears Dan,dry your tears already. I am A Die hard Bear fan. So Favre wont get any love from me,Goodbye! I respect him as a player,but thats it. The Favre saga is Over,so get Over it!! Go Bears!
Marty Howard

Little Chute, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Jessica wrote:
Dan,Dan,Dan: You really do like the Vikings,dont you? You dont know Favre very well do you? To say he would thrive in Minnesota. Favre does not play well in domes,with turf! He never has been good in domes,so why would he thrive? Plus he is Beat-up and going on 40,and it Shows. As a Bear fan,I say bring it on!! We have played very well against Favre lately! But you are dreaming,it aint gonna happen Dan. You sure talk about the Vikings alot,in a favorable manner! You obviously didnt watch Favre this past season. Towards the end of the year,you could see his age & him worn out. Favre as well as his teammates,were aware of his decline due to age. Favre couldnt get the ball down the field anymore.Favres T.D to Int ratio towards the end of the season,tells the story as well. No more stories on Favre,especially on our Bears web site. Let the guy Retire,Goodbye,see ya. Lets talk about our Bears Dan,dry your tears already. I am A Die hard Bear fan. So Favre wont get any love from me,Goodbye! I respect him as a player,but thats it. The Favre saga is Over,so get Over it!! Go Bears!
My kind of woman! I'd watch football with you. Great comment!
REM

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

No QB in the modern era has been any good after age 38. Hence, favre is finally done. Too bad, it was fun beating him the last few years.
Tony T Bone

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Favre sucks. Washed up .What a worthless article.No wonder the Trib is broke.
Li Xing

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I am No.4's fan. But since I lived in Chicago, I always cheers for Bears whenever Bears play Packers. If he go to Vikings, I feel this year definitely would be much better than last year.
You know what I mean, right?
Go Bears. But more important: Go, Brett Favre, go!
Dustin

Wild Rose, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Jessica wrote:
maybe if the bears did something worth writing about then more articles would feature your beloved bears. but since they havnt amounted to much the past season your football news will be about other teams.
GO VIKES!!!
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Dustin wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if the bears did something worth writing about then more articles would feature your beloved bears. but since they havnt amounted to much the past season your football news will be about other teams.
GO VIKES!!!
Go Vikes?? I think you are lost little guy! You Fair Weather Fans due tend to get lost though. Or maybe you had One too many Shirley Temples. This is a Bears web-site You know? For Bears fans? Celebrate your team on your own web-site.Because We Dont Care about your Viqueens!! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS,2009 DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Frasier in Niles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

His numbers were skewed by his December stats? So his numbers were skewed by his numbers? No, those WERE HIS NUMBERS. That's like saying the Titanic's maiden voyage outcome was skewed by an iceberg. That's just lazy journalism.
Skewed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Dork.
cheesehead herb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Finally. Someone who gets Brett.
Thanks
Someone

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Dork.
go tax ur self

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

time for senior flag football old man
H and R Block

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Favre sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thomas Jones Discussions

Search the Thomas Jones Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••